why does everyone hate infection?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Darkdragon, Aug 22, 2008.

1. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

I don't like infection mostly because a lot of the maps are just kind of lame. Also, a lot of them look just like another one I have seen. Although infection is good for making some cool minigames.

2. Ocean Man

Ocean Man Ancient

Me and My friends loved Halo 2 Infection, on Foundation we always went to the room with those movable boxes and made a makeshift barricade, those where the days... But most H3 infection is just staring hard at the Zombies and they fall to the ground. Its hard to Find fun zombies now days.

PS can't wait for Left 4 Dead to come out that looks like a fun Zombie Game!!

3. Thorax tehGREAT

Thorax tehGREAT Ancient

i dont think we hate it. its just like mlg they pump out so many maps the good ones never get to shine just because of shear amount of them

4. SwiftAssasin25

SwiftAssasin25 Ancient

human= infinite ammo
    zombie= no shields
    human= camp the entire game
    zombie= left the game

5. Ocean Man

Ocean Man Ancient

Rinse and repeat.

6. I Shadowsth I

I Shadowsth I Ancient

If I wanted to go to a kindercare center I would of done so IRL.

On a serious note, almost every infection game I go into has one of three things: Either the maps suck, the gametype sucks, or there's a kid with such a high pitched voice making annoying sounds that have me wonder if he's either mentally retarded or just got done drinking a 12 pack of Pepsi.

7. Fbu

Fbu Ancient

I only wanted Halo 3 when I heard they included infection as a gametype.

Ohhhhh am I disappointed.

8. The Storm 59

The Storm 59 Ancient

Because most infection games that are just classic games are made incredibly unbalanced. Its cute to have an armory, but its not cute to have an armory with instantly respawning weapons, which also happens to be the best camping spot in the crappy map that the people have created.

9. Rogue Shadow IV

Rogue Shadow IV Ancient

Every time I've join a custom game party they always do infection.

10. Micronauts

Micronauts Ancient

As I remember from my Halo 2 days Infection was a fast paced game where you and your buddies would run around the map or get bunkered down in some of the worst of places with shottys and pistols, and have the occasional "OMFG I'm so F*Kittens!*ing scared." with your good friend as you were the last two out.

But yeah A lot of people just are making the dumbest of maps. With camping areas that are too overpowered. Although I have to admit I do have that lil Idea in my head that has gunner towers to spray on the incoming horde like WW2 every once in awhile. But I find my self sometimes trying to make a sorta helpless scenario where your "Base is dwindling with weapons" Like never letting the rockets or brs spawn again and the AR only every minute or so. And you have to rely on your Iconic pistol (Okay most people would probably prefer the shotgun but I haven't seen Chris Redfield toting a shotgun too much.) to save you before you get extracted in the next ten minutes.

I've had the idea of making a Left 4 Dead style map where you start off with only a pistol with human like agility (150% gravity 75% speed so on) with some formidable zombies who are more agilitic and prance along the map. Humans will progress through the map finding checkpoints marked by A signs with a lil room filled with maybe a 1 clip shotgun a 2 clip a AR and maybe a pistol for good measure. Never let them spawn again and then the humans keep moving until they get to the safehouse where they can bunker down until the end of the game with normal spawning weapons. It's either that or helplessly try to beat down zombies with your pistol clip empty.