Why I am done, and why you deserve to know

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vincent Torre, May 20, 2013.

1. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Complete overhaul and start fresh. Rebrand the site. It's reputation in the greater community has hurt it significantly. Also bring in new features, such as the custom lobbies feature that makes Halo Customs so popular, which THC is also adapting. Streamline things and update the visuals. Try to do someting inovative as well, possibly create an app of some kind. And for god sake, reevaluate the rules and regulations. That probably needs the biggest overhaul IMPO.

2. Zatherla

Zatherla Sweet Lemonade

[​IMG]

I am enjoying this, carry on.

#102 Zatherla, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  3. Security

Security Ancient

Is it weird that I only recognize about half of the people that have posted in this thread?

4. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient

I can't stand seeing people that aren't even familiar with this site coming on telling us what the problem is. Staff is the problem?! Which staff? We've had so many different people as staff here that doesn't work. Shock and TZ are both really cool dudes but the last time I actually interacted with them was in the last 1v1 tourney, which ran quite smoothly the way it always did with the old setup (just sayin). They were active then, so what the heck happened to them? That's the real problem it seems, though I don't see staff conversations.

We need our admins to actually reappear and do something but customs drive this site regardless. Maps can't be tested without customs so floods of untested garbage get posted making less people interested in DLing or viewing in turn making it worse. Customs are way down now I guess because H4 isn't as popular so that's the biggest blow to the site.

Also, I joined when I was 20. Now I'm 25 with wife and a kid, another coming, a major career so being super active is hard. I imagine a lot of core members that were so dedicated are in a similar boat making it hard for them.

I hate to see random people pointing out FHs death. It's not dead, it's just low right now and it can come back if Halo can make its comeback. We can come by staff with no problems in due time as long as our admins show back up and either do something or pass the torch. I understand the whole Kajin part, but we ran fine before. It's not like he just took power away from us, we never had it.

Ill single handedly revive the site in minutes. I'll go start a couple religion debate threads throughout the forums. Then members will crawling out of there wholes like cockroaches! Lol

5. LIGHTSOUT225

I always viewed Shock as the glue that held this place together. I looked up to him about as much as a person could look up to someone who he's never actually met in real life. Sad to see he went out this way.

Miss you Shock Monkey

#105 LIGHTSOUT225, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
  6. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient

^ yeah he was awesome, I just hope he's okay, like something didn't happen to him.

7. SecretSchnitzel

Except it's already been established that Halo 4 isn't why the traffic is so low here. It's people just don't want to come here for whatever reason. Either there's a lack of draw or something has spurned them away. Not to mention how much competition FH faces today. It all ties together.

Unless you guys come together and realistically evaluate the issues, whether you think their imagined by disgruntled members or not, in some attempt of sprucing this place up, it won't bounce back. It'll merely chug along with a skeleton crew.

I'm supposedly the delusional one here, but I really have to question where some of your heads are.

8. SilentJacket

SilentJacket Forerunner

I agree with schnitzel

We need some sort of collaboration on restructuring FH

9. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Start spitballing, bros.

10. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

I'm sorry schnitzel, I've been mum so far but you're laying it on pretty thick right now. You of all people on the forum don't exactly provide the best perspective for giving advice on the forum's problems. I mean this is the most active I seen you on the forum in a long time and it's in a thread to just **** on the forum. I really don't mean to start crap but you were down right awful for a few month period on here (if we've forgotten that whole boosting a certain map thread that made you leave the first time) and it wasn't the staff. You've even stated that on several occasions when you've left and came back to "apologize" with revelations of you've grown up. So it's pretty hard to take you seriously on your word of the site's reputation. It's like asking a convict about their opinion of the police.

As far as what you're saying. Any "sprucing up" requires a tech admin. Which is the key problem that we keep getting back to. Shock's basically gone, and kajin is unreliable when you need him.

#110 PacMonster1, May 23, 2013
  11. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

Not established, Because That "whatever reason" is because Halo 4 is bad and Halo 4 forge is bad. Who wants to come to a Halo forge forum when the only active Halo forge is bad.

The only solution I can think of is: Wait for Halo 5 and hope the forge is good. Not much of a solution but only serious one I can think of.

Broad terms like "Fix the admins""More customs" are all fine and dandy suggestions but unless someone has a idea HOW to actually do these things with instructions how to do it there kinda useless.
    I actually have a 2nd suggestion but I dunno how plausible it would be, Broaden this site to all Level editors (like farcry 3, trails evolution, any popular games with level editors) then it wouldn't rely on the success of Halo (5) and its forge, Having map upload sections for them all with tips and forum discussion and stuff but not really expecting that I just felt had to give a suggestion besides "wait for Halo 5 forge and hope its good"

12. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Honestly, I can't say that any of the halo fan sites are doing that well. Seeing as we have a major status in the halo community however (how often did we use to see THC or FH on the 343i homepage with announcements?) - why not make it known? We need somebody who can get in touch with 343i, to get in touch with Astra, get some competitions going, get some status going. Why not make it a requirement to have posts in various locations, or have a released/previewed map before being allowed to enter, then making sure we have plans in place to keep them here?

13. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

Look, it's that guy who acts like a 12-year-old telling people to be mature.

14. SecretSchnitzel

So what if I have a poor track record here? That's in the past and doesn't really have much to do with my giving advice on how to turn the place around. It may dilute your ability to take me seriously, but it shouldn't dilute my suggestions at all.

I'm not gonna lie, I would love to see this place crumble away into non-existence. I hope it does, really. Yet I still feel compelled to offer my advice on how to fix it if any one cares to listen, as some people actually do like this place for whatever reason. Hell, maybe it could turn into something I'd actually want to be a part of. You're choice really.

In earnest though, all I see happening here is the staff "staying the course" and refusing to accept anything is wrong or in need of improvement. Go on, bury your head in the sand. It's your ship.

15. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

One would think anybody who disliked a forum that much would simply stop posting on it. You hate the forum, you hate the staff, you don't even have an XBox right now, and you allegedly retired from forge and Halo 4 months ago... yet here you still are.

You do realize it's a recent ex-staffer who made this thread, right..? And three or four others who are recent ex-staff or still on staff who posted in here with their own take on the forum's issues? What, really, do you think is going on here? Everyone on staff right now is well aware of the problems with the site and what needs to be done to correct them. The problem is we don't have root access to make some needed changes and fixes, and we don't have leadership up top because the lack of root access (as well as the perceived quality of Halo 4) was so discouraging to our most active admin that he ended up quitting. Even despite that, we were ALREADY making some changes to address the very problems you've singled out, yet you keep ignoring that fact (yes, that's the correct word).

#115 Nutduster, May 23, 2013
  16. SecretSchnitzel

There are people I like to stay in touch with here. Is that a problem?
    Stop making this thread about me Nut. If you're gonna attack me so viciously, you should at least hold yourself to a higher standard. You're the so called mature one, right?

Last post.
    Good luck to y'all. I'm blocking this from my ISP. It's pretty obvious where this is going, and I want no part of it.
    Congrats to Nutduster for sinking lower than any one I've met on the forums. Real top notch buddy. Real top notch.

17. ChronoTempest

ChronoTempest Senior Member

Why be such a "victim"?

18. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

See ya in a couple of weeks, Schnitz.

19. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Good night, sweet prince.

20. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

We should change the way the like feature works so I can like over's post a hundred times

#120 PacMonster1, May 23, 2013