What's the worst map you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Carter1234, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Uncaged and The Cage both are too restrictive of player movement for my taste. I like the illusion of free choice thank you very much.

Hemorrhage isn't always bad, but the simple lack of good BTB maps in Reach makes it seem worse because of the rest in the playlist. Cough-Cough Mt. Lam Lam Cough-Cough.

2. UnfrozenLynx

UnfrozenLynx Promethean

Poor Nooooooooooooch, everyone seems to really hate that map. Maybe if Crypt gets into MM, everyone will forget he made Lam Lam.

Also, I forgot to mention Reflection. What a piece of fecal matter. In fact, just thinking about Reflection pisses me off.

And, after giving it some thought, I'd like to nominate Treasury and Renova as the absolute worst of the Forge maps in MM.

3. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Well. If youd care to go to the Review Hub Review List (here :D)

And then look at the lowest rated maps it may help. Exile was truely the worst map I have ever played. Like, unbelievably bad. It lagged with two people, was covered with power weapons, was supposed to be a competitive map but had hidden rooms, was escapable, had z fighting, had no fightable area, I can go on. The reason I know it lags with two people was because everybody else in our 16 player game quit it!

4. Zigywig

Zigywig Forerunner

Mt Lam Lam wasn't really finished when that got into MM, so that's probably why. Even he agrees its not too good.

5. Noooooch

Noooooch Forerunner

It doesn't bother me one bit that people may not like Mt. Lam Lam. It was like the second map I ever forged (Can you tell? Lol), and it made it into matchmaking. Suck on that, bitches. I've come a long way since that map, so I don't really need Crypt to make into MM to prove myself, but it would be nice. :p

Port Authority would have been a great addition to BTB. Too bad it wasn't forged a year ago...

The Cage/Uncaged is by far the the worst map in matchmaking. Sword Base is also terrible. Boardwalk has it's ups and downs.

Spire and Boneyard are not meant for BTB, and it still bums me out that Bungie recycled them as BTB maps. I agree with FlyingShoe. Even with the recent Heavy variants, of which the only decent one is Rasu, there is a lack of good BTB maps and it's depressing.

They should just make the Big Team playlist DLC-required. Have you guys ever heard of Tempest, Highlands, Breakpoint or Ridgeline? We never get to play them...

6. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

Id have to have another exception. Select. Reminds me alot of narrows. and brings back memories

7. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump

I honestly home Imago doesn't make it... Not a fan of the gameplay or the design. If only the staff had played a couple games on it before giving it a thumbs up... :/

As for bad maps.... Spire. Definitely Spire.
    And Sword Base... Ugh.
    Most forged maps in MM.
    Anything Joeski ever made.
    And most definitely Select. Worst map ever. WTH was the forger thinking, making Narrow-lite. :/

8. GrenadeGorilla8

GrenadeGorilla8 Forerunner

I actually really like Select. Always have. My only problem with it was that jetpacks dominated it. Now that JP's have been removed from the Arena playlist however, Select will be able shine. And effectively making arena the best playlist. Except for synapse. I hate synapse with a fiery passion.

9. MockKnizzle008

MockKnizzle008 Ancient

Dude, I love jetpack heroes on Select. Makes it sooooo much easier to DMR the **** out of them. Guaranteed win.

10. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Agreed - jetpack can occasionally be annoying on Select because there's nowhere really to hide from them, but also if you just keep your eyes to the sky, it's VERY easy to pick those jetpack heroes out of the air - even easier than on similarly jetpackable maps like Asylum (where the ring protects them from themselves a lot) or Boardwalk. To me, other people using jetpack on those maps makes it very hard to get perfections, but very easy to win... by a lot.

Or to put it another way, I will occasionally use jetpack on Asylum (and very effectively, when I do), but I never use it on Select. I'd much rather have sprint.

#30 Nutduster, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  11. GrenadeGorilla8

GrenadeGorilla8 Forerunner

True. Doesn't change the fact that they are super annoying.

12. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

Jetpack: Why bother having a map at all?

13. Noooooch

Noooooch Forerunner

I always tried to keep a needler on me as my secondary on Select, just for the jet packers. It works out great. Plasma pistol too.

14. FrozenGoathead

FrozenGoathead all i want is a CT that says mullosc

I remember that one TGIF, this one guy whined to have his game played. He put on a modified stolen version of a map called CSS Barbarian, or something like that. Those were the worst 8 minutes ever. Everyone spawned at heavy veichles and spawned with heavy weapons. You can now imagine the carnage and lag fest that insued.

15. ryana1998

ryana1998 Forerunner

My map that I posted called Forerunners Platforms, what was I thinking when i made that map, I don't know.

16. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

I like select but I found a hlg spot near the jump area where you go down and crouch jet pack if that makes any sense well if you go to team doubles and you get in there with a friend it's impossible for them to find you and since my friend and I are the ones who found it in the first place I don't think anybody else knows about it( other than all of you now) lol

17. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump

Nope, I was informed of it some time ago... You can also get out of the map because the KB's aren't thick enough. There's a glitch where if you aren't host, if you can make it through a KB in under a second, your completely safe (so long as there is no safe zone to kill you).....

A version is being submitted to 343i the fixes these issues.