Whiplash

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Vicious Vice, Oct 18, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

12.5%
  2. OK

5.4%
  3. Average

5.4%
  4. Good

17.9%
  5. Great

58.9%
  1. Vicious Vice

Vicious Vice Ghosts of Onyx

Whiplash
    Created by Jbarron402

Supported Gametype: Racetracks

Recommended Players: 2-8 players

The wait is over. The racetrack variant makes its triumphant return to the front page with Whiplash. This track however is not your average course, sporting two different rhythm sections and two huge jumps guaranteed to give you a nosebleed, it is clear the author has implemented motocross concepts.

Racing on this map is by no means straightforward, a veteran racer will be surprised at how much braking is required to set up for the gargantuan jumps. Enter the first depression too fast and your mongoose will probably loose traction and send you careening into the wall. Enter slowly and accelerate over the hill and the racer will cleanly pass the area only to be met with more jumps and more bumps. May the mongoose be with you.

2. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

O rly? Lawlz! Dude this was an awesome racemap. I loved playing here and I'm shocked to see it featured. This is a really great feature because it's a really cool race track. (and wow, I sound like a complete n00b right there) lawlz.

But really... I had a load of fun on this map with you Vice. ;D

3. whitehalo3

whitehalo3 Ancient

Dude, it looks just like a dirt bike track. Nice job on the creativity and the flawless interlocking to make smooth hills. But I need picture of the end.

4. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

Man, this was a good map from the second I first saw it, until today. I think I still have it in my top 5 fav race-maps. Congratz on the feature. You deserved it :)

5. zackj191

zackj191 Ancient

OMB this got featured!!! Woot, this map is so awskme I remember in tgif 16 I was about to win this race in vicious vices party and he kicked me Lol!! This map is derinatly worth a DL, if you like any kind of race cousrse I would recomend this to all race and casual map fans!!! 10/10 for a racecourse!

6. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

It's about time a race track hit the front page. THis one stood out from the crowd, to me.
    I loved how it didnt stay to the ground. Easy to follow yet it can be hard to master.

I ran this in TGIF today and I had a great time.

7. Ja Red is Ninja

Ja Red is Ninja Ancient

this has to be my favorite race map evar!!! these are really hard to make. so nice work!

8. LaTurno11

LaTurno11 Ancient

AMAZING MAP!! I am downloading this as i say this! i cant wit to play this sweet map.

9. Knight Kninja

Knight Kninja Ancient

wow this actually looks like a fun racing map. i just realized that my favorite racing maps are really wide. imagine racing on this with buddies on the back with shotguns, fighting each other :p

10. DeathToll77

DeathToll77 Gone For Sec

I love this map. I was racing on this map with my friends that did not have a forgehub account. Do not ask me how they got it. Anyway the dumpsters are really what made this map stand out for me. I am not a big fan of racing maps but when I was driving I said "wow I have never seen dumpsters used this well before." This map really deserved a Feature NAO!

Cosmic Rick likes this.
  11. JASONYO

JASONYO Ancient

isn't this HaloTracks job? when does FH ever feature a racetrack? lol but at least this is pretty quality.

12. Floppy2276

Floppy2276 Ancient

I always love me a good racetrack. This one is no exception. I love how not all the racetrack is an even surface, and there are a few drop-offs here and there. I played this in TGIF and had a great time.

13. this is a cool track and i cant wait to play it... but can u help me find out how to post maps so i can d othis to?

14. Doodletheory

Doodletheory Ancient

Awesome1 This got featured! I never thought fh would put a race map as a feature. I have already downloaded it, in fact i downloaded it about 1 1/2 months ago! This track rules especially the big jump at the finish.

15. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

Isn't this like the first race map to be featured since like Bungie 500?

I downloaded it when it was posted and I was very impressed. It is still on my hard drive. Well deserved feature, Congrats!

16. lucas pk

lucas pk Ancient

i really am not the raceing map person cant find much of them but the pics blew me away this looks like a great map and they need to feature more of these

17. Creeping Death

Creeping Death What's a Halo?

I was really having fun on this track until goddamn Lightsout decided it would be awesome to keep punching me off of the Mongoose!!! Damn you and your SanDiego SuperChargers!!!

Seriously though, the track is just plain sweet. Nobody likes a confusing race track where the slightest slip can knock you off the side and force you to start over. I have noticed lately that the best maps in Halo are the simplest ones that are executed perfectly, and this is a simple and perfectly executed interpretation of a dirt bike track. Kudos and congrats on the feature :0)

18. Sage

Sage Ancient

Finally a racetrack map is featured i was kinda gettin sick of all the competitive now all we need is a minigame feature.

Now onto the map. Its pretty sweet and smoothe the track is pretty fun only thing is i find that you easy flip over when you go over the box hump especially when there are more people playing cuz you bump into them in the air

19. Jebus1001

Jebus1001 Ancient

I dunno about this feature... I mean sure it looks good but the gameplay isn't that innovative. Here's the track: small rollers, turn, small rollers turn, big rollers, turn, big rollers, turn, repeat. Wasn't that good in my opinion.

Also honour rules are a must on this track, many tracks have systems allowing everyone to start at once and to stop cheaters from running through the finish repeatedly but this one has neither of those. It's a good track but I wouldn't say feature-worthy...

20. Resix

Resix Ancient

i remember racing this when it came out the dumpster+wirespool rhythm part was awesome. Also everything on this map is smooth and has to be the best mongoose race map ever. Oh and the huge jumps on this make it even better because i love catching big air in a mongoose. And like deathtoll said before me this did deserve a feechure nao!