White Cell

Discussion in 'Map Discussion' started by Chronmeister, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Chronmeister

Chronmeister Blockhead
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Chronmeister submitted a new map:

White Cell - 4v4 Slayer, CTF, Strongholds

Read more about this map...

2. FrostPhoenix0

FrostPhoenix0 Legendary

Looks like a nice clean map, but that arrow is way too big for the bow :)

Chronmeister likes this.
  3. Anarchy Kane

Anarchy Kane Legendary

Looks really neat.

The bow is kind of tacky though.

I think you should also add something to easily tell what side of the map your on. I like when people add banners to these clean maps. Maybe above the arch ways into the bases and on the outer edges?

Chronmeister likes this.
  4. Chronmeister

Chronmeister Blockhead

I know its a bit big, but from the side of the map you see it from it doesn't look bad. It's either it has to stay the way it is or there has to be a visible joint from the merged pipes I would need to use to get the correct length. I think it looks better smooth, especially because you can walk on it. If more people have an issue I'll change it.

@Anarchy Kane, I don't think determining what side of the map you are on will be a problem for anyone. If I can figure out something that fits aesthetically I will likely add it, but I don't really want much color on the map. Sorry you don't like the bow, but most people I've shown it to do, so I'm keeping it. You can also climb up it if you feel brave so it serves a minor purpose for some people.

#4 Chronmeister, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  5. FrostPhoenix0

FrostPhoenix0 Legendary

It's not an issue, I was just noting :). If I remember, maybe later I'll jump on this map and try to put together a bow of my own to compare (if you don't mind, that is).

Chronmeister likes this.
  6. Chronmeister

Chronmeister Blockhead

Don't mind at all. I'd like to see what you come up with.

7. Box Knows

Box Knows Legendary

Noiiicee this map was a blast in h2a, gotta get some games on this. Glad you went with the rescale :)

Chronmeister likes this.
  8. MrInstantHit

MrInstantHit Legendary

This map look amazing the only problem I can see is that its pretty hard to distinguish where you are when you spawn because everything is white I understand that changing the color of the wall would be heartbreaking but you could maybe put the ramp of both base their respective color or something.

I really like what you did with the vines and trees its simple yet fancy.

Chronmeister likes this.
  9. Chronmeister

Chronmeister Blockhead

I think the fact that you are either traveling clockwise or counterclockwise around the structure should be enough for anyone to orient themselves. I totally get your reasoning, but I suggest trying it out and getting back to me. I haven't had anyone complain yet.

10. Chronmeister

Chronmeister Blockhead

11. D4rkDeath

D4rkDeath Legendary

I really enjoy the layout! It's pretty thought out yet simple. You did mention this is a remake from previous halo work. I must say that the map feels very unfinished. It has the look of a map laid out before the aesthetics are added. Here are my suggestions to add some aesthetics without changing the overall look or feel to the map, which I can tell from your previous comments that you are hard to budge on, which is a natural response of ownership.

My suggestions:
    Add a very subtle way to differentiate sides, bungie and 343 are masters at having subtle hints to set some little thing off in our heads to know where you are without having to remember or look for it. Add a small decal on a wall or stripe on the floor, maybe add a flag or symbol of some sort. You could even just have the light glow of a light. Or 2 blue fusion coils for blue side, red exploding barrels for red side tucked in an eye catch area as you enter the room that would serve as a base/flag room.

The building itself feels like it should be on the ground and not suspended in mid air. I think if you were to add aesthetics by not putting them on the map, you could put them around the map. Maybe have the building above a lush garden or surrounding one and make it look obvious that it is a map boundary, then use the soft kill (10 sec) boundary. You could even use some non exploding barrels around the map and color them brown, you could really play the map up like its a wine house around a vineyard, especially to compliment the vines and walls of your map.

Please note that I do love the layout of your map, but it does feel unfinished for the ideas I added above. To maybe understand deeper what I mean, I suggest grabbing the map Brutalist, it is recently popular. Go onto that map in forge and remove or mentally remove all of the outer stuff that would not change how the map played. You would feel as if you were in a very different environment. With Halo 5's forge I honestly think adding some of these ideas or some of your own, are what would take your map from great to incredible.

If you liked my thoughts or ideas, feel free to add me, I enjoy helping and/or chatting about forge stuff. Good luck!

Chronmeister likes this.
  12. TheGodofForge

TheGodofForge Legendary

13. Chronmeister

Chronmeister Blockhead

Chronmeister updated White Cell with a new update entry:

Oddball Addition and MM weapon spawn timer update

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. Chronmeister

Chronmeister Blockhead