Sandbox Zevox

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by last_chaos_7, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Fiatluxmortem94

Fiatluxmortem94 Ancient

Excellent track, my friend. Excellent. I like your innovation and I am definitly going to have to try this gametype of yours! Excellent job, keep up the excellent work!

2. last_chaos_7

last_chaos_7 Ancient

well thank you. Yes try it with the gametype the gameplay is a little different with it than battletracks. Also try and cheat and see what happens. It's a cool death barrier in between the sky bubble and the main floor...

3. Zorro

Zorro Ancient

Wow this map is amazing! All the turns look perfect and they are super smooth! Jumps are soo much fun and you're like the first i've seen to use one in a good racetrack! The only thing I could see is the last turn could be a little more interlocked. Great map 4.9/5

4. last_chaos_7

last_chaos_7 Ancient

I would have interlocked the last turn more but I ran out of money lol. Also I love jumps too but most of them don't work well or at all, that is why I made this one becuase it works well and is fun!

5. SWEETbabyJEEZUS

SWEETbabyJEEZUS Ancient

I like the map, looks pretty smooth and looks like it has a sharp turn or two.

Nice Job :)

6. last_chaos_7

last_chaos_7 Ancient

there aren't really any sharp turns in it I would say but the drift turn could be counted as a sharp turn if you wanted to because the funnest way to take it is to just cut inside and slide into the finish lol.

7. Hope4all

Hope4all Ancient

wow I love this map... It is actually something different from bank after bank. I like this and blackheart the same just becuase this is different and alot of fun while blackheart has amazing forging

8. Blazeinator

Blazeinator Ancient

I like the map, the jump is good and the layout is smooth. For the map I give it a 5/5. But I'm not completely satisfied, though it is not that your map has any fault. (Don't worry, I'm telling this to all race track makers that look competent, consider this a compliment). I am starting to get a little bored of the racemaps these days, they're all the same with the big banked corners. Sure they're smooth, but I want to see sandbox pushed to its limits. Lets see some full helix's, maybe a corkscrew, some epic jumps; use your imagination. We have prefected the banked corners, now lets move on to bigger and better things. That is my challenge to you and all other race track creaters who see this (I'd do it myself but I have no forging skill whatsoever, nor the time to do it) Whether or not you take my advice I wish you good luck for future forging projects and I will still DL this. Cheers

#28 Blazeinator, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  9. d34th bunni

d34th bunni Ancient

You have a good point on there and I bet they already know this... Here is the thing with this though... It is really hard to come up with something new now that is fun, new, and double wide and works well... I love the jump in this map becuase I haven't seen it done... mabey but areas of just going straight and mabey a double wide banked tunnel or something, instead of just bank after bank

10. last_chaos_7

last_chaos_7 Ancient

Yeah... looking at all that now everything is starting to become more and more the same types of maps... the new thing now is drift turns and jumps but soon they will get old and then people are going to want someone to make a perfect double wide loop that works every time which is impossible lol. If someone makes one I will be amazed and will bow down to them lol. I don't have the patients to try it though.

I think the map me and Konakid are making now is going to be half new stuff and it has some pretty sweet drift turns in it. Although now we are running into the item problem/ money problem... were going to have to think of something lol

11. Dylan1kenobi

Dylan1kenobi Ancient

I like this map. Very well done. I especially like how smoothly that jump works. I like maps with jumps, just as long as they work smoothly in the map.

4.7/5 (something seems missing. I don't feel right about giving the full 5 yet)

12. Confused Grunt

Confused Grunt Ancient

This map looks really smooth. I will definitely DL and race with my friends. Good job, looking forward to more racetracks from you in the future.