What Map Ideas Do You Have For Reach?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Spawn of Saltine, Jul 23, 2010.

?

Like it

Poll closed Sep 15, 2010.
  1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    72.6%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Needs Improvement

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killllllll11488

killllllll11488 Ancient

Someone needs to make a containment remake, that was the best Halo map evar!

2. zack2014

zack2014 Forerunner

Does anyone wanna help me make a POA type ship in forgeworld or "new forgeworld" that ppl are talking about. PM me with an aesthetic map that you have made. BTW my GT= zack2014 also leave your gamertag

One of my maps is the UNSC Fate

#382 zack2014, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  3. FuRrY321

FuRrY321 Forerunner

sorry zach, I know this sounds silly but I don't do well co-forging. I always have these great ideas in my head, but then, when I try to make a map, my so-called "friends" keep deleting all the carefully constructed pieces.

Anyways, I have many ideas, but I'm going to complete Campaign before I do anything. Here are just a few:

1. A KOTH Coliseum map where one player drives around a Warthog on a bridge above everybody else, with the hill following along underneath it.

2. An extremely tall tower in the middle of the Island, with bridges every few levels leading to gigantic rock bases placed all around.

3. A paintball-esque map on the Island, with two buildings with multiple rooms and bunkers making up the bases. The reason I say "paintball-esque" is because the picture I have in my head reminds me of outdoor paintballing with my friends, where we had to attack the other team, who was holed up in small abandoned house.

4. IH8YourGamerTag

IH8YourGamerTag Forerunner

going to build the commercial shipping vessel "Nostromo" from Alien (1979) for an Aliens gametype I am planning. 3 decks, lots of tunnels, should make a good infection game.
    A deck
    [​IMG]
    B deck
    [​IMG]
    C deck
    [​IMG]

#384 IH8YourGamerTag, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  5. TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki Ancient

Sweet that can go with my hadley's hope map. I'm also working on an aliens Gametype as well, but more for Aliens than Alien.

6. IH8YourGamerTag

LOL that's funny. I'm going for the first one cause i read you can spawn players with flamethrowers in reach, which first the first movie rather well.....

so what is your gametype like? i'm thinking of trying limited respawns so its possible for the humans to "survive"

#386 IH8YourGamerTag, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  7. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

I don't think there's going to be flamethrowers in Reach mister..

8. IH8YourGamerTag

I read somewhere its still in forge.... fairly sure. and they said you can now spawn with ANY weapon, including the 3rd person big ones (flame, turret, missle pod, etc)

9. TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki Ancient

But what we are getting at there are no missile pods, flame throwers and the like. Just plasma and turret. To our knowledge anyway.

10. IH8YourGamerTag

you might be right, in which case my idea goes out the window. I guess i could give everyone the beam rifle :(

we'll have to see. we haven't been in custom games settings fiddling around so we don't know for sure

11. TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki Ancient

b-beam rifle.... the focus rifle... No better yet the new brute shot thing.

I SHALL MAKE A Red Dwarf Map! Yes! Everyone gets bazookoids and they run around trying to kill the gelf before it spawns more! yes yes yes!

Hey thanks for the idea!~ Smeghead!

12. St. Burke

St. Burke Ancient

They took out so many heavy weps, i guess the plasma cannon replaces missile pod, but everyone knows covenant weapons look gay

13. TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki Ancient

Just because they are long smooth and shoot white stuff that splashes over everyone doesn't make them gay... it's the fact they are purple. That's what makes tem gay.

14. FuRrY321

FuRrY321 Forerunner

Ah, but the Concussion Rifle is red, like the Revenant.

15. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

the revenant is badass. im going to make a minigame incorporating the revenant somehow.

16. killllllll11488

killllllll11488 Ancient

So, no one thinks containment was awesome?

And someone should make a reach info thread that shows everything we know about Reach so far, because I didn't know about half this stuff.

#396 killllllll11488, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  17. FuRrY321

FuRrY321 Forerunner

Unfortunately, I never got to play Containment. The reason being I only had H2 for so long before my 360 broke, and then I had to send it in. The one I received had the "corrupted files; please redownload map packs" error, which my neighbour also has/had. But, if somebody could remake it, I would be very grateful, so then I could finally play one of Halo 2's biggest maps.

18. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

if you want to, go for it. it will take forever.

19. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

New Tremor and Mouse

Infection uses the Revenant.
    Humans use the Mongooses.
    Have them spawn on the vehicles and you can only be off for like 5 seconds.
    The Infection needs to knock over the Humans without shooting.

20. FuRrY321

FuRrY321 Forerunner

How would that even work? :?
    I mean, I know Reach is like, Halo 3 x100 on steroids, but can you even make them spawn on Mongooses? I know you probably can for Race, but...
    and how would you keep them on there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.