What will happen to Foundry?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by SykoOne, Apr 9, 2008.

?

What will happen to Foundry?

1. People will still forge more on Foundry.

29 vote(s)
    80.6%
  2. People will forge more on the new DLC.

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. People will stop forging forever.

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. SykoOne

SykoOne Ancient

When the New Lengendary Map Pack comes out do you think people will start forging more on the new maps or still everyone will forge on Foundry?

2. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

It depends on the amount of walls etc, they give us on the new map. But most certainly, the first few weeks they are out most people who can will forge on the new DLC. Foundry will always be forged on though.

3. VestigeL

VestigeL Ancient

The new DLC maps won't affect Foundry. Foundry will still be the most flexible forge map.

4. Kapura

Kapura Ancient

I dunno, looking at some of the stuff in Avalanche and Ghost town, I think they have a legit chance of being used more than the other nonFoundries

5. Revelation-Six

Revelation-Six Ancient

I think the folks at Bungie are beginning to realize the vast potential of custom forged maps. My guess is they were a little more cognizant of this when they created these maps.

6. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

yeah, think people will go crazy with filters, and then everyone will realize no one is downloading their "black and white zombie map on avalanche".
    then they will go back to foundry.

7. Deefawlt

Deefawlt Ancient

well the new forge filters will have a huge affect. Foundry will be used, but i think people will use ghost town or avalanche just as much

8. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Uneven outdoor terrain ruins half of forging, foundry will never die unless they give us a bigger foundry with more crap

9. Mallet

Mallet Ancient
    Banned

I can't even remember what foundry looks like. That map is historyyy

10. Roche178

Roche178 Ancient

I have to write this down pure Genius!!

lol j/k I think Foundry will be used but not as much hopefully all of the noobs will move on to Avalanche so we can get Foundry's full potential more easily.

11. SlasheI2

SlasheI2 Ancient

it really depends on what will be on the new forge palette. I saw that there are going to be forerunner styled walls and stuff and that could make a whole new section but lets just hope they let us have say 50 of each?

12. David 118

David 118 Ancient

for a while the new maps will get all the atention but foundry will come back proabbly with new fresh ideas!

13. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

We have more Forge maps on Foundry than Rat's Nest and Standoff combined.

That should basically sum up what will happen.

14. HPsauce

HPsauce Ancient

hmmm, yup first 3/4 weeks it will all be new DLC maps non stop. Only problem is that everyone is going to try and do the best to make the best map first and create a unique idea before any others.
    What I want to see is someone use the 'lesser maps' more often being - Isolation, Snowbound, Narrows, Construct, Epitaph etc - its a hard job though

15. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

I've actually talked to someone who already has the new maps, and he says that Avalanche is going to be the map to forge on....as long as you use the budget glitch. Apparently you're supplied with a decent number of forge objects to use, and including the lighting effects...I'm excited. So I obviously we're going to see a rise in maps not created on foundry, but I still believe the dominant forge map will be Foundry. It has too many essential elements that help make basic maps that the new DLC just doesn't have (I think). At least Bungie has met the need for better tools in other maps.

#15 Draw the Line, Apr 11, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  16. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

I'm really thinking that Avalanche is going to be more like Sandtrap and Valhalla in terms of Forging, while Blackout and Ghost Town will be like Construct and The Pit.

17. Mallet

Mallet Ancient
    Banned

It'll be far better than Valhalla and Sandtrap, look at these awesome walls clean walls. If they give us enough we will finally have maps that don't look like some ugly dirty factory.

[​IMG]

18. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

People will be hyped about the new maps, and I think Bungie learned their lesson and gave us better forge objects to play with.

The distribution of forged maps will be more evenly spread among the Leg DLC and Foundry, but I still think 51%+ will be on Foundry.

--dc

19. LIGHTSOUT225

Avalanche, in my opinion, will be slightly better than Standoff, but not near Foundry's quality. Hopefully I'm wrong, though. Only time will tell.

20. SykoOne

SykoOne Ancient

Wow this picture got me even more excited then I already was!