What might be...

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Foxire, May 4, 2012.

1. Foxire

Foxire Promethean

Great ideas have entered my head, and the more i think, the better they get. Well i was finishing up my Map Sight (Which i finished) i thought of making a race.

So i opened up another forge world, saved it as Freedom Park, and made a loop-de-loop.

Then i had a great idea i remember from another game, flipped Gravity, from another game.

SO i tried to get it to work and all i got was 4 suicides and a sad face.

The idea was, to make a bridge at which you have to flip upside down to ride across a gap in a bridge like so:

____-----_____ where i would have to reverse the gravity to be able to ride across, then flip it again to keep going. But when your upside down without movement you would fall, (i'm using a one-way to hold you to the wall) and i can't find a way to get upside down and not have the camera force you to not see a thing and fail. Anyone got any ideas?

2. iamluke21393

iamluke21393 Promethean

You could try having people purposely leave their vehicles for a few seconds, go across on the one way shield doors, then having them respawn on their vehicles on the other side?

3. cody cero

cody cero Ancient

Not sure how to approach this. But I came up with an idea that would work in theory, and it should work if you do it right in practice. But it would be hard to do it in practice, and I can't be asked to do it right now.

But basically my idea once again requires the insane gametype (Haloball). The idea is to make the player feel like he just did a backflip. Essentially, make duplicates of a room placed at different angles and slightly altered in position. And each of those duplicates of objects have the objective gametype label. Then you have to use movable objects treated as goals to make an "animation" occur where the room rotates around.

It would be a pain in the arse to do it, so as I said, I can't be bothered with it right now. But yea, you could make a player think he back flipped by rotating the room around him.

4. Robster95

Robster95 Promethean

its yet another briliant idea, i would use vehicle man cannons upside down like you said and then strong man cannon on top slightly poking through the vehicle man cannons so it pushes you along but you could also have one way shield door there to hold you up as well but i dont know if its needed, ill have a go on forge later and experiment (ill prob end up making another map for the map pack ;P ) and then if i can get it to work ill post it to you :)