Foundry Z4nity/ProP3l/Azure A3rospace/AmnE2ia

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by JJ3672, Jan 13, 2012.

1. JJ3672

JJ3672 Ancient

Quick intro:

I was once somewhat active on these forums, mostly around when I joined in early 2008 and the year following. I posted a bunch of Halo 3 maps that were generally well-liked by the community, and most of my later maps were reversions of earlier maps which underwent major overhauls. It was when I had just finished forging (and mostly testing) what I believed to be the final versions of 4 of these maps that I left home for college. At this point, I became preoccupied with so many other things and completely forgot about the maps I hadn't posted.

Over the first winter break, it did cross my mind that I shouldn't just have all the time I spent creating these maps go to waste. So I spent a decent amount of time gathering screenshots, writing a detailed description, and styling a title image to eventually post AmnE2ia. However, I didn't feel like going through the same tedious process for the other three maps, so I again forgot about all of it and went back to college life.

2 years later, all of this crossed my mind again as I was sitting at home with the flu and quite frankly didn't have anything better to think about. So I decided that I will finally post these maps so I can say that my time wasn't completely wasted. No fancy formatting, no screenshots, no title pictures, just a video and short description for each map. Not to be a douchebag about it or anything, but these maps are all quite good by Halo 3 standards. All took many hours to perfect, and all have been tested for playability and breakability. Enjoy.

Z4nity

[bungievid]104403065[/bungievid]

Link to video

Z4nity (Sanity) is the 4th revision of my original map titled 'Zeta'. It is an asymmetrical medium-sized map constructed in the main area of Foundry. Many unique structures and interesting angles give it a one-of-a-kind playstyle. Set up for all gametypes, 2-8 players recommended.

Download Z4nity!

ProP3l

[bungievid]104403167[/bungievid]

Link to video

ProP3l (Propel) is the 3rd revision of my original map titled 'Propulsion'. It is a small, symmetrical map that is completely enclosed within its own boundaries (i.e. does not use the Foundry boundaries at all). Gameplay is fast-paced, and the signature features are tubes at either end that occasionally propel soccer balls that may damage or kill unsuspecting players. This may sound gimmicky, but it integrates well and is not a major factor. Set up for all gametypes, 2-5 players recommended.

Download ProP3l!

Azure A3rospace

[bungievid]104400271[/bungievid]

Link to video

Azure A3rospace (Azure Aerospace) is the 3rd revision of my original map titled 'Azure Trail'. It is a symmetrical medium-sized map built floating high above Sandbox that features two large 'bases' (one for each team) and a few interesting ways between them. The signature feature is a road of shield doors that can be traversed only by Ghosts for quick inter-base travel. Set up for all gametypes (although team games are recommended), 4-8 players recommended.

Download Azure A3rospace!

AmnE2ia

[bungievid]104401475[/bungievid]

Link to video

AmnE2ia (Amnesia) is the 2nd revision of my original map titled 'Enigma'. I posted it about 2 years ago, but it belongs with the rest of these so I'll include it here as well. It is a symmetrical, medium-sized map built in the mostly underutilized back section of Foundry. Quirky weapon selection/location and a direction of play that rotates 90 degrees when changing from symmetric to asymmetric gametypes make for a unique style of gameplay. Set up for all gametypes, 4-8 players recommended.

Download AmnE2ia!

Link to my FileShare

Quick FAQ:

Q: 'You know nobody cares about Halo 3 maps anymore, right?'

A: Yes I know that the vast majority of people have moved on to Reach. But there's probably still a few who play H3 customs. Besides, this is mainly for self-gratification anyway, so **** off.

Q: 'You should fix [this minor issue] in [this map].'

A: I do not plan on doing anything further with the maps I just posted, they are absolutely final. To be honest, I don't even have a Halo 3 disk anymore.

Q: 'These look great, but you should port them over to Reach to gain a larger audience.'

A: I'd love to have the free time to do, but as a third-year college student working part-time in software development and involved in a fraternity, I quite simply don't. If anyone wants to use ideas from these maps (or the maps themselves) in Reach, go right ahead.

Also, this is both my first post in 2 years and likely my last on Forgehub. Thanks for being a great community back when I was active (~3 years ago).

Cheers.

#1 JJ3672, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  2. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

Change the name please. Its confusing and gave me brain tumors.
    Instead of putting everyname of the maps in the title. Give it a name for a map pack

#2 RoboArtist, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012