WHAT IF.....

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by pinecone2654, Feb 12, 2008.

1. pinecone2654

pinecone2654 Ancient

What if Bungie made a simple gigantic box with a budget of 2,000 and higher spawn allowances? would you buy it for 1,000 points? or wait like a year for it to be free?

2. gorebound

gorebound Ancient

Trying to get our posts up are we?

1000 points is to much for a single map, and I haven't used Foundry to it's limit yet.

3. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

1,000 MS Points= $12.50

I guess....... kinda pointless thread though......................

4. SniperTofu

SniperTofu Ancient
    Banned

[​IMG]

5. Nate the Gate

Nate the Gate Ancient

It's not a matter of cost that makes a map like that available, it's a matter of data processing. Bungie didn't put in Budgets and item limits just to annoy people and laugh at their pathetic attempts to make maps uber phail. They put them there to prevent people from making maps with so much crap that the game drops to 20 frames per minute, takes up your entire hard drive to save, then makes your Xbox explode destroying all life in a 20 mile radius.

...Ok maybe that last part isn't true....

But really, Bungie isn't just a bunch of mean retarded people, they put in those limits for a reason.

6. David 118

David 118 Ancient

but its really funny but your right limits are there for a reason and a blank box that could be filled with thoasands of things is unreasonable and the next best thing is a blank box that you can put a few things in and surprise surprise thats foundry which can hold alot more than most other maps anyway.

7. Running Chron

Running Chron Ancient

Turian and David are right ~ but to answer your question "yes" i would buy it!

8. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

I would buy it also.

9. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

Even if they but the ability to put in eight banshees and 4 hornets(letting me finally build the sky pirates map thats rotting my brain as we speak)
    i still would nt py 1000 points for it

10. pinecone2654

pinecone2654 Ancient

Okay, so drop the budget down to 500 points... I suggested 1000 points because it would be like sticking your hand in a bowl full of turanulas for 1000 dollars. IDK... Also, I understand what you mean about processing power (but I didn't think of that when I said 50 double boxes) , and I know that the bungie staff isn't a bunch of arsyfaces, but I would like to be able to make bigger structures without using up half of my budgt or all of my double-boxes.....

11. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

hey if they made the map viable as maybe a standoff sized foundry so to speak id download it...altho it should probly come out in a map pack same as foundry did....though alot of people even believed the heroic map pack was bad value :squirrel_eyebrow:

12. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

All they'd have to do for me is re-release foundry but without the roof, the middle part, or the stupid ridge on the floor and i would still pay another 800 points for it.

13. Nate the Gate

Nate the Gate Ancient

The only people who thought the maps were overpriced were annoying prepubescent kids who don't have jobs and shouldn't even be allowed on Xbox live.

14. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

actually it was the people who noticed that the three new maps(which arent in matchmaking so are only good for custom games-dlc matchmakings a joke anyway,you only have the prepubescents-)
    cost a fifth of the games full value.which when you look at it that way seems kinda pricey for something like that,specially since the main map people will actually use is foundry

i for one bought the maps anyway but i do agree with the statement

15. robo2345

robo2345 Ancient

hi i am just wondering if you think it would be a good idea to make an elevator map in forge by using the glitch with the energy shield and grav lifts

16. wizardofsuoz

wizardofsuoz Ancient

no instead they should have a long flat floor with no walls or ceiling. there should also be a function to create a wall, and then drag it out so it grows. also, your idea is too expensive, i would wait if they ever had such a thing

17. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

this isnt really the place mate but sure maps like that are great long as they arent the only thing on the map :)

18. pinecone2654

pinecone2654 Ancient

How does that glitch work? it sounds cool.

19. robo2345

robo2345 Ancient

How does that glitch work? it sounds cool.

steps to do it

one spawn a grav lift inside the box
    two spawn a deployable cover
    three put the deployable cover over the energy shield

the deployable cover hits the roof and the gav lift keeps pushing it up until it reaches the maps hight limit

20. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

Yeah... I guess I would buy it.......... but the budget doesn't matter.