Yoink v2

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by SuperbKaji, Sep 18, 2010.

1. SuperbKaji

SuperbKaji Forerunner

Yoink v2 (Requesting feedback!)

Rendered walkthrough video: Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

[​IMG]

v2 at: Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

Gametypes
    Oddball
    Capture the Flag
    King of the Hill
    Slayer (Team and FFA)

(We are open to name changes)

Yoink is a map On1y On3 and I have been working on for quite sometime now. We come to forgehub hoping we will get some insight on to how to improve our map.

Any and all criticism will not be taking lightly, for we are looking to vastly improve our forging, so please, check out the map and the screenshots, I will have videos and walkthroughs up shortly.

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

v2 Added:
    KotH Support
    CTF Support
    Oddball Support
    Updated Spawns
    Updated Weapons

#1 SuperbKaji, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2010
  2. Hogframe

Hogframe Ancient

Could you provide some description of your map? I feel lost. I don't know what Gametypes you've set it up to play, I don't know what or where the bases, weapons, etc. are. If you wouldn't mind, a Weapon's List and small descriptions of the general layout/specific areas of the map might make me, and several others, more willing to download.

Another little tip: Try to have all these things on your thread as soon as it's posted. Most people only use the "New Maps" thing on the left of the Home menu, so by the time you re-edit your post, it might be too late for anyone to see it. Anyways, congrarts on what appears to be an excellent map.

Cheers,
    HarisSales.

3. SuperbKaji

SuperbKaji Forerunner

I was attempting to do an overview shot of the map, but I'm not sure exactly how to do that, could you assist in anyway? The map is currently only setup for Red/Blue Team Slayer, I'm going to set it up for other gametypes in the next update.

Essentially Yoink is a Beaver Creek inspired map, with two opposite bases and an obstacle in the middle. There are two sniper towers which can be accessed by teleporters and nothing else, also a "god mode" tower that essentially overlooks the entire map. Hopefully I will have a walkthrough or an overview map soon.

4. SuperbKaji

SuperbKaji Forerunner

Updated! Please check out the new version, and give feedback! Thanks!

5. Szorvex Co

Szorvex Co Ancient

Though your structures look good I do not hve to play this map to know the gameplay is poor. Probably the biggest factor in making a map with good gameplay is considering how the player will move around the map, and balancing each area with its own advantages and disadvantages.

For example the sniper nest has ample cover, is hard to grenade, is hard to approach, and can be escaped quickly via the man cannon. Compare that to the flat, open areas, and the problems become apparent.