Community Doubles Playlist

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Doju, Jun 17, 2016.

By Doju on Jun 17, 2016 at 12:24 PM
  1. Doju

Doju Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

community doubles.jpg

We're always keeping an eye on what's going on in the passionate and creative Forge community, and lately, we've been keeping a particularly close eye on ForgeHub's 2v2 Map Contest. When the contest submission period came to a close earlier this Spring, a total of 145 maps had been entered for consideration. After months of playtesting and looking at the maps details in Forge, the organizers finally had their top ten. When we heard that they had narrowed it down to the best submissions, our curiosity got the best of us, and we reached out to take a peek at them. After extensive playtesting, and with loving feedback from our Multiplayer, Art, and Pro Teams, they were deemed ready for the open ocean we call matchmaking.

We're pretty excited about involving the talented community yet again in the Halo 5 experience, and can't wait for you to try out these playspaces for yourself. Without further ado, here are the maps you’ll be playing this week in Community Doubles:

COBALT BY XXANDRITH
    ForgeHub Listing & Video Feature

[​IMG]

HANGAR BY SOLO XIII

[​IMG]

HAZARD BY LL SETHIROTH LL AND SOLO XIII

[​IMG]

MALTA BY IMAROLLINGSTONE
    ForgeHub Listing

[​IMG]

OPTIC PRISON BY PURELY FAT

[​IMG]

PURPLE REIGN BY A POLISH KOREAN

[​IMG]

SHURIMA BY XDEMPTION

[​IMG]

You can read up on the winners of the ForgeHub Map Contest here, and you can find these maps on our The343Favorites gamertag.

Grab a partner, jump into Community Doubles, and let us know what you think of the maps!

source: halowaypoint

#1 Doju, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2016
    Nitro, REMkings, Chase Odle and 13 others like this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Doju, Jun 17, 2016.

1. SgtSlaphead
      SgtSlaphead
      I simply can't handle anymore 343.
      Goat likes this.
    2. Goat
      Goat
      They mentioned before this change that the playlist is coming back with updated community maps. There were players who wanted to play doubles on dev maps instead.

But of course the dev maps are not tailored for 2v2 in layout, as i'm sure people will remember while this playlist is up.
    3. fame28
      fame28
      If you truly measure the size of a few of the Forge maps like Hangar, Hazard and Purple Reign, you may find that they are not that entirely off from the developer maps they chose for the current playlist, but the lines of site on the dev maps as 2 vs 2 do not play very well at all. It really sucked the fun out of the play list and they changed Breakout to unranked which I have mixed feelings about.

Some will say scaling doesn't determine a map's gameplay, but I think it does.
    4. Doju
      Doju
      Probably down to player numbers. Lets be honest, the game mode has been a disaster with far too much resources put on it pre launch. Hugely flawed gametype.
    5. SgtSlaphead
      SgtSlaphead
      This is such an insult to the forge community. I don't understand why they continue to shut out a fan base which is willing to sustain their game with fresh content for free. I get the feeling the arena map designers don't want forgers showing them up.

Well guys, I had fun playing your maps while they were there.
      fame28 and HeX Reapers like this.
    6. Zombievillan
      Zombievillan
      They did say the playlist was going to be temporary so I don't see how you all act surprised.
      Given To Fly likes this.
    7. HeX Reapers
      HeX Reapers
      Ditto.
    8. Doju
      Doju
      Because they didnt mention "yes your temporary playlist with our own glorious Pro Team tested developer maps designed for 4 v 4"
      HeX Reapers and SgtSlaphead like this.
    9. SgtSlaphead
      SgtSlaphead
      The fact it was considered temporary was bad enough. Then they acknowledge it is popular so they keep it promising ranks. Then they tell us that for a playlist to be ranked and official it can't possibly use forge maps made for 2v2 and instead use 4v4 dev maps. That is what surprises me.
      MultiLockOn and HeX Reapers like this.
    10. Praetoriani Rex
    11. Goat
      Goat
    12. Aschur
      Aschur
      I feel like they are there to help transition to the updated/new ones
    13. Blaze
      Blaze
      Since dev maps make up the current line-up, at least we will get maps with long and close range engagement. Long range engagement were almost entirely absent from community map list. It is funny though that they said some maps were too large for 2v2 to be included and then they go back to their maps. They should just pick a diverse roster of forge maps. Or whatever, I don't really care because I don't play.
      Box Knows and MultiLockOn like this.
    14. HeX Reapers
      HeX Reapers
      They should consider modifying the disc maps for a better 2v2 playstyle, similar to what we saw in H4.