Wookie

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Docter Jimmy, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Docter Jimmy

Docter Jimmy Ancient

[​IMG]

Wookie is a territories/One-Flag map based on "Kashyyyk: Docks" from Star Wars Battlefront (which is how I got the name). Ever since Forge World was announced I've wanted to make this map - it was almost impossible to make any Battlefront maps in Halo 3 because they're so big, but thanks to Forge World I could finally do it. It's obviously still scaled down from the original, and there are some other slight changes made mostly because Halo plays very differently from Battlefront, but I really tried my best to make this map retain the same feel that Docks had.

[​IMG]

There are 5 territories total (marked on the above picture), as opposed to Battlefront's 7 command posts since the limit for territories in Reach is 5. Also unlike Battlefront, the blue team starts off attacking while the red team starts defending. This was mostly done to maintain balance - territory 1 is obviously much closer to the Red Team's spawns than the Blue Team's, so it would be a little unfair if all territories started off neutral.

Red team spawns on the bottom inside the building, blue team spawns at the top on the coliseum wall island. And yes, you can walk on the water, there's a grid underneath.

Red Team Vehicles and Weapons
    1x Warthog
    2x Mongoose
    1x Revenant (spawns 90 seconds in)

1x Spartan Laser (spawns 120 seconds in, located in small building to the right in above pic)

Blue Team Vehicles and Weapons
    1x Warthog
    2x Mongoose
    1x Revenant (spawns 90 seconds in)
    1x Scorpion (spawns 120 seconds in)

Neutral Vehicles and Weapons
    2x Ghost (spawn in middle of docks, 60 seconds in)
    2x Shade Turret (on platforms to the left and right)
    2x Sniper Rifle (at territories 2 and 3, 50 seconds in)

Loadouts

Corpsman
    Primary Weapon: DMR
    Secondary Weapon: Magnum
    Equipment: Sprint

Air Assault
    Primary Weapon: Assault Rifle
    Equipment: Jetpack

Medic
    Primary Weapon: Assault Rifle
    Equipment: Drop Shield

Action shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And that's Wookie. The recommended game type, "Battlefront," is provided, but it should work with all territories game types and is designed to work with One-Flag CTF. Also, the version available for download is slightly updated from what is show in the screen shots, but the difference is negligible.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated - particularly on issues regarding balance and playability. If you have any suggestions, I'll look into them and try my best to fix any problems you may come across.

#1 Docter Jimmy, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  2. skywing94

skywing94 Ancient

I just got the chance to try the map with some friends, and it plays very smoothly. You did a great job with the aesthetics of the map as well. It was probably pretty hard to port a map from a game that plays completely differently from halo and to still get the feel of it so well.

3. darklink123

darklink123 Ancient

I absolutely loved Battlefront 1 and still play it from time to time, and while I haven't had a chance to test the map yet, it looks like you pulled off a remake that still works very well. Good job.