Why is infection so popular in custom games and forge?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by HumBoys, Apr 24, 2008.

1. hobblejp

hobblejp Ancient

or do as Ive done before give one zombie a rocket launcher boy that annoyed a few people in vehicles

2. Willmatic

Willmatic Ancient

maybe not ALL zombie, maybe just the alpha. or alpha has plasma pistol/grav hammer to be a special zombie

3. DRO Maelstrom

DRO Maelstrom Ancient

Another thing is that the people who have forged infection maps (most of the halo crowd), have never really tried to make it original, but they want to make it fun for the majority (aka, the zombie quits from frustration).

I'm glad if I can find a good infection map but am annoyed at how few people want to play it (aside from people at fh).

4. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Ancient

I like infection, but only because I like it when I'm fighting for my life. Save One Bullet is probably my favorite gametype. Limited ammo and good places to hide. Although I believe your right in not being able to create a good Infection map. I would try, but it would probably be something ridiculous and one sided. I still might try though...

5. JaceMc

JaceMc Ancient

Way to stereotype there. You quoted his post, but then you go off saying something unrelated.

6. Azrius

Azrius Ancient

Why do so many people like infection? It's simply a fun gametype to play. I admit, there are a lot of pretty stupid games out there, and all the immature kids DO get annoying, but if you can find a decent, balanced infection game and map variant, as well as tolerable people to play it with, it's actually quite enjoyable.

7. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

thats just it IF you can find a decent game, that is really rare to find.

8. Azrius

Azrius Ancient

You should add me to your friends on live. I have a "no idiots allowed" policy in my games; that is, if someone annoys me with a shrill glass-shattering preteen voice, or just acts like an all around heel, I boot them. No second chances, no questions asked.

So usually, when I'm playing a custom game, it's a safe bet that it's both a fun game, and mostly numbskull-free.

9. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

what about if i play my guitar between games?

and i have honestly NEVER played a decent zombie game.

10. Azrius

Azrius Ancient

Eh, so long as your playing doesn't resemble someone torturing a housecat, that probably wouldn't be a huge problem.

This may be rather cliche, but I sometimes find that it's a nice twist to make normal players unable to kill the alpha zombie, but enable the last man standing to do so. That also encourages the weaker zombies to use co-ordination and teamwork to bring it down.

Of course, I am also partial to an invincible alpha zombie. That discourages campers, because it's never nice to have something you can't kill bearing down on you and being unable to escape it.

I also try to design any custom maps so that they'll be fair and balanced. I suppose how 'good' a zombie game is also depends largely on the group of people you play it with.

11. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

i don't see how that is cliche, it is a valid way to make zombie maps and so far the best infection game i have played was with those settings.
    and my guitar doesn't sound like a screeching cat, it sounds amazing.

12. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

It wasnt unrelated i needed a segway to link to my old rant.This thread has been done many time and i didnt feel like writing my little rant all over again.He said getting rushed by the zombies was fun but i pointed out 9/10 the gametype is ridiculously in the humans favor(or else the zombies are incredibly slow and invinceible or something else that makes no sense)
    (i one played a "l337 zombeh" map where the zombies had no shields were normal speed and the human could just shotgun them mid lunge.He then booted me when i suggested doing something fun :p

13. Azrius

Azrius Ancient

Well then, I do believe you should send me a friend request. I do warn you, though, a few of my friends on live tend to be rather eccentric. Especially Crusaderoath. But that may simply be because every single friend I hang out with who doesn't have an account plays on that one.

14. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

so a multi-personality zombie killing machine? sounds cool, i shall add you next time i'm on, just don't bother me when i'm forging unless there is someone else there as well.
    back on topic
    supamidget, i find that the zombies have the physical advantage most of the time, it's just that the map allows for camping or other n00bish methods which makes them seem weak.

15. Azrius

Azrius Ancient

Heh, more like a multi-personality killing machine who sometimes only succeeds in killing themself.

Yeah, I won't spam you with invites when you're busy with forge....it aggravates me when people do that to me.

But indeed, we should get back on topic.

I've found that, generally, if there's a way for people to abuse something in a game, they'll do it. That's part of the reason I stopped playing Lone Wolves. Too many people just went straight for the power weapons and proceeded to use nothing but said weapons for the whole game.

People just take Halo way too seriously sometimes.

16. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

BUT I HAVE TOP GET MY SUPA L337 LVL 50 GENERALNESS!!!!!!!!!
    yeah....
    But sure sned me an invite to any ustoms.Dont worry if im in a game ill just join once its finished :)
    lol serious players
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6UNCo8tubY

17. Azrius

Azrius Ancient

So...is your gamertag the same as your username? It's probably obvious, but it's 5 AM. My brain's not quite working right now.

18. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

yes it is Iv0rY Snak3, with a zero
    hopefully i will play my first decent infection game soon.

19. Azrius

Azrius Ancient

And now I address the same question to Supa Midget. I'm too lazy to type it out again.

20. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Add The Texan83 into this as well mate.