**** Zombies In Halo 3

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Camel Carcass, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hawk

The Hawk Ancient

I have never played Cod WaW, but I have an idea for the repairable windows. Say you have a ledge that you have to grenade jump up to, and you only get one frag grenade per game. So you give up your frag grenade to repair the window, because the triggering powerup would be on top of the ledge you would jump to. The only problem is that you could just jump on someones head, but maybe you could fix that by making two ledges? Or make people have low gravity... but then they couldn't grenade jump... but then you could lower the height of the ledge... but then they could still jump on someone's crouched head... I got it! make them have to grenade jump on a pallet, but give them 2 grenades. So then even if you jump off someones head you still have to use another grenade, to get them up there. Then when you grenade jump off the pallet it destroys it, so you can limit the time of repairing the windows that way.

2. The Spartan III

The Spartan III Ancient
    Banned

wow u put thought into that, looks like you spent half an hour thinking about it.

3. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

I think that the best way to open the new rooms would just be to set up some timed door switches. For example, the Funbox/Help door downstairs opens at a minute, then the stairs in the Funbox/Help room open at 2 minutes, then the stairs in the main room open at 3 minutes. Or even to just show the "player using funds to open the door" feeling, make an active camo switch that spawns at certain times at each door (because zombies should not have active camo). I also had an idea where zombies spawn with a grenade. When you kill the zombie you pick up the grenade and then grenade jump up to grab a custom power up switch or even to grab a weapon on the wall. But obviously the zombies can't have grenades. One last bit, you have to make the zombies considerably stronger than they are in Call of Duty. No one wants to be a 200% gravity, 50% speed zombie getting killed for 20 minutes. Rounds should probably last no longer than 5, as that is probably the attention span of most of my friends. It just has to be fun for both sides, exactly like how (Manifest) Help is on the way, right? is. Sorry I can't be of much help besides random ideas, I'm really too busy with my classes, a competitive map and a conquest map for the contest. Well that's my two cents.

4. DivineWrath07BR

DivineWrath07BR Ancient

Me and my friends made this map, searched it on google, and found this page, and i wanna tell you we made it!!! Its on my file share, with the game type, and if you want the videos that prove we made it!!!!!!

5. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

Note; Insane117 has made a map, probably hasn't discovered this thread, but netherless i'll throw around a link for you guys to test play. i think we'll still make another, but this is probably because i haven't played his version yet. I'ma Download and get back to you, unfortunately i'm not sure when this'll be because teeh laptop has died and teh school filtered my thread. They haven't filtered the site, just my thread. Bastards. Anyways, i'm at my freind's houses atm, if you guys want to get to me; either PM me or send me an xbox live message. GT: "Camel Carcass". Yeah, see ya when possible.
    Linkage; http://www.forgehub.com/forum/casual-maps/52703-****-zombies.html

#65 Camel Carcass, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  6. Master Debayter

Master Debayter Ancient

Also, on that note, I've placed a discussion thread for my upcoming **** Zombies map project. I'm taking any suggestions and ideas to help out with the map. (Currently, I'm worried about getting an effective random box working.) If you want to help me out with that, you can find the link in my signature, or by clicking this link.

7. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

cool, i'll be sure to check it out when i c@n. i'm using @ broken keybo@rd on @ ps3 @t the moment lol, so i'll try to find @ w@y somehow. Cheers.

8. mastersync23

mastersync23 Ancient

Or we could just play World at War...

Just kidding. I like your idea. Still, it would be hard to replicate it into Halo. I do, however, like your weapon comparison list.

9. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

By the way, if anyone has any nz maps, please post sum linkage.

10. Master Debayter

Master Debayter Ancient

And on the note of **** Zombie maps and threads, mine (in signature) got taken off the front page... :'(

Well that's fine, unless someone really has a good system for the barricade system for the zombies. I already have a working random box (thanks to RivalMass) so all I need is the windows done, then I can get my map going.

11. Cortez14

Cortez14 Ancient

12. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

Update; There is new DLC coming to COD 5; this being 3 multiplayer maps, and one **** Zombie map. This (NZ map) is going to be based on 'asylum' for future reference, and the one main thing we find difficult on this map, is the 'perka cola machine' (slight fallout 3 egg) and all of this is highly up for debate. Source; Call of Duty: World at War map pack coming in March - Joystiq Thanks for support, all. By the way, release is in March 09.

#72 Camel Carcass, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  13. ForgeGod117

ForgeGod117 Ancient

Here is something I have recently thought up:

You could randomize the weapons that spawn in your random weapon box. this way it would seem more realistic. To do this we would need to follow ANZ's randomization guide.

Outcome: Some times a fuel rod gun would spawn by a sniper. Next round you would have a beam rifle and a brute shot. This results in more exciting mixed up gameplay.

14. skulltooth

skulltooth Ancient

I didn't see that somebody already uploaded a **** Zombie map and game variant on here D:. I wanted to be the first lol.

Oh well I saw this post and decided to make it, here it is:
    **** Zombies V.1 by Skulltooth

-skulltooth.

15. Star iz Legiit

Star iz Legiit Ancient

Well I am glad someone finally made a **** zombie map on here, people have been talking about it for a couple of months,so good job man on finally making one.

16. Master Debayter

Master Debayter Ancient

Yeah, people have been talking about my map that I'm currently working on. It's simply because I'm trying to make mine to scale with the actual map and I have a working random box. To the best of my knowledge, it's the only working one. :happy: I'll make sure to tell you guys how it works, in the map post in late February/early March.

17. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

Is it alright if, as a group, we try to decide a wave feature between us to finalise, because i'm pretty confused as to what methods people are using. Thanks.

Oh, and if anyone has any maps based on asylum, that'll help towards the next map on **** zombies.

And another idea for later maps; if budget is sufficient on some mythic map (DLC) maps, maybe we can generate some left for dead remakes..?
    Keep it up!

#77 Camel Carcass, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  18. TeapotKing

TeapotKing Ancient

you really need 4 humans, 8 zombies, and i have a good idea for how to do a random weapon box. i'm gonna try to make a **** zombies map and gametype that actually has unblocking the stairs, opening the Help room, and a working mystery box. i'll post it when i'm done.

19. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

Alright cool; keep us posted.
    If anyone else wants to demonstrate their switches and methods, that'd be great.
    Cheers.

Update; if anyone wants to wait for the mythic map pack for sandbox, joystiq have revealed that it is available in march, assuming you're not forking out money for halo wars CE. Their mythic map pack HD preview can be found here; http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/20/video-halo-3-mythic-map-pack-preview-now-in-hd/
    Also, i have played another **** zombie map with a couple of freinds; it was really good, but the flaws i can think of are the no random weapon box, zombies can get in and out really easily, and humans can escape and have infinite ammo, which i don't think that they should be allowed, but the timed switches were really good, and considering none of us escaped, to show fair gameplay,there isn't anywhere you can really camp and be invincible, as the entrances were carefully placed. I'll try to remember who made it and give them credits for it, because it as a lot of fun. It doesn't help i played the latest featured infection map and gametype, which was unbelievable, so the NZ map was somewhat undermimed. Yet, no flaming it was the best i've played so far, and kudos to the soon-to-be-named person.

#79 Camel Carcass, Feb 17, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  20. spazmonkey92

spazmonkey92 Ancient

well ive just made a **** zombie map with my friend,

i used the switch sliding door to get to the next room and blockages of movebale objects on the stairs, e,g dumpster and cannon man.

the weapons crate i just pliled a load on a table in the same spot, then you press RB and hope, you dont want to spend to long there or else zombies will get u.

heres my new **** zombie map if any1 wants a looky.
    http://www.forgehub.com/forum/casual-maps/61387-****-zombies-nacht-der-untoten.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.