Halo 2: Anniversary Forgetacular Announcement!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Connie, May 14, 2018.

By Connie on May 14, 2018 at 6:09 AM
  1. Connie

Connie Catgirls Don't Cry

4v4Contest1.jpg

In a collaborative effort between 343 Industries and ForgeHub, we are excited to announce this contest as our next galactic stepping stone on our way to ushering in our ultimate goal of (world domination) bringing about excellent community created content to the Halo-loving public! With the updates to MCC looming over the horizon like a mysterious silhouetted super soldier, what better way to build up hype than a new forge contest?

The Halo 2 Anniversary: Forgetacular is a map building competition unlike any other in recent ForgeHub history. Let's go over the basics to give you a better understanding of how this contest will differ from previous ones such as the Grand Prix.

• 4v4 Core Maps
    • Only maps created with Halo 2 Anniversary's forge are permitted to enter
    • NO TIME RESTRICTIONS ON BUILDING. Let me reiterate that. You may enter maps that are already completed into this contest!
    • 3 map submission limit
    • Maps MUST be set up for a minimum of TWO core gametypes! (Slayer, Ricochet, KOTH, CTF 1-Flag, CTF 2-Flag, Oddball, Assault, Territories)

Judges:
    Nitroo
    The 0micron
    Shooty Person

Round One of Judging begins at the submission deadline date of June 10th. Round One will see our three judges narrow the search to just 10 maps, which will be announced publically once they have been selected. Then, ForgeHub will hand the figurative reins over to 343 Industries as they narrow those 10 maps down to the chosen 3 with some in-house playtesting!
    4v4Contest4.jpg

Start Date: 12:00 AM EST, May 14th, 2018
    Submission Deadline: , 11:59 AM EST, June 10th, 2018
    Judging Ends: 11:59 PM EST, July 1st, 2018
    Winners Announcement: July 11th, 2018

343 Industries Prizing

1st place will receive: A play date with 343 on their map, a special Halo Waypoint Title Avatar and Badge, a Loot Box, and their map will be placed directly into the H2A playlist pending 343 approval.

2nd place will receive: A special Halo Waypoint Title Avatar and Badge, a Loot Box, and their map will be placed directly into the H2A playlist pending 343 approval.

3rd place will receive: Their map will be placed directly into the H2A playlist pending 343 approval.

ForgeHub Prizing

1st Place: $500 + ForgeHub T-shirt

2nd Place: $350 + ForgeHub T-shirt

3rd Place: $150 + ForgeHub T-shirt

4v4Contest3.jpg

Submit Your Maps Here!

#1 Connie, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Connie, May 14, 2018.

1. NOKYARD
      NOKYARD
      all of it will be i assume
    2. SIR IRON WOLF
      SIR IRON WOLF
      Right now we are unsure if it will be live streamed or not. There is some factors that are being looked at for this particular contest to see if that is a viable option and one of those factors is the amount of maps. We will let it be known if the judging will be streamed by the end of the submission period.

Also in regards to a submission thread, we will hopefully be releasing that thread soon. With the nature of H2A being a little more difficult with file shares we are looking into the best option to go about getting the maps in the most convenient way. We want everyone to have that info right off the bat instead of people missing out info if it is updated after the thread is posted.
      I MetaBreaker I, why and Zombievillan like this.
    3. Connie
      Connie
      Splitscreen won't have any effect on the judging process from ForgeHub, but I can't speak for 343 when it comes to their matchmaking decisions. My best guess, however, is that they'll vet the maps they select, having the forgers tweak things before placing them into matchmaking should they see it fit. Simply put, if your map has splitscreen issues, 343 may ask you to fix them if they want your map for MM.
      eLantern likes this.
    4. Connie
      Connie
      As of right now there are no plans to livestream the judging process from ForgeHub. There is, however, a Trello board where we will be posting feedback and you can follow the judging process live! That board can be found here.
      WaiHo, why and a Chunk like this.
    5. I MetaBreaker I
      I MetaBreaker I
      By "compatible with at least two core gametypes," does that include slayer or not?
    6. CommanderColson
      CommanderColson
      how/ when are lobbies for testing? anyone?
    7. WaiHo
      WaiHo
      If a map has framerate issues, can those be fixed after the initial test runs or does the map have to be flawless from the start?

Cause I made some aesthetic changes to Underwood and have no idea how it influences the framerate without some proper testing which I do not have the time for...

@Nitro @Shooty Person @The Omicron
      Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    8. CommanderColson
    9. sierea
      sierea
      How are they gonna download our maps if we're not on their friends list? H2A has no file browser and waypoint doesn't accept Maps just screenshots and clips? This is my first admission and I'm not seeing the process as transparent.
      Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    10. I MetaBreaker I
      I MetaBreaker I
      nah, you can just go to the roster and click on a player and go to find player. that's how it works.
      BrianMakesGames and sierea like this.