What is your first creation on Sandbox?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by GD27 BlueDevil, Feb 13, 2009.

1. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

Hey good people of FH!

I was just reading the Bungie.net weekly update and I was intriqued by the idea of having 3 different styles to work with on Sandbox. I think Bungie has just come through for us guys.

You can build an amazing vehicular battlefield for splatter sprees and multiflag using the regular Sandbox space. You can build the ultament reimagination of Lockout or Ascention for competitive slayer games and tactical objectives using the skybubble. Or you could build a creepy infection map or doubles paradise using the newly revealed Crypt.

I was just wondering what the first masterpieces of the "foundry on staroids" will be. So what is your first kill house design your going to create on Sandbox?

I will definately start with a symmetrical multiflag objective game. If anybody remembers my map SpaceAge, which was made quite some time ago, I will build a rocket such as that and use it to block off lines of sight. It would be very cool to create something high tech like that whith such a barren, sandy landscape. Plus the idea of being in the air (using the skybox) will give it a space feel too.

Be sure to include the the Sandbox style, gametypes, what is going to standout and just about anything else you want.

2. DimmestBread

DimmestBread Ancient

I don't know if I will be forging on sandbox any time soon as I don't forge much anymore because of soccer. I'll probably make a map with tanks on it though if I get the chance.

3. cakeChart

cakeChart Ancient

I plan to start with Narrows 2 up in the sky box.

4. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I have no idea what I am going to make. I'll probably just go in and start forging and something will happen. I'll probably start in the skybubble because I hate blocking off maps.

5. Blackness

Blackness Ancient

I wouldn't have a clue, but I'm really exited about it coming out.
    First I'll probably just check out what's in scenery, then something will hopefully come to me.

6. ForgeGod117

ForgeGod117 Ancient

I don't know about you guys but I have a crazy MLG map using the top third f the crypt. I plan on really taking advantage of the crypts architecture. Angled walls are perfect for my idea. I am going to include curved architecture with pillars and most floor area will be angled. It doesn't sound like much but I think it could have a lot of potential.

7. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

Vehicle focused CTF map, but since I want to bend it to a not-quite U shape, I'm gonna probably use the sky-bubble rather than the middle.

8. Mulah

Mulah Ancient

I plan to make a rodeo style minigame in the skybox, a guy in a scorpion in the middle, and mongooses riding around it in a circle trying to stay alive. I'm not sure what to do with the crypt area, but it looks good for some crazy infection games, where the survivors have to reach the outside world. I look forward to forging this map, and I cant wait until it comes out!

9. haruki jitsunin

haruki jitsunin Ancient

A skybox level... I had a level I really wanted to create in foundry, but the lack of death by falling and the necessity to block it in using walls kind of slowed my completion of it. really, though, I'm all excited. I wonder, though, what will the invisible ceiling be on the skybox.

10. stickmanmeyhem

stickmanmeyhem Ancient

A new version of my clan meeting chamber

11. HaterSkater15

HaterSkater15 Ancient

I can't really say what I will make, but I will think of something to built. Maybe just a plain slayer map to start things off.

12. Debo37

Debo37 Ancient

I'm going to earn my title back and make the best floating map ever made. It will be a balanced asym (meaning it plays specifically for Symmetrical gametypes despite the fact that it has an asymmetric layout) based on establishing vertical control of two very vulnerable key regions. Hopefully I can effectively balance these regions with each other so that it's possible to conquer them easily and control of them shifts throughout the duration of a game.

Plus, I'm doing a coforge with Muskrat01 in the Crypt, but I am not at liberty to reveal details. :O

13. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

O snap! That title will be harder to earn back now that you don't have to save/quit every piece of geometry. I'll be working on a map up in the sky bubble that feels different than most "sky" maps. Watch out!

14. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Two giant lolcats.
    Ceiling cat, and Basement cat. CTF, Assault, and Territories.
    Hells yeah.

15. TrioEnzyme

TrioEnzyme Ancient

I'm going be making a SANDCASTLE and it shall be epic, with turrets, an underground tunnel system and little sniper slits.

16. Debo37

Debo37 Ancient

I look forward to some friendly competition!
    *cough*DtLsux*/cough*

17. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

The Douche Room. All Spawns inside of a killball.

18. TheRayzerTag

TheRayzerTag Ancient

I'm working on two projects right now. I figured that one of them can only be achieved in Sandbox, and I'm halfway making the other in Foundry, but I might switch to Sandbox.

19. Yekkou

Yekkou Yellow, but with "kk"s

I'm probably going to make a Re-Make of "Facing Worlds" for all you who know what that is. It's the classic UT (Unreal Tournament) CTF map. It'll have everything exactly how it was in the original, and maybe some tweaks here and there ;)

20. Insane117

Insane117 Ancient

i plan to create a emotional wrecking puzzle map with death traps useing those kill balls and ect....