What the Hell? Really Annoying Bug.

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by ImI METAL ImI, May 27, 2008.

1. Tex

Tex Ancient

I have had the same thing happen to me on multiple maps now, it's one of the most annoying things when you're going for perfection...Though, I have no advice because this still is happening, even in local...

2. ImI METAL ImI

ImI METAL ImI Ancient

I know, this is such a weird bug. It hasn't started happening to me until now. Well I guess now all my maps are going to look like a lazy-eyed four year-old made them. Damnit.

3. Tex

Tex Ancient

Don't give up man! I think it just takes time, because it will do it one day for me n shad0w, then the next day it'll turn up looking how it is supposed to (after redo-ing it)

4. ImI METAL ImI

ImI METAL ImI Ancient

Alrighty, ever vigilant I shall remain. ****ing boxes..I'm going to go play Assault on Carcass and blow one up.

5. Matty

Matty Ancient

Forge Locally, forge is always full of lag that messes with player perseption.

6. xxAl Capwnagexx

xxAl Capwnagexx Ancient

I forge locally and it still screws up and is amazingly laggy. Nearly every item I spawn wants to merge itself into the ground. lolz its funny sometimes but annoying too.

7. ImI METAL ImI

ImI METAL ImI Ancient

I shall heed thy advice, Matty the wise.

Edit: Forge is blest upon thee, Matty. On the other hand, Forge decides to **** on everything I do, even in Local. Man I want to forge without this happening...

#27 ImI METAL ImI, May 28, 2008
    Last edited: May 29, 2008
  8. Tex

Tex Ancient

ya matty, you must not have read the other twenty-five posts, because we've mentioned to him to forge locally, and we've all known now, that it still does this silly fblamck up...though someone mentioned something about the boxes dimensions, which i still think should be looked further into...

9. Markkus

Markkus Ancient

You need to retry it. I think you need to place the other ones closer, so they have no where to move after the interlock,

10. Etgamer114

Etgamer114 Ancient

I hope it gets better.That has never happened to me.

11. ImI METAL ImI

ImI METAL ImI Ancient

Alright, I've confirmed that this bug only occurs when I place double boxes on their sides. Any other way is fine.

12. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

And forging locally does not solve it.

So it has to be the trapezoid shape thing naSTY mentioned earlier.

13. MealonX

MealonX Ancient

That has happened to me, its very heartbreaking to see your hardwork amount to shite

14. ImI METAL ImI

ImI METAL ImI Ancient

You're right Waylander. And yes, it definitely does Mealon, but the good news is I've gotten back to where I left off with the boxes right side-up. I did run into another glitch though, where I couldn't spawn anymore double boxes, even though I had 13 left in my inventory and there were plenty of them placed on the map. But I owned that glitch in the face. Hard.

15. myonlydetriment

myonlydetriment Ancient

Never seen that happen before. It might have something to do with the fact that interlocking in itself is a bug, but it's still strange.

16. Tex

Tex Ancient

I guess my best advise when trying to set up a box on its side would be to create a "condom" around the entire box...ie...put fence walls all around it like you were to do a geo-merge, but just interlock...

17. ImI METAL ImI

ImI METAL ImI Ancient

Lmao. Yeah I dunnit already, the box just ends up interlocking with the rubber.

18. MealonX

MealonX Ancient

wow, that sounds dirty Tex. You could have easily said Sleeve around it, but you choose condom...

19. Tex

Tex Ancient

that's what me n my friends call it, wanna fight about it?