Why do People hate Isolation?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Pigglez, Apr 14, 2008.

?

What do you think of Isolation?

1. WHAT WAS BUNGiE THINKING????????

36 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Eh, it's alright...

36 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. IT'S ONLY TEH MOST 1337 MAP EVAZZZZ!!!!!

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. macka654

macka654 Ancient

worst maps made:
    1. (worst) Epitaph
    2. Isolation
    3. Narrows

WHO AGREES :D

2. macka654

macka654 Ancient

oh, and why i hate it? its too open... and CTF on it is stupid... lol bases right next to each other, and if your smart u can pass the flag through the windows.

3. Rejecting You

Rejecting You Ancient

Don't know, I just absolutely hate that map with a passion.

A long with Epitaph, yet I do REALLY good on it. Look at my Career Stats, Ranked, then Epitaph.

Third worst map would probably be Snowbound.

4. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Isolation looks like an inverted ****** after being brutally ****ed by a very large black man.

:surprise:No thank you.

5. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

cnt say i agree with narrows. Narrows is one of my best MM maps. I own whenever i play on it. Epitaph i NEVER get for some reason so i cnt say i hate it.

6. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

I personally want everyone to veto epitaph, though that won't be a problem now that i have the achievements and only play DLC objective

7. Altair4PM

Altair4PM Ancient

I hate spawning in ur base, seeing the enemy run 4 the rocket launcher. He then hides, so u go out [the wrong way!] to pulverise that noobish camper. By the time u get round, he's already there to blast ur face off!
    It's horrible!
    Also the base thing makes spawning a chore.

P.S. i also dislike epitath... not sure why... probably cos there's little cover if u go in the middle and no-one to kill if u don't.
    Also i don't know where shotgun spawns [plea 4 help]

8. Altair4PM

Altair4PM Ancient

Just saw this... not a deliberate double post cos...
    I AGREE WITH THIS SO MUCH!
    SO MUCH!
    SOOOOOOO MUUUUCHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    I don't see why people like narrows :squirrel_evil:
    But then again, i don't see why i hate it! But believe me, i do.

9. Willmatic

Willmatic Ancient

I think they can fix epitath by giving shotty and rockets 0 clips so people dont camp behind doors the whole game

10. bolt144

bolt144 Ancient

i have to disagree, epitaph is realy good for me, i dont know why, propably the spike grenades, which is also why i like isolation alot

11. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

to me its just stupid
    its soo bad, the only part people fight on is the top, and for the rockets right at the beginning
    its kinda like bungie decorated a big tube and made alot of it scenery

12. DRO Maelstrom

DRO Maelstrom Ancient

I would disagree with you. I spent a whole game under the sniper spawn (in the tunnel) whooping #$%.

I hate isolation because you have 2 of the most influential (without camping) power weapons on the map right next to each other and the layout doesn't flow very good. I often have that problem with tunnel maps.

Epitaph I hate, because of the noobs who control the shotgun, rocket launcher, and active camo the whole game. It's so annoying because they will never leave their precious shield doors.

Same thing goes with Snowbound. When was the last time you didn't camp by the shield door on that map?

Narrows is fine by me, although it does take a while to go from base to base. Only a multi-flag map for me and I'm glad that's what MLG did with it.

13. Reaper678

Reaper678 Ancient

I think that isolation is a pretty good map and i usually do good on it. I just sometimes get tired of the open sometimes

14. swooshz56

swooshz56 Ancient

The only problem i have with it is the fact that the underground part of it looks gross. Besides that the only map i really hate is just Epitath. Its just a giant Power weapon **** of sadness.

15. Epic Tusk

Epic Tusk Ancient

I agree with all of what penguin said here. Narrows works well with Br starts also, Ghost Town too. People in MM now a days are mostly causal gamers. they want trains, planes, and infection. They want simple maps that they can understand.

16. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

I have no problem with Isolation. The underground is probably the area I avoid the most of any section of any map, and not just because it's disgusting. I just never go down there. The hill is the center of gravity. I usually have fun on Isolation. Not my favorite, but I don't hate it.

17. Knight Kninja

Knight Kninja Ancient

i really like it, actually. but for the lack of cover as previously said. its a fun map in my opinion. i dont like the underground bases or underground though.. but its still fun. its the only map i wont always use the sniper in lol

18. bolt144

bolt144 Ancient

yeah now that u mention bases, i did hate what they did with them to were u can see the other base from one

19. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

im surprised this thread has survived so long...

i have a new question, forgetting matchmaking, what about forge-wise? What do u think of it then? IMO, Isolation, Epitaph... they gave hardly any items to really use and tht makes them horrible forge-wise IMO, but tho i dnt forge on them, they still can be used good if ur creative...

20. Knight Kninja

Knight Kninja Ancient

yeah.. what with the new objects in the map packs and everything.. it doesnt seem to great. but i like the way that flood door works. you know what im talking about? i have used that more than once.. but i think the best thing for forge is making something like tower of power. plus uneven ground doesnt help