What you want in Halo 4

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Carter1234, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

The only way I can see this happening is if they make one playlist that offers this with a few maps that are absolutely huge, but don't take away from the number of regular maps the game ships with. I hated how Boneyard and Spire were included in the 13 count of maps that shipped with the game. And 5 of them were forge maps so really there were only 6 actual maps that shipped.

2. Carter1234

Carter1234 Forerunner

Exactly my idea. There could be more maps that ship with the game, right? It can only make things better. There could be about 16 maps that ship with the game, with 4 of them being huge, and the rest being large, medium, small, or forging maps.

3. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Another one of these threads that are vague and different enough to avoid being spam.

4. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

^^^^^
    This exactly and return of the BR

5. Xun

Xun The Joker

Should I even bother posting what I'd like to see in Halo 4 in this thread? I've already said it in all the other threads that are pretty much identical or in the same vein as this one.

Sorry, maybe you didnt see the other threads, Carter, but it just seems silly when we have a search tool for exactly this purpose. :\

6. Carter1234

Carter1234 Forerunner

You should just post what you want in Halo 4 instead of telling me why this thread is not useful or telling me I should use the search function. I didn't see any What do you want in Halo 4 threads on the first page so I made one myself.

7. Skater

Skater Halo Reach Era

They cant use the marathon symbol, bungie owned marathon before they were recruited by microsoft, thats why it was SEVERELY limited in halo reach: because microsoft wanted to get their greedy little paws on bungies "juggernougat". Halo was there "billion dollar doughnut." Oh and on the topic, Forge for firefight, firebombs grenades, flamethrowers, dual weilding. A little better forging, WITH BETTER PHYSICS, and the ability to change colors of objects a little better. SMG, skulls, hornets, phantoms, pelicans, the flood.

8. artifact123

artifact123 Forerunner

A Map with lots of Wooden objects and water for Island Invasion or Pirate Fights and that kind of stuff, Flood, way more Custom Game options, SMGs, no reticule bloom, Flamethrowers, Fire Bombs and Civilian Vehicles in Multiplayer.

#28 artifact123, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  9. Okage4

Okage4 Ancient

Bring back VIP. Either that, or make gametypes way more versatile/customizable.

Armor Abilities were confirmed to be in the next Halo game on the 343 Industries forums, so I hope they make AA's more balanced. More utility than gimmick.

And something that I'm fairly certain that everyone misses from Halo 3: chaos. One thing that makes Halo stand out from every other series out there is simply the silliness that can ensue. I hope 343 either brings back or creates a physics engine that's similar to the one from Halo 3. Halo Reach's physics were a lot...heavier. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but so many absolutely ridiculous things happened in Halo 3. 343, give us anarchy!

More imaginative weapons, please. And more variety. A lot of people will say that a lot of Halo 3's weapons were redundant, which is true...for Matchmaking. Custom Games/Forge, however, can make use of ANYTHING in Halo. More content = more choices = more customization = better Custom Games.

Better maps. There's a slew of "legendary maps" from each of the past Halo games. I seriously doubt that any map from Reach is at good enough to join the ranks of these maps. The map from Reach that reaches closest to "legendary" status is either Zealot or Powerhouse. Both just barely fall short of having extremely memorable gameplay for reasons that aren't easily explained...

Lastly, please don't make the Sniper an anti-vehicle weapon. That's just ridiculous.

10. IH8YourGamerTag

IH8YourGamerTag Forerunner

I disagree. I'd like to see that happen, maybe not in halo 4, but if they made an MMO or some larger battle based game. 32v32 on different maps the size of forgeworld doesn't sound fun to you?
    Okay, maybe not. I do agree it probably won't happen. 343's not going to want to piss off halophiles too much to keep the fanbase as it is now. How about a compromise.... 14v14 "mythic battle" (just an idea) with a 8v8 classic btb playlist on the side?

A little more on topic, a paint shop for armor with many different tools, spray, fine lines, insert text, numbers, stripes, choose the primaries in a camo..... etc. maybe tools to use kinect for the finer details. Once you are done, the ability to share it as a spartan skin, just a file on your fileshare.
    I'd have different camos for different maps. You know you would.

Also, captain america skin ftw

#30 IH8YourGamerTag, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  11. Xun

Xun The Joker

Im not trying to troll you, but just saying, you probably should have searched a little harder, man. Usually when threads like this pop up mods lock them straight away, and to be honest, Im surprised this one has stayed open, especially since a mod has seen it. (Just for the record, I found three threads in three pages :\)

Seriously, Im not trying to be a jerk, Im just telling you what I think and that Ive already posted my wants in all the other threads like this so I didnt see a point in doing it again. Also, theres a Halo4/CEA thread in the Gaming Discussion forum, plus all the others in that and this forum, which is why these types of threads keep getting locked.

12. GsRREAPERxFS

GsRREAPERxFS Forerunner

am i only one that still wants armour abilities i went on halo 3 the other day and it was so weird not being abkle to sprint also so many custom gametypes would be gone if we got rid of the ablilities so i say keep it near enogh as it is just expand what we can do in the game. E.g forge needs more items.

13. Carter1234

Carter1234 Forerunner

Also, I want more UNSC/Covenant based forge items instead of forerunner tech all the time. Also, Boats. We needed them for a long time, and they need to come.

14. Ninja Zecu

Ninja Zecu Forerunner

I like almost everything. But I prefer to have Reach's ranking system so I can get credits in custom games.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

More realistic forge peases, UNSC phantom(from halo 3), Shadehog(I've seen this mod on youtube too many times, let's just make it a legal vehicle), when you are an elite in firefight we should be able to give UNSC weapons to enemies, forge civilian vehicles, more armor, more natural forge peaces, AI in invasion, campiagn versus (like firefight versus), matchmake custom games. OK I'm done!

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Oh and there should be a multiplayer BTB/Invasion/Firefight supermap!

This map would have every aspect of gameplay.(Some areas would be good for vehicles, others for shotguns, other areas would encourage jumping and jetpacking) You get the idea. This map would be huge. In fact every map in this game should have something special about it(Just like Forgeworlds, I put the "s" at the end on purpose)

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Agreed! Also I think we should have a Firefight versus playlist.

#34 Ninja Zecu, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  15. CAPNxXxCANT

CAPNxXxCANT Forerunner

Well, we had different skins for forge items in halo 3 and I know I got bored of those. I was excited for the forerunner skins in reach, but now like you it bores me a little bit. What I'm getting at is that, unless they come up with a pick your skin type thing, anything will eventually become old and won't really change much

As for the boats, I agree 100%. if not more than that. I've always wanted them, and now that I'm thinking about them, maybe boats could be the new part of gameplay in the next game instead of adding more unnecessary weapons and armor abilities and other overcomplicating things.

You could have human gunboats and a covenant thing that can bombard the land with wraith shells and I'm getting ahead of myself there probably won't be any ****ing boats

16. Carter1234

Carter1234 Forerunner

343 is a different studio than bungie, so don't give up hope. If we are gonna have boats, we need to teach spartans (and covenant) how to ****ing swim.

OH YEAH I FORGOT.

Bungie left the Halo 3 story at Master Chief in deep space, and the Covenant are at peace with the Humans, so there will probably be new enemies to face, which offers a whole new area of weapons, vehicles, etc.

17. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

Boats can't happen, for the same reason why there are only 4 Scorpions available for forge. There are too many points of contact for the engine to render without lagging the game.

Flood. ****.

#37 pinohkio, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  18. Carter1234

Carter1234 Forerunner

Don't you think that 343 will place a different engine in the game to help things like that?

19. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

I want them to, but I doubt that they are going to reconstruct the engine from the ground up.

20. pyro

pyro The Joker

I can see them making ghosts hover over water or something like that, but actual boats just doesn't seem like a halo sort of thing. I doubt 343 will make it feel too much different from reach if not more like halo 3 just trying to start slow and figure out what works.

About covenant and humans being at peace, I don't see how that happened when they just killed the prophet. If someone killed Obama right now I don't think we would be at peace with them.