Why PhotoBucket Sucks

Discussion in 'Screenshot Discussion' started by LieutenantLambo, Jul 16, 2010.

1. LieutenantLambo

LieutenantLambo Forerunner

I'm tired of people being linked to an outdated tutorial thread that gives them bad pictures. Photobucket is one of the most horrible image hosters out there. You are forced to make an account revealing your personal information, are constantly bugged about how you have no good features compared to having a "Pro" account, and a generally bad interface. These are just a small amount of inconveniences that Photobucket has. Imageshack, however, has none of these problems.

Even pictures themselves look small and low-quality on Photobucket. Yep, that's right, ImageShack has better pictures. Don't believe me? Look at the pictures below! The Assault Rifle, the characters, and the lights on the wall show the most difference:

[mouseoverimage=http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3483/imageshackit.png]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad114/Test123928/photobucket.png?t=1279267660[/mouseoverimage]

This is the original picture: Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

And here are Imageshack and Photobucket's pictures. Both pictures are completely unedited. Look at the sizes of the pictures. Imageshack did not resize the pictures at all while Photobucket cut it almost completely in half (I had to resize Imageshack's picture for the one above, it was too big compared to Photobucket):

Imageshack:

[​IMG]

Photobucket:

[​IMG]

I hope that this helps in showing you just how much Photobucket sucks and why Imageshack is the best image hoster out there.

~LieutenantLambo

#1 LieutenantLambo, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  2. Sgt Surchin

Indeed, imageshack is awesome, but for some reason it hasn't been working for me lately. Every time i hit the upload button, it just re-loads the page. That my friend is a WTF moment.

#2 Sgt Surchin, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  3. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

Imageshack is better, but it seems to be inconsistent. I can think of multiple occasions that I was unable to access my things.

Although photobucket does have a terrrrrible interface.
    *Makes weighing gesture with hands*

4. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

Ohh ****, I had 3 noxys on page load (Dun lol if it's supposed to happen :p)

Yeah I don't even use imageshack or photobucket, they are both crap IMO. I just use tinypic.com, you just upload and it gives you a direct link or a link with the IMG tag already attached. Quickest uploader I have found..

5. LD

LD Ancient

[​IMG]

a new challenger appears!

tinypic is the most reliable and the quikest way to upload in my opinion

ninjaedit: and in b3nws opinion

6. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

Nice ninja edit! :3

But yeah, all the points you picked are true.

For some reason the site only loads in french for me now even though I have cleared my cookies :/ It's not IP based either because my IP changed when my ISP fiddled my connection.

7. LieutenantLambo

Yea, I'd have to say that TinyPic is definitely the best image hoster, even though I, LD, have probably not even used Imageshack as I am not aware of the fact that ImageShack also has the direct link with tags. I shall now procede to show you in a variety of pictures how TinyPic is better:

[IMG]http://tinypic.com/images/404.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oops!

#7 LieutenantLambo, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  8. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

1: wrong forum. It might be halo 3 images, but this thread's purpose has nothing to do with the halo images that you posted...

2: Photobucket's screenshot has a slight lack in color, but it is incredibly unnoticeable and can be changed with the editor... Plus Imageshack is only incredibly slow...

3: nice use of bashing Tinypic. I like the way that you removed one image and pasted that same image a bunch of times... :

(Removed IMG tags)

#8 Loscocco, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  9. LD

LD Ancient

xD

I never had problems with Tinypic, I had quite a few problems with Imageshack, I hate Photobucket, so my personal choice is obvious I think. But my does that matter anyway? I've never been in a thread and thought "Eww, he used Photobucket!"

10. blassin

blassin Ancient

LD,

Definitely have to agree with you here. No one ever has noticed or cared what internet photo browser you use. For instance, most of you guys say photobucket is terrible and I agree on the quality thing, but how many people here actually look at that when viewing a thread. I mean, I started using photobucket when I was thirteen and have used it and relied on it for many years. I'm eighteen now and never had a problem with it. So in reality the most important thing is that every post/thread has properly embedded pictures.

[​IMG]
    Smiling Frog! YAYYYYY!
    I always imagine this picture when I see this emoticon :D

11. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

Same, I've used it for 5 years and never had an image removed (No jks :p)

12. Korlash

Korlash Remember Isao
    Forge Critic Senior Member

its not a big deal, photobucket is fine to me

in my opinion, its pretty retarded having to scroll to the right to see the rest of the screenshot cause of the "incredible" imageshack picture size

13. Kung Fu Jesus

Kung Fu Jesus Forerunner

Tinypic is where it's at.

14. LieutenantLambo

You do realize you can set the size of the pictures in your options, right?

Fail.

15. Korlash

Korlash Remember Isao

Why do queers say this? really...

if people can change the picture sizes, then how come i still see screenshots that are way too big?

huhuh "FAIL," god that was funny

16. LieutenantLambo

Once again, you have the option to set the maximum dimensions. You either didn't do it right or ForgeHub is having problems (Probably the former).

Fail - to fall short of success or achievement in something expected, attempted, desired, or approved: The experiment failed because of poor planning.

17. Korlash

Korlash Remember Isao

Well sorry, i didn't know that you meant changing the dimensions on forgehub, i thought you meant on imageshack, i'll look into that.

btw, u "failed" at backing up your fail statement. I mean, if i actually didn't know what fail meant, it would've been good, but gosh you fell short of success or achievement of you expecting me to not know what fail means

Edit: and one more thing, there's nothing wrong with photobucket. If you have trouble looking at my map pics cause they are "low quality," then im sorry.

but nice thread, i had fun

#17 Korlash, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  18. Rickles

Rickles Ancient

That's your fault, it's a setting that you have to change in Photobucket. You can choose to keep the original size, or resize it.

19. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

No you acted as if Fail was a reply someone would use if they were, lets say.. Mentally challenged. He was just showing you it is in the dictionary and that you just made a total **** of yourself. SRSLY, GTFO :)

@The resize feature, why would you want to do that? If I upload a picture, it's obvious I have set it to the according dimensions, maybe they should have the feature but not implement it automaticly. I think they should also add an EXIF reader so you can have settings which will check the EXIF to see where the image came from and for eg. If it was photoshop, it would not resize it. If it was from a camera, it would resize it.

20. Mister man 1217

Mister man 1217 Forerunner

I do not have any problem about Photobucket nor do I care, I only use it to post screenshots of my Forged Maps.