Zombie Path

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by patrickcanttype, Sep 6, 2010.

1. patrickcanttype

patrickcanttype Forerunner

Zombie Path
    Created by patrickcanttype

Now I know what you're thinking. "Patrickcanttype, there are a million linear zombie maps. What makes this stand out?"
    Well, good question. The biggest thing is that this zombie map has NO CAMPING. That's right. It's basically impossible to successfully camp this map. It also has a nice way for zombies to move around, and actually uses basic infection structure (no unlimited ammo, zombies aren't slow an mega powerfull, ect.)

Onto the map.

In this exciting encounter, you will be faced with a task. Humans must learn to use teamwork very quickly, or they'll see their numbers drop to zero. Zombies must break up the group using different techniques. Some zombies might go behind the humans while others attack from the side and a third group attacks from the front.

Humans are equiped with Assault rifles and magnums, along with anything else they pick up. They do an increased 200% damage, but their ammo will run out faster than they think.

Zombies have their trusty energy swords, and are running at 200% speed. While they're zooming along the path, they'll have 90% damage resistance and normal shields. Their shields also recharge so humans will have to be careful emptying lead into zombies if they can just run behind cover. Zombies also have a nice transportation system throughout the path. They can enter many areas using the stairs on the exterior, and they have a teleporter that will take them right into the heart of the action.

Humans move on this linear path, defending themselves from the infected foes coming from all sides. As they fight for their lives, they'll find weapons and grenades laying on the path to keep themselves alive.

Humans start in their tunnel, and make their way up to a hallway. After they've made their way through the hallway, they'll enter a more open area with plenty of cover. At the end of this area, they'll find a cage where they must defend themselves. It looks like the end of tunnel for the humans. That is, until a ramp appears and allows the humans to move to the final area. They can go off the path to grab a shotgun and some grenades, or they can go straight for the final area. This area will let them defend themselves from zombies, which can only attack from one direction.

Here's the basic idea for anyone who doesn't like to read:
    -Zombies have 90% DR, normal shields, 200% speed
    -Humans have 200% damage
    -Humans must make their way to the end of the path if they want to survive.
    -There's no way to camp this map

Now for the pictures that everyone skipped to.

Humans exiting their tunnel

[​IMG]

The fight starts right away
    [​IMG]

Through the hallway

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We'll defend ourselves here.

[​IMG]

Until we can move on.

[​IMG]

"Freeze zombie scum"

[​IMG]

Download the Map here
    You'll need the gametype too

#1 patrickcanttype, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  2. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

We tested this yesterday. It played very well, and it was very fun and well set out. The only thing I didn't like was some of the forging. I think some of it could of been neater, but it still played great and that made up for it.

As for the post: I think you should change the text color to the normal/default one. I can barely read the black text because I am using the Reach Dark skin. Also, remove the white and yellow. It stands out too much and it really distracted me.

3. Hogframe

Hogframe Ancient

I remember testing this with you, and I pretty much have to say the same things as MLG Flashpoint. One other detail that he probably should have touched on is Zombie movement. Not the sttings, neccesarily, but rather how the map itself challenges Zombies to find the Humans. You spawn in an open area, and have to get onto the roof of the Tunnels. Now, the roof is crappi- err, not merged as well as it could be, so it becomes hard to find the faraway holes that take you to the Humans.

Anyways, congrats on the map Pat.
    Cheers,
    HarisSales.​

4. Kyler

Kyler Forerunner

Tested. All I have to say is that you could've really put a lot more effort into this. The gameplay is alright, but it could definitely use a touch up on aesthetics. Not to mention length. I'm sure you had enough budget to make this larger and more interesting. Anyways, I'm sure this was just for shits n' giggles, and for that, I congratulate you.

5. Hat

Hat Guest

I was forging with him and giving him some advice on how to end the map, but he didn't have enough budget because he just used a regular blank canvas. The length would've been shorter if he made it look amazing because of budget.

6. patrickcanttype

@Dr Killmore
    I was out of budget and also out of all blocks and walls except for a few fence walls. If I had more objects and budget, I probably would have made the map longer.

7. Infection

Infection Forerunner

yeah, I like making maps where humans have to go somewhere and do something other than, just camping and killing where it gets pretty boring. You should see my map sometime.

#7 Infection, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  8. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

You say the map is "un-campable", so why is it that everytime I've played on it, someone sits at the back of that first tunnel and is unkillable? I'm pretty sure I just played the most recent version with you and people could still do it. Other than that problem, it was pretty fun.

9. Hat

Hat Guest

He fixed it by putting a shield door and grav lift at the back, if you have one zombie go through the front and one through the back then that camper should be dead.

10. patrickcanttype

The version put in the testers guild is not the final version. Most (if not all) of those problems have been fixed.