What Map Ideas Do You Have For Reach?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Spawn of Saltine, Jul 23, 2010.

?

Like it

Poll closed Sep 15, 2010.
  1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    72.6%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Needs Improvement

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11 Ancient

That one castle from Lord of The Rings everybody always remakes, a racetrack that takes hours just to complete a single lap, a puzzle where your main goal is to escape the island, a Border Patrol where the guards must avoid letting anybody off the island, massive BTB maps, real space battles, and others that will stay in my head until the moment comes.

2. stickmanmeyhem

stickmanmeyhem Ancient

A map where one person spawns in the Coliseum with a falcon that has a hill placed on it. The rest of the people spawn on the other side of forgeworld with banshees. Random floating platforms/weapon caches/pieces of "Air Cover".

3. TheGreatBrownie

TheGreatBrownie Ancient

Imagine this. A long, narrow ramp. At the top, a KillBall sits. The KillBall has Normal physics, meaning it can roll. Players spawn a little further down the ramp and have to run to the end, where a KotH marker sits.

4. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

INDIANA JONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/jk mine is a secret. But it will be unprecedented. Its brilliant if i do say so myself ;D

5. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

You know what would probably be easier than listing all the things we could do in Forge World?
    Listing all the things we can't do in Forge World! Lets go!

Yay! We did it! A complete list of all the things we can't do in Forge World!

I think we need to dig through old forum posts and bring back some old ideas that people had for Halo 3 maps but couldn't quite pull off. I know I've had ideas which never got passed being scribbled on a piece of paper because they just weren't possible in Halo 3.

Space Race! Race lets you spawn in a vehicle (maybe other gametypes do, then it wouldn't have to be a Race), just you have everyone in Banshees or Falcons, the Player Volume over the water and checkpoints scattered throughout the air with lots of asteroids!

6. Alligator88

Alligator88 Forerunner

I plan on remaking Cold Storage and Narrows and a few other ideas I wasn't able to do with the Halo 3 Forge.

7. Random1

Random1 Forerunner

A level

A massive halo level, which is a big ring. people drive round in a mongoose as it gradually gets harder, and they have a zombie tryna infect them from a viewpoint, with a sniper to kill. if you complete the ring the zombie dies or sumin

8. Spawn of Saltine

YES. Halo ring levels were my favorite from halo 3. I'm excited to see what the community can come up with involving these.

9. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

You should give that puzzle idea to Buddha Crane. The story is that you have been stuck in Forge World and you need to escape. After going through a series of increasingly challenging puzzles spanning across the island, you finally get to a Falcon and can escape the island. The only puzzle game with a backstory.

Personally I want to make Skyrail from James Bond Nightfire. I created a level inspired by Skyrail on the right side of Avalanche (looking from the base to the cliff), but I had to use a walkway instead of a moveable skyrail. I could start planning now as I recently picked up Nightfire for some nostalgia with my friends, but I'm too lazy and I have to work tonight.

10. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

A racetrack would be cool, but it must have a spiral around the tall island :p
    I bet everyone's planning to make some kind of huge map, just so as not to neglect the space available to them...
    It happened with Sandbox; look how many maps there are that try and connect the three levels. No doubt one of the first maps will be a giant Halo-style map, like someone suggested, except you have to teleport to get weapons to kill the zombie, and where you teleport to will inevitably be on the other side of the map or something...
    Does anyone know if having a map 'spread out' over more than one of the areas of Sandbox make the game any more laggy, or have any kind of negative effects?

11. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

No, ferrex said that they have a new technology called impostering that allows them to render far away objects and images very easily.

12. Alligator88

Alligator88 Forerunner

Actually,I plan on making a lot of really small maps in various parts of the map.Big maps can really ruin the pace of the game if they aren't made right.

13. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

How come I made the exact same thread first and you have 31 replies, I have 9... Lol
    I plan on making a KOH Slayer type of thing with vehicles.

14. WaxyPumpkin72

WaxyPumpkin72 Forerunner

Guardian.

15. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

Im thinking an Aircraft Carrier, or a Cruiseship.

16. LRMAN0989

LRMAN0989 Forerunner

I have a lot, but they are just sitting in my head right now (I have been writing them down since I woke up this morning...). But all of them will sit in a text document until Reach comes out :(

17. Mister man 1217

Mister man 1217 Forerunner

I want to try a map that is a mix of Narrows, Accension, and MLG Onslaught.

18. Spawn of Saltine

hmm now that you say it. If they made all those maps with forge objects, doesn't that mean we could take out parts we don't like?

[​IMG]
    Hate the Bases? Why not add in some different ones?

We could completely redesign the maps they gave us.

19. I use Javelins

I use Javelins Forerunner

I would probably build a few tower structures and natural rock overlooks around the 5 sections of the world, and then drop 16 people with sniper rifles and magnums in there in seperate corners. Everyone gets one life, no shields, and slow to charge active camo (to prevent over use). Teleporters interconnect all sections and send people to random receiver nodes throughout the world. Everyone gets one life. Last one standing wins.

I'd be intrigued to see the stealth tactics and survival instincts kick in to play with 16 camo'd snipers hunting for one another in a massive world.

To build further onto that, depending on the options available for the VIP gametype, everyone would be randomly assigned someone else to assassinate, so everyone is deliberately hunting someone else while they themselves are being hunted. Should make for some exciting games ;)

20. Kung Fu Jesus

Kung Fu Jesus Forerunner

I'm planning on making a giant duck that kills everything just by staring at whatever it's going to kill and yelling, "Bang," in a really deep voice.

Oh, and Foundry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.