Zeitgeist

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by RAYZOR 1987, Dec 20, 2010.

1. RAYZOR 1987

RAYZOR 1987 Ancient

Zeitgeist: the spirit of the time; the spirit characteristic of an age or generation

It has been about a month since i could get back to re-editing my post to make pictures larger but all is well for reason being that the map that some you have once seen has taken some major alterations since

[​IMG]

this map was inspired by modern contemporary art. to some who traverse through it might feel as though they are in some kind of dream while others might feel as though they are in some sort of art museum.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can not really express to you what was going through my head when constructing this concept, but what i can tell you is that there was no symmetrical goal to this what so ever.

blue's side
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

red's side

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

everything you have seen above is pretty much in sequencial order from blue to red, all the way around, top to bottom.

weapon locations are as follows. NOTE: THIS IS A ASYMMETRICAL UPHILL LAYOUT, THE DIRECTION NORTH IS FACING UPHILL.

DMR's (4) 2 spare clips. spawn 30 seconds.
    AR's (5) 2 spare clips. spawn 30 seconds.
    Sniper rifle (2) 1 spare clip each. spawn 120 seconds. north east corner, and
    south west stage
    Shotgun (1) 1 spare clip. spawn 120 seconds. located in bottom center facing
    lower room entrance
    Rocket launcher (1) 1 spare clips. spawn 180 seconds. top center
    Needler (2) 1 spare clip. spawn 60 seconds. 1 in lower back corner room. and
    1 on south section upper back corner.
    Grenade launcher (2) 5 spare clips. spawn 160 seconds. 1 located east and the
    other west; Both on map floor

of coarse health packs are esential in Reach and they are conveniently located. One directly centered in the middle back wall on blue's side. one in the central room west wall. One on the north pillar on third floor. One mid-floor east ramp. Last one back south corner wall before heading on the balcony.

this is it for its second edit. hope you enjoy my art and map. Hope to hear more suggestions and opinions soon. thank you for your time

#1 RAYZOR 1987, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  2. RePLiiiCaTe

RePLiiiCaTe Forerunner

Lol on the link fail xD All you have to do is click the "Insert Link" button near the text options when you are creating your post, and paste the bnet link in the dialog box that pops up.

I have to say though, I am suprised that no one has replied yet on a map that looks so stunning... I have been looking at forgehub maps since 2008, and I have never seen such interesting angles at which your walls sit. The pictures made me feel as if I was some kind of dream where the walls are all distorted and what-not. I will download and test for gameplay, but it looks good so far!

3. Felshot

Felshot Ancient

Not unlike... INCEPTION?
    Anyways... The pictures are small, but very telling. Please fix the link so we may splendor in the optical galour of your map.

4. RAYZOR 1987

RAYZOR 1987 Ancient

thank you for the positive feed back! I hope the recent resizing of the pictures helps. is there a suggested site to make them larger?

5. anime halo

anime halo Forerunner

I can barely see the map becasue the pics are so small...but when lookin at your description of the map I saw the weapons list which seemed too overpowered...

6. BrokenEye

BrokenEye Forerunner

I've always preferred the literal translation of zeitgeist: "Time Ghost"

It's like a more awesome version of Space Ghost, except German

7. RAYZOR 1987

RAYZOR 1987 Ancient

hahaha time ghost! i guess you can put it that way! here are the new inlarged pictures!

8. RAYZOR 1987

RAYZOR 1987 Ancient

I wish The Master Chief Collection had ways of altering object textures. I want to bring this map back with out the look of concrete and metal