What Map Ideas Do You Have For Reach?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Spawn of Saltine, Jul 23, 2010.

?

Like it

Poll closed Sep 15, 2010.
  1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    72.6%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Needs Improvement

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

If you can have the option like in Race.
    -or-
    A Person-Only Death Teleporter as big as the map.
    -or-
    Soft Safty Zone on the floor of the map.

2. TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki Ancient

[​IMG]
    I thought to myself, why not?

3. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

you know that game you used to play in pools and stuff called redlight greenlight? where the person turned around and you started running, but when they faced you again you got sent to the back. well im going to give people armor lock and play that game, where they have unlimited armor lock and and the zombie is instakill with a machinegun.

4. Spawn of Saltine

Thats a really nice idea if you find some way to get a timed event where the person has a time limit between being able to shoot.

5. FuRrY321

FuRrY321 Forerunner

I just got another remake idea.

That level in Halo: CE where you have to cross that bridge in the underground chasm. You know, the one where you can blast pretty much everything with the tank? The one with two Hunters on the other side?

6. MrTwiggy101

MrTwiggy101 Ancient

Run Sea, Run! (Duck Hunt-Esque Idea)

Run Sea, Run! (Working Title)
    By: MrTwiggy1Q1

Hey, everyone. Just figured I'd post up my idea for a new map I'm hoping on doing soon on Halo: Reach. I was hoping some people could give me feedback and let me know what they think about it, good or bad.

I was hoping to have a Duck Hunt-Esque game but with different mechanics. So, it would be on Forge World. It would be an infection game, and you would have one person become a zombie, and that zombie would be stuck in a long 'hallway' room where they can see and shoot outside. There will be a very large platform that is in the form of a rectangle, and this is how it would work -->

[​IMG]

The blue box represents the long hallway-room that the initial zombie is trapped in with a sniper. And the areas represent the side that he can see out of and shoot out of.

The green boxes represent 'Safe Zones'. The safe zones allow the humans to take a short break, re-group, formulate plans, switch out damaged mongeese for new ones, etc... I havn't devised how yet, but I would like to figure out a system that keeps them from lingering there for long. I was thinking of setting up fusion coils or a kill zone or something on a timer, so that if by Two Minutes they are still in the second safe zone, they get killed off.

The red boxes represent the fields. Players would start off on the right, and would recieve mongeese. Then, they have to drive across the field and make it to the next safe-zone without getting shot by the sniper. But there's more to it. Across the fields there are 'mines' represented by the yellow circles. That's not exactly how they will be placed, but just an example. I havn't decided yet, I was thinking about using the actual mines, but I doubt there are enough. Likely, I will place teleporters beneat the map, and extend the radius so it goes up onto the field and have pockets where if you hit the teleporter area or 'mine', then it will teleport you to an area that you die. It might teleport you really high so you fall and die from the height/drop, or it might put you in like a 'kill-box' where you cant move and the zombie can easily kill you. I'm not sure.

Anywho, so as you reach the new fields, it gets more difficult. The mines become larger, and the fields/bridges become thinner. Also, on the fields, there will be signs of the 'mines'. For example, on the first 'easiest' field, there will be lights or cones / tell-tale signs that there is a mine there. In the second, it will be less noticable, and in the third, it will be very hard to spot/invisible.

Also, I will have a large teleporter that encomposses the whole field on each one, that kills you, but set it to only teleport people that are off of mongooses. So that people can't cheat and run across, and also so that instead of just shooting you, the zombie can decide to shoot the wheels of the mongoose to flip you off and kill you.

It will take 3-shots from the sniper to kill you, and your health will not regenerate and neither will your shields. So if you get hit three times, you're out.

I would really like to hear any feedback, comments, advice, tips and ideas. I want to make this as enjoyable and entertaining as possible.

NOTE: Also, I'm going to make a box so that if you get hit/killed, there will be a spectator box and you can see what is going on. Or maybe just have you spectate, I'm unsure.

NOTENOTE: Also, incase some people don't know. If you reach the end, you will go through a teleporter where you can kill the zombie and win the round.

7. FORTR3SS

FORTR3SS Forerunner

1. Going to make a map based on the pit (Halo 3) with similar structres and spawn areas... just amped up and scaled for reach gameplay. (not a true remake, just based upon)

2. one of my favorite infection gametypes... FATKID!

3. messing with switches and other things to do.

8. TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki Ancient

I was thinking you could get some interesting launches out of a teleporter you could make it like the Duck hunt from Halo 3. Mark an area away from the zombies and have an area wide teleporter (easily seen of course) and have the mongooses spawn around it. Pick up speed go a different direction and such so when you shoot out of the teleporter in front of the zombies you are doing something different everytime. You could even have a second much larger tele a ways under the other that would 'catch' the escaped ducks and allow them to go again. The last one left earns big bucks and if more than one finnish the round they gain points too. Best out of I dunno how many rounds. Also think about two zombies not just one. That way they (The Zombies) have to be better than the other and it's like the two player duck hunt from the NES.

9. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Ancient

I've been primarily working over an idea based off the Cochinay gang hideout from Red Dead Redemption. Its hard to determine exactly how I should set it up in SketchUp without knowing the exact proportions of the items. Plus, I haven't used SketchUp or Forge since February.

I'm also surprised that no one has brought up the potential of remaking that map from Halo 1 that relied heavily on fall damage. Damnation I think? That was a bit pointless with Halo 2/3 but with fall damage back it could see a reasonable remake.

10. FuRrY321

FuRrY321 Forerunner

Hmm... maybe but I personally don't think I could pull of a remake well enough to be convincing. I AM making a giant tower map (though everyone seems to be doing one now), so maybe I'll look into doing a "fall damage" map. I think most people are actually more concerned with soft/hard kill zones than fall damage.

11. Teaco27

Teaco27 Ancient

There was a weekly update on Bungie.net or something a while ago talking about the creation of Halo 3's The Pit. It referred to how originally it was going to be a giant BTB map. I don't think I could pull it off, but someone should try to make something similar to that map it would be awesome. Unfortunately I can't find the article but it had pics of the layout and such. If anyone can find that article let me know.

Edit: Found it, http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=Pit_Postmortem. There's a lot of info in there. if anyone reads through and is willing to do it let me know.

#411 Teaco27, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  12. Alucard

Alucard Forerunner

Somehow, this was surprising, I didn't even consider it, but glad someone else is gonna make it, cause I don't have enough time on my hands.

13. MrTwiggy101

MrTwiggy101 Ancient

Alright, thanks for the ideas :)

14. killllllll11488

killllllll11488 Ancient

That's why I want someone else to do it. Besides I cant remember it very good, I just remember that it was awsome.

Edit: Also, LESS THAN THREE WEEK EARLY PARTY FOR REACH COMING OUT.

#414 killllllll11488, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  15. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

Working up some designs for my beach map.
    Wreckage and such will be incorporated for a nice "crashed" setting.

16. Sgt Surchin

i kinda like the title. you should keep it as is. also, you probably wouldnt be have to add some curves to the track.

17. FuRrY321

FuRrY321 Forerunner

It's too bad we can't put down already-destroyed vehicles. That would work pretty well for a "flaming wreckage/crashed" setting.

18. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

it would look kind of cheesy and wouldnt work well with the forerunner objects.

19. TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki Ancient

U.N.S.C. Argyle's Fate: Map 4
    Crashed Infected Cruiser: Map 5

I'm thinking for the Crashed version of the fate to use vehicles spawned in kill balls every now and then to make smoke and fire in sections of the cruiser. Though where i will put the damned thing I am still having problems deciding. I'm thinking of making her crash in the gulch, but the coastline looks pretty good too, that way the water helps me hide some of it so less I have to build.

You could always see about putting the Kill ball near enough to destroy the vehicle but not so visible. It also adds a little creepiness to it when a car randomly re-explodes on you as you go by.

20. xMLGx InStINcTx

xMLGx InStINcTx Forerunner

yea i like it, I am making two maps right now, both called The River, the Version1.0 is on Sandbox. The River Version1.2 is on foundry, I might continue The River1.3 on Canyon, because that is the best theme for it. I have been sketchin' it up on on sketch up. Anyone reading this comment should I do a different map or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.