Foundry Wishbone

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by DeathToll77, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Cryptokid

Cryptokid Ancient

Amazing map Death! I give game play 5/5 for sure! Testing this was amazing! (lol Sotha babbling random stuff about you) I had so much fun even when it lagged (thankfully not because of the map) The structures also help the game play flow very nicely. I love that little ledge over by the single box open over at mongoose spawn. Lol I remember this one guy hiding there in CTF then as soon as the entire red team respawned and walked away he just jumped down and grabbed the flag lol. Anyways great map Death over all 5/5. Reminds me of Gridlocked. Hope to see it featured!

I can has front page testing credit? GT: Cryptokid
    lol I was there testing

#41 Cryptokid, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  2. Ja Red is Ninja

Ja Red is Ninja Ancient

I have yet to play this map. When we were going to hand off the party leader to you and test, you left :(

It still looks great and I'll be downloading it so I can finally play it.

3. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Okay, I dont know what you mean here, but it sounds like you are saying that you thought of and put that double wall there. You didnt though. Right before Deathtoll and I finished this map, he asked me about covering the line of sight from one side to the other side of the walkway. So I geomerged that double wall up there and he play tested it a few more times. Within 2 hours of that merge, the map was posted. Maybe I read that wrong but thats how it came off to me.

4. DeathToll77

DeathToll77 Gone For Sec

Zombie, he is the one that came up with the idea of blocking the vision there, that's what he meant. I liked the idea then I ran it by you and you did it. Just a little misunderstanding.

#44 DeathToll77, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  5. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Nah, its cool. I didnt mean anything wrong by it and I didnt even know that was gibber. Stupid of me since he said Gibbaaarrrrrrrr at the end of his post. But I already apolagized to him and thanks alot for the idea Gibber, that truly helped the gameplay and in my opinion, looks better too.

Oh yeah, Deathtoll, you spelled my name wrong in the tags, its zombievillan.

6. Rho Fs

Rho Fs 2x2 Forge Judge

If i were Italian, i would go "pmwah" and kiss my fingers agressively but since im a gaming american ima have to say pwnage. Thats it. no more needs saying

7. DeathToll77

DeathToll77 Gone For Sec

Screw you and your spelling fail buddy :) I'll fix it though
    It's a good thing that I am Italian then, MWAHHH

Don't worry just send me an invite and I will play it with you. I had to go do this thing for Easter.

#47 DeathToll77, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  8. Plasma Napkin

Plasma Napkin Ancient

Spelling? Seriously, why does this not deserve a 5/5? Oh, you wrote something:

spelling again? anyways, I never noticed any problems about the framerate. Sometimes my xobox freezes for a second, but on every map, no matter what map I am playing on. This does not seem to be the map's problem, just your xbox's problem. This is no reaso to rate the map worse. Sounds a bit like the people who write a comment like: Looks really nice, awesome forging, but I will give it a 2/5 because I do not like racing maps.
    And if you want to be taken more seriously, please, check your spelling.

#48 Plasma Napkin, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  9. R0FLninja

R0FLninja Ancient

This is the greatest map on foundry I have ever seen, it uses all of foundry, and maintains a cool, unique map layout, the merging and aesthetics are flawless, and its unique buildings and structures, for example the camo structure, are really cool. I dont think the 2 ghosts will have a bad effect on the gameplay, as the weapons list seems to look to be partialy designed around defending the two ghosts.

feature nao!!! 500/5 lol

10. X1BLACKOUT1X

X1BLACKOUT1X Ancient

I'm going to be very frank this map is definitively not my style. I played some games on it and the only reason I didn't quit was because we were going to be doing other games afterwards and it was a really big game.

11. R0FLninja

R0FLninja Ancient

and why was it not ur style?

lol i guess i should leave that up to zombievillain or deathtoll to ask, is it the ghosts?

12. DeathToll77

DeathToll77 Gone For Sec

That's cool, an explanation would be good though. Not only will you look more professional when leaving a comment. It will help me make my maps better in the future.

13. X1BLACKOUT1X

X1BLACKOUT1X Ancient

That's the thing, I don't know why I didn't like it. I think it might be the middle area of the map (with the gravity lifts). The way I viewed it was that I could go around the middle and die or go into the middle and die or make an escape and die. I guess that could be summed up to there not being enough pathways to take to get to the other base and having the gravity block off the only other entry way to the other side of the map, really shrunk it down to one access point to the other side. I've thought about it long and hard and I guess that's why I didn't like it. Hope this helped.

14. DeathToll77

DeathToll77 Gone For Sec

Alright I guess that's better than what you ahd before. I see what you mean, but that style was somewhat intentional. But no worries at least you did'nt flame the map and say it sucked. You said it was'nt your style which is fine, Bravo

15. XxSpix

XxSpix Ancient

I played this on TGIF last week and it was AMAZING!
    I love the gameplay so much!
    It flows almost perfectly and the ghost allows power, but the narrow/broadness/upness? allows protection!
    10/10

16. DeathToll77

DeathToll77 Gone For Sec

Could you explain what you mean by this? I don't understand

17. Enslaved bunny

Enslaved bunny Ancient

You got some crazy skills in those fingers of yours. Wow this map is amazing. I downloaded it on monitor built. I really like the way you used those one way sheild doors Idea. The whole layout of the map is just mind blowing. I think you did a very good job of putting the avalanch feel into the map. Your merges are very similar, and neat on each side. I also love the base designs. 5/5

18. l PATRICK l

l PATRICK l Ancient

very interesting map, i love the camo hut, which is perfectly aligned. also the transition from bridge to wall interlocking which takes much skill and time to create a bump-less path. I honestly have no problems i will contact you if i do.

19. Benzu Akamaru

Benzu Akamaru Ancient

This map is incredible. Very innovative, it's unique and even though it's budget glitched I'm surprised you could fit all these objects into a map. There's proper use of vehicles, and there's proper usage of weapons. A little overkill on the pics though, huh? 5/5