Forgehub And Podtacular Fiesta Frenzy Contest Announcement

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Foge, Jun 28, 2021.

By Foge on Jun 28, 2021 at 8:25 PM
  1. Foge

Foge Staff
    Staff Member Forge Critic Senior Member

FFBanner.jpg

As a final send off to Halo 5 we have partnered with Podtacular to throw a fiesta before the highly Coveted Halo: Infinite drops this holiday season. This will be a two part endeavor consisting of a Forge contest and a tournament hosted by our friends over at Podtacular. We couldn't pass up on the great opportunity to host this combo with a grand total of $4000 at stake. I think it'd be hard to not enter for one last hurrah in Halo 5.​

This will be a map building contest for Halo 5: Forge in which you will be designing maps for the Super Fiesta Game variants found below. Maps will be judged and the top maps will have a chance of being included in the Podtacular Fiesta Frenzy tournament that will follow after judging has been completed, In addition to winning some nice cash/prizes as well.​

FFimg1.jpg

Below are the gamemodes and any differences from that of traditional variants. In addition you may be asking why are there no links to the gamemodes? Well due to a very interesting bug with waypoint and Halo 5 the gamemodes will not show up on waypoint so you will have to download them manually from within Halo 5. All gametypes can be found in the file browser by searching for Godzilla T or Foge in the file browser under gametypes and you should be able to find them accordingly.

Pod Fiesta Slayer

Pod Fiesta Oddball
    Carrier shield Percentage 120%

Pod Fiesta Strongholds
    Scoring frequency 5 seconds
    Score to win 75

Pod Fiesta 3 Flag

Pod Fiesta 5 Flag

FFimg2.jpg
    Podtacular Super Fiesta Game Modes are meant for 4v4, so please build accordingly!

Maps must be set up for all Podtacular gamemodes, however you will be able to choose the maps two preferred gamemodes which we will be judging the maps on. If judging decisions become difficult in the end, those 2 gametypes will be explored further into your non preferred ones so plan accordingly!

Maps must be made within Halo 5 Forge on either PC or xbox

3 Map submissions per contestant. (More can be submitted, however we will only be including the first 3 unless you specify otherwise)

Maps can not have been released or made prior to June 29th, 2021. So only New fresh made maps will be allowed

You will have seven weeks to finish and submit your map. When the submission period ends the judging begins and will end when we review all of the maps.

FFimg3.jpg
    Start Date: June 29th, 2021

End Date: August 17th, 2021 11:59:59 PM PST

Judging Period: Roughly a month and a half
    FFimg6.jpg

Judges include:
    Dust Storm from Podtacular
    Godzilla T from Podtacular
    Sir Iron Wolf from Forgehub
    Foge From Forgehub
    FFimg4.jpg

Prizing:​

1st - $1,000 and a ForgeHub t-shirt and socks from FH, t-shirt and lanyard from Podtacular

2nd - $700 and a t-shirt from FH and Podtacular

3rd - $300 and a t-shirt from FH and Podtacular

FFimg5.jpg
    Submit Here

#1 Foge, Jun 28, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Foge, Jun 28, 2021.

1. lNeedMoreBleach
      lNeedMoreBleach
      If judging decisions become difficult in the end, those 2 gametypes will be explored further into your non preferred ones so plan accordingly!

Doesn't this put asymmetric maps at a disadvantage for game modes?
      xzamplez and CertifiedChamp like this.
    2. I Pod Mini2
      I Pod Mini2
      Okay. No neutral flag, just 1 flag at each "base"
    3. Connie
      Connie
      Yep! I was assuming it was some variation of Stockpile from Reach that I was unfamiliar with in H5, but it's just referring to the caps to win. When I downloaded the files, both were 3 points to win so it was confusing to me, but they should be fixed now.
      I Pod Mini2 likes this.
    4. FunnyJesterMan
      FunnyJesterMan
      "End Date: August 17th, 2021 11:59:59 PST"

Is this AM or PM? As in ending at noon or midnight?
    5. Connie
      Connie
      midnight
      Foge likes this.
    6. Foge
      Foge
      We have fixed this in the post to indicate PM. So yes 11:59:59 PM PST at midnight
    7. SIR IRON WOLF
      SIR IRON WOLF
      We have decided to extend the deadline to August 20th at 11:59 PM PST.
      LargerFiend and CertifiedChamp like this.