What Map Ideas Do You Have For Reach?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Spawn of Saltine, Jul 23, 2010.

?

Like it

Poll closed Sep 15, 2010.
  1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    72.6%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Needs Improvement

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benji

Benji Ancient

Pallet Parade.

2. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

My Invasion idea:

Phase 1:
    The Loadouts for Phase 1:
    Name/weapons/AA
    Spartans: Scout/DMR/Sprint
    Assault/AR,Magnum/EMP Pulse
    CQB/Shotgun/Power Fist
    Elites:
    Warden/Needler Rifle/Camo
    Guard/ Plasma Repeater/Evade
    Destroyer/Concussion Rifle/Evade (The CR can redirect rockets)

The Spartans would Start a little while away from the main base near a outpost the elites control. Their job is to secure that outpost and then move on to the next phase. After they have taken the outpost they should proceed to get into the vehicles the UNSC Command has dropped into the battle field; 2 Mongooses, 1 Warthog, and 1 Falcon. Be advised, these don't respawn. They then proceed to take the next outpost.

Phase 2:
    Phase 2 Loadouts:
    Spartans: Scout/DMR,AR/Jet Pack
    Heavy/AR, Grenade Launcher/Ammo Pack
    CQB/Shotgun,AR/Armor Lock
    Elites:
    Royal Warden/Needler Rifle,Needler/Ammo Pack
    Royal Guard/Plasma Repeater,Needler/Evade
    Royal Destroyer, Concussion Rifle, Plasma Repeater/ Drop Shield or Ammo Pack

The Spartans will have grabbed their vehicles by now. They now will spawn at that outpost. Now they must drive to the next area. They will be heavily under fire by enemy turrets and vehicles. The elites will have 2 revenants and 1 ghost you must destroy. If you look around the area long enough you may find an abandoned covenant vehicle with a Plasma Cannon near it (The one that sticks.)

To take out the turrets you will want use the grenade launcher and then invade the outpost with the CQB Loadout because it will be inside of a large building. Once you get to the top of the building and take the area then 2-3 Falcons, 1 Rocket Launcher, and a couple of Snipers will be dropped on the roof.

Phase 3:
    Phase 3 Loadouts:
    Spartans:
    Scout/DMR,Target Locater/Jet Pack
    Sniper/Sniper,DMR/Ammo Pack
    Grenadier/Grenade Launcher, AR/Power Fist
    CQB/Shotgun,AR/Armor Lock
    Elites:
    Destroyer/Needler Rifle, Concussion Rifle/Ammo Pack
    Holy Warden/Focus Rifle,Needler Rifle/Evade
    Holy Guard/Plasma Repeater, Needler Rifle/Camo
    Holy Leader/Plasma Launcher,Needler/Evade (will have a class limit if possible)

Now the Spartans are on the roof. The next base is a little while away so that is why both teams get snipers. The Elites now control a larger base. The spartans must work their way down fromm the roof. They then grab the warthogs that have been spawned behind the building (that is if their not in a falcon.) They have to work their way into the base grab the objective and make it too the roof for extraction.

Also if anyone wants recognition for Invasion Map Ideas post in my new thread specificly for Invasion Ideas.

3. Hat

Hat Guest

Reminds me of that one halo 2 map. I forget what its called, but that map would be perfect for this if forge was available in halo 2. It might be easier to make this in halo 3 because of the pallets, but halo reach might have them.

4. Sparky09

Sparky09 Forerunner

5. POCHATKA

POCHATKA Forerunner

My Map/Game Idea

GAMETYPE: Fatal Conflict (Team Slayer Invasion Variant)
    MAP: Bloodshed (Blood Gulch Variant)
    NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 15 v 15
    ROLES: Swordsman (Unlimited), Knight (5), Assassin (1), Archer (2), Wizard (1), Scout (3), Cleric (1), Warlord (1)
    OVERVIEW: The two teams start at opposite sides, one Elite, on Spartan. Everybody chooses their class, which are limited. Everyone wields Energy Swords, but they don’t necessarily kill in one hit. Each class has a different Armor Ability/attack strength. The Warlord only becomes available 75% of the way through the game and has a cooldown in-between uses. First to 200 wins.
    Swordsman: Energy Sword, No Grenades, No Armor Ability, Regular Sword Damage, Regular Shields
    Knight: Energy Sword, No Grenades, Armor Lock (shortened length/use), Regular Sword Damage, Regular Shields
    Assassin: Energy Sword, No Grenades, Active Camo (shortened length/use), Strong Sword Damage, Weak Shields
    Guard: Energy Sword, 3 Plasma Grenades, No Armor Ability, Reduced Sword Damage, Regular Shields
    Wizard: Energy Sword, 3 Plasma Grenades, Jetpack (Extended length/use), Reduced Sword Damage, Weak Shields
    Scout: Energy Sword, No Grenades, Sprint/Evade, Regular Sword Damage, Regular Shields
    Cleric: Energy Sword, No Grenades, Drop Shield, Very Reduced Sword Damage, Weak Shields
    Warlord: Energy Sword, 3 Plasma Grenades, Armor Lock, Strong Sword Damage, Strong Shields, Immune to Assassinations
    I'm not expecting to be able to do ALL of this as it would require quite a bit of control, but hopefully with Reach Forge we can get somewhere close.

#245 POCHATKA, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  6. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

not gonna happen dude, player cap is 16, not 30.

7. POCHATKA

POCHATKA Forerunner

Is that all you read into the post? And yes, I'm aware of the 16 person cap but is it confirmed for Reach if it is still 16? Not that I am expecting 30, but who knows, maybe they expanded.

8. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

You should rename the Archer class. Doesn't sound right if it has a sword

9. POCHATKA

POCHATKA Forerunner

Will do, sir

10. Deadlyfluffball

Deadlyfluffball Forerunner

[​IMG] Sorry for it being so small.

11. Sgt Surchin

i had a great idea for my first halo reach map. ok, so from what i understand from the layout of the reach forge map, two canyons almost parallel angled towards each other and a small island on the water. my idea was to have a base on each cliff of the canyons with bridges angled towards each other. but wait theres more! the two bridges after meeting each other continue to the surface of the water. each base is equipped with large vehicles with the bridges being large enough to hold them. while knowing that there is a budget, (all generic would be impossible with the object limit) each of the 4 bridges will have to be different, so each base will be indigenous to each bridge. so to sum it all up: one base on each man made island that i create, one base on each canyon's edge, guard rails on the bridge, four different teams, meeting in the center of the four bridges with the hill in the center of the bridges.

12. humanity

humanity Forerunner

A zombie map on the Island.

13. sargemeister

sargemeister Forerunner

I am posting this idea because i would need help forging it.

My plan is a map based on the space battle at the
    begining of Halo 2. You know the one with the covenant
    bringing the spiky bombs on to the UNSC ships?

However, it will be primarily a space battle with about
    3 UNSC ships(spartan) and about 3/4 Covenant ships
    (Elites). The ships will be fairly large, with a hangar, top deck,
    weapon room, and bomb planting/bomb spawn points.
    edit(2 ships for each team)

Players will traverse the map using jetpacks/banshees
    and one vulture per team.
    Edit infinite/expanded jetpack and multiple banshees/falcons on both teams
    also i will have fixed shade/gause turrets.

All the ships will be fixed in the air with some scenery
    (thrusters ect.) to make them look more realistic.

The only traversable opening on the ships will be the hangars,(edit entrance
    only opening on top of main deck)
    however the Main Decks will have firing slits and windows on
    to the battlefield.

The Game Type will be assault, with the elites being offense
    and spartens being defense. there will be a bomb spawn point in
    each covenent ship and a bomb plant point on each UNSC ship.

The starting weapons would be DMR for spartans and Needle
    Rifles for Elites, The armories on spartan ships would each have
    a respawnable rocket launcher, grenade launcher, and sniper rifle.
    The Elite armories will have a respwnable focus rifle and 2 respawnable
    plasma pistols. each armory(both sides) will have one non-respawnable
    Spartan Laser. edit(No spartan lasers in armories there will be one
    non-respawnable spartan laser on a neutral asteroid.)edit(jetpacks will be included in elite
    armories.)

The primary objective for Spartans is to protect there ships from being
    blown up. The elites objective (depending on options available on Assault
    game types) will be to destroy one, all, or as many aas possible of the
    sparten ships.

I am still unclear as to wether i would like to have two rounds (switching sides on second) or keeping it to one round. I also am not sure of the gametypes exact
    player settings or on what the round timeshould be.

If you have any suggestions to enhance my idea, or if you would like to
    help, then say so!

#253 sargemeister, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  14. tyggerr

tyggerr Forerunner

@sargemeister : I wouldn't place so many ships, maybe 2 or 3, because having more ship would split the action. So for each ship you add there is less action in the other one.

I wouldn't put a Spartan Laser simply because it ruins the vehicule game. Even more if there is only one way out of each ship.... You just have to shoot at it and nobody will be able to get out...

You should make at least two ways to enter each ship, so you can't just camp the Hangar with the rocket and destroy everything that enter.

#254 tyggerr, Aug 6, 2010
  15. sargemeister

sargemeister Forerunner

Yes i originally wanted more ships so if one was destroyedd (bomb pointbown up) you could still defend, but ithink now that 4 total ships would probably be better.

On the spartan laser, i really want to put itin, but i think one on eveery ship would be to much, maybe one non respawning spartan laser on a neutral asteroid? it wouldnt ruin gameplay too much as its only a total of 5 shots and you could snipe peaple trying to reach it.

On the hangar camping, i debated on a soft kill zone, but i think a opening on the top ofthe top deck for coming in (not out) would be better

I edited my first post to show my changes to the plan thank you tyggerr.

#255 sargemeister, Aug 6, 2010
  16. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

*Spartans...
    Also I think that'd be cool. Also their Falcons not Vultures... And you can Have 8, 2 for each ship...
    You should make it so you have infinite jetpack power there.

17. sargemeister

sargemeister Forerunner

i will make it infinite jets i was worried about having so many vul..falcons because they were so much more powerful than the banshees, should i completely remove banshees for falcons and jets on both sides?

18. Scobra

Scobra Ancient

I plan on taking the default Hemorrhage map and making it more pedestrian friendly by adding more structures and rocks to make it more city like and such. After wards, I'll name it Scab.

That's about it really. I won't change the bases or the default weapon or vehicle layout too much so people who have played Hemorrhage will know where most of the weapons are and will at least have some knowledge of the map going into it so they don't feel totally gimped when playing it for the first time. Though that doesn't mean I won't add new weapons to it.

As for structures, I'll definitely make the map more 'vertical' so the jetpack will get more use and so people won't get too ****ed up by vehicles when using the default AR/Pistol start.

19. tyggerr

tyggerr Forerunner

We don't know if the Falcons will still be more powerful than the Banshee in Halo Reach, for now I would say that you could place like 2 Falcon for the UNSC And maybe 2 or 3 for the Covenant with some Banshee. To balance things you could add some AA turrets on the UNSC ships, like fixed Warthog Gauss or any other vehicules that could do so.

And for the information we got I think you won't be able to use Soft kill zone to prevent camping, because if you enter a Soft kill zone for 3 secondes, then you have 7 secondes left? Right? But when you'll come back in the zone it will still be 7 seven secondes left, that what people where saying, It don't know if it has been confirmed, but I wouldn't rely on it.

An idea I got : Instead of making it Infinite Jetpack, you could place part of UNSC broken ships everywhere between the ship, so you could jump from one piece to one other with the jetpack, and you could place some weapon so it risky for people to gets those weapon, like your idea for the Spartan Laser. But I liked your overall idea.

#259 tyggerr, Aug 6, 2010
  20. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

The Main point of this map is to play on My gametype KOTH Destruction. As you can see it has 4 levels. The gametype maximizes hectic combat and the map makes it even more compllicated as there are ony 2 ways to get down from a level, Jump or walk. You DO take fall damage, you will die if jump from too far up. The weapons the map will probably include shotguns, AR's, Magnums, Snipers, and other weapons of the type. There most likely will be NO or FEW DMR's. Ranged weapons would take away from the point of trying to get to the hill as fast as possible. There will be 1 Sniper. The team that gets it first will have the advantage if they manage to get to the higher levels.
    Any suggestions? Please post your ideas.

How the gametype works:
    How to gain points:
    1 kill=5 points
    Contested Hill Control=5 points per second
    Uncontested Hill Control= 15 Points per second.

How to lose points:
    Suicide=1 point
    Betrayal=3 points
    Every second you are out of the hill you lose 1 or 3 points. (Still trying to decide)

Hill Traits:
    You have 10% Sheild Decay
    You turn Purple
    You have less health
    What you want to do:
    Run to the hill Immidiately unless you have other teamates running there.
    Try to avoid detours
    This will be hectic try avoiding ranged weapons
    You want to use Cloak or Decoy
    You might also want to use jetpacks because of the multiple levels
    You do take fall damage
    Lose less points to get to the hill faster by jumping down but lower health is a loss.

Debates on the gametype:
    Lose points for every second out of the hill. What should be the amount of Points?
    Should Sheilds Recharge?
    In the next map should their be vehicle hills:

Also why is this thread stickied??? Mine was made before (Ithink) and mine is organized. I organized every Idea into the OP so people didn't have to go past many pages to see the Ideas... Just saying... No offence...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.