What instrument do you play?/Band Music Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by redearth, Oct 13, 2009.

?

What instrument do you play?

1. Guitar

65.6%
  2. Piano

25.0%
  3. Flute

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Violin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clarinet

6.3%
  6. Trumpet

6.3%
  7. Saxaphone

15.6%
  8. Beritone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Tuba

6.3%
  10. Percussion

12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. spartin2000

spartin2000 Ancient

Tell them their not real guitarists, real guitarists know what scales and chords are and should know the basics just playing smoke on the water doesn't make them real guitarists it just makes them wannabes that think they know how to play. anyways anybody can learn smoke on the water in 5 min. like I did. just don't get me started otherwise i can't stop talking or ugh typing.

2. FreshLegend

FreshLegend Ancient

i agree with B and C. I can read music but i have friends that could probably play circles around you and they only read tabs. that has nothing to do with skill or playing the guitar itself. it just helps.

3. SRC48

SRC48 Ancient

I for one think reading music has nothing to do with the skill of the player... Angus young doesn't read music, neither do most of the worlds greatest players. Who needs it? Guitar is actually harder to read music and play efficiently because the notes often dip way below the lines(for lack of knowledge of the true name) and you'd have to train your eye to the specific notes...
    Screw that, thank you tabs...

4. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

I play Guitar. I can read notes and everything, just so you guys don't think I'm phony. I was the guitar player in my High School Jazz Band for a year. I played the valve Trombone in my other years in Jazz Band.

As for concert band, I played the Saxaphone my 7th grade year. The teacher bumped me up to the "best" band in a matter of 4 months because I guess I got pretty good. After that, I decided to try something new, so I switched over to the Tuba and fell in love with it instantly. I played that throughout my whole time at High School.

Dayum right!

#44 Yeti, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  5. Security

Security Ancient

So I was gonna be in my school jazz band this year, but it's run by the band director. I am in the school orchestra and never talk to the band director. So now I find out that another bassist has took my position on the jazz band. A bassist who is younger than me, is worse than me, and isn't even in the school orchestra! But, now I get to be in the jazz band of the other middle school in my school district.

6. noklu

noklu Ancient

I play the trumpet and the French horn. I like to play jazz music, but in my jazz bands we also play some more contemporary music. (rock style etc.)
    On the French Horn I play in a concert band playing contemporary and classical music.

Whoever says it is hard to produce a good tone on the trumpet is lying.

7. XxSpix

XxSpix Ancient

I can play guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. On Rock Band...

In all srsns I do play guitar. I have a low quality thing, and my friend has a Van Halen style Stratacaster. Very sexy

8. InnerSandman13

InnerSandman13 Ancient

I myself am a percussionist. I enjoy playing Mallet percussion, Timpani, and Snare Drum.

9. Soyance

Soyance Forerunner

Eb Alto Saxophone ;) Im a beast... oh yeah