What Map Ideas Do You Have For Reach?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Spawn of Saltine, Jul 23, 2010.

?

Like it

Poll closed Sep 15, 2010.
  1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    72.6%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Needs Improvement

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zee-V70

Zee-V70 Ancient

While I personally wouldn't be able to do it, would anyone be willing to take a crack at making a Subspace Gunship?
    [​IMG]
    Obviously not to scale, but you could probably make one pretty damn big given the size of the Ascension relay dishes.

2. xHaRl3y HaVoCx

xHaRl3y HaVoCx Ancient

I'm pretty sure I know what you are talking about,I can't remember the game's name,But They claimed to be the next Halo or something like that.The cover of the game had a soldier flying into the sky using a jet pack while a battle was going on below.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Some of my Reach Forge Ideas.
    Sorry ahead if someone has already said these.
    A huge tower on "The Rock"
    A Race Map on "The Island"
    An Air base somewhere.
    Last is a idea that is kinda hard to explain,It's Blood Gulch bases but not in the Canyon.It's on the outer edges of the cliffs with a a bridge connecting the sides.
    Any constructive criticism?

3. Oo iRoNy oO

Oo iRoNy oO Ancient

I'm not sure I follow lol. The game was a sequel to another game, that was based of a saga. Hope that is not too easy for some of you.

4. caniblcake

caniblcake Forerunner

A standoff/defend map in the same vein as covenant on a ship, except this time, a bridge will extend behind the humans, eventually leading to a falcon pad. They will then fly with the falcon into a safe zone.​

5. JimmyBallax

JimmyBallax Forerunner

An infection/race, where the track is floating in the air just above a death barrier, and the humans have to drive to destinations to get points like a race, but there's zombie's with forklifts trying to push them off and infect them.

6. CzIz

CzIz Forerunner

Now that we can see our health, I am going to edit default gametypes so that there is no shields but about 5x more health. This way, once you've been hit, you never get that health back.. unless you use a health pack :)

7. Bomb Champion

Bomb Champion Ancient

It's a bridge that spans over the canyon, sort of like narrows. It has a man cannon on each side, but placed opposite each other.

On the bridge is a central teleporter that teleports a player to a scorpion that has been pinned down, and is not accessible from any other way. It will be an artillery piece, not such that one can spawn kill but enough that you will want it on your side in combat. It will be good cover for things like flag carrying or just map dominance.

Another route to the teleporter is the under pass, which takes players to a gravlift in the middle that shoots them into the teleporter.

--

I'm not sure how well this will work, but I'm certain I at least want to try it.

#147 Bomb Champion, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  8. Ursus

Ursus Ancient

I was joking about Battletoads, of course. Pretty sure you were referring to Tribes, probably Aerial Assault.

9. xHaRl3y HaVoCx

xHaRl3y HaVoCx Ancient

That was the game I was trying to describe but failed.I'm not sure if that's the game he was talking about though.

10. Oo iRoNy oO

Oo iRoNy oO Ancient

hmm no lol. There have been many games done before this based of the saga (keyword saga), but I think this is the sequel to the first shooter made that was based of the saga as well. Here's a hint: Most of the soldiers look like Commander Cody :).

11. Nyte

Nyte Forerunner

Well, obviously getting the noob i quoted and making a Ironyte Remake. and some other sick co forge maps.

12. Gorg911

Gorg911 Forerunner

Actually, I'm surprised that noone has guessed this yet, or maybe someone has and I'm sorry for repeating it, but he is obviously talking about star wars battlefront. Shiny armour, jetpacks, it's pretty easy to guess

#152 Gorg911, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  13. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

This map idea is up for grabs, I'm going to make cloning facility (This design was inspired from cloning facility)

It is designed for conquest with no jetpacks...
    [​IMG]

14. Duckman620

Duckman620 Ancient

Damn you stole the idea right out of my head... lol doesnt matter im still gonna make a kamino type map but not for conquest, and mine will focus a lot on jetpacks and what not. But i am looking forward to seeing this map when its done.

15. Dark Swerk

Dark Swerk Ancient

I have many things in mind but I really have to play the game to see what I can make...
    I know this has been done before but not like I plan on building..
    It's simple really. The Roman Colosseum but instead of having people watch I will make it so that everyone is playing all at onces. If you have seen the movie gladiator I will be doing something like the scene were they fight in the Roman Colosseum for the first time. Due to the huge budget I am planning on being able to build a decent model not just a circle with huge walls. Like I said not much but just some idea I thought of. I am sure the limit to what we can build is endless. I would really like to see what people are going to start building when it comes out.

16. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Thread Stuck.

Any more single-idea threads will now be locked.

17. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

I am definately making a gigantic totally vertical map, for jetpacks only. Hopefully the custom powerups will allow for AA refilling.

18. JimmyBallax

JimmyBallax Forerunner

You can set one option to infinite AA anyway, so they'll never run out

19. CjayS42

CjayS42 Forerunner

I'd really like to try and make a map similar to Steel for team fortress 2 (or prehaps an exact remake)
    In Steel, there are 5 points help by RED which must be captured by BLU, A,B,C,D and E, where E is easily accessable from all points.
    Blu can either captured A-E in order, or at any point in the game make a rush attempt at capturing E
    Either way, BLU wins by capturing E.
    However, E becomes easier to capture the more points you have.

E is on a platform in a bottomless pit, with no means of access initially. So, only scouts can access it, by double jumping (so only jetpackers in reach can access it) As you capture more points, Things such as bridges appear, making E easier to capture.

It would be hard to remake, i was thinking of invasion, but i'm not sure if it's possible. It has great gameplay though, RED have to constantly watch 2 points at once (the next point in alphabetical order that they have and E) And BLU have to play it safe or attempt a rush

20. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

Sounds like a good game to me! We've seen that you can split a game in to different parts by completing an objective (kills, capture territory, capture flag) or by time (if the objective is not met) and that shield doors can be despawned and other objects spawned at those times so that sort of map is defiantly possible. Looks like a fun game for Invasion too (while still using the default gametype probably)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.