What Happened to the Old Gears of War Enemies?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by EpicFishFingers, Mar 19, 2009.

1. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

For example, Kryll and Berserkers aren't in GoW2. How come? I loved the Kryll...

And the beserkers were fun to kill too, especially on the train on Act 5.

2. Fastforward

Fastforward Ancient

Officially the Kryll were all killed by the Light Mass Bomb you set off on the train.

I'm not sure about Berserker. I haven't heard anything official about them but I would think that they were either wiped out like the Kryll or the Locust no longer use them in battle because of a lessened population because of the bomb.

If anyone has a link to an official statement about the Berserkers, please post it. I'd love to know.

3. Coolant

Coolant Ancient

I was really looking forward to one in GoW 2. Any time there was a large open area with not a lot of cover, I walked really slowly anticipating a cutscene introducing one, but it never came..

Disappointed, I was.

4. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

i assume there are no berserkers because they are just female locust, and they need more reproduction for their assault as a result of the lightmass bomb.

wait how do locusts procreate?

5. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

Why do you want to know :S

But yeah, the lightmass bombing does make sense. I do miss the old enemies, and the ol' lambent wretches. I wish they were back, it stops the chainsaw-fests.

6. allnamesrtakent

allnamesrtakent Ancient

yep, someone says in one of the last missions in gears 2 how the lightmass bomb destroyed all the "kryll breeding grounds".

beserkers are females, so maybe they are all pregnant in gears 2? maybe they all simultaneously go into heat only once every 10 years? who knows? it doesnt keep me up at night, although now that ive thought about it, maybe it will...

7. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

Well berserkers i think were taken out of the game by choice on the developers side.

Overall i think they were "replaced" by the extra variety in the boomer-ish enemies.
    I personally though the berserkers being only killable by one weapon alone was annoying.
    I felt had to carry a hammer the whole time even while it was useless and while some bits with the berserker were fun puzzles(that one with the windows) i'm quite happy to just be facing the regular die by bullets form of locust

8. cyberwaste6996

cyberwaste6996 Ancient

If I remember correctly, on the bonus disc that came with the limited edition one of the guys said they didn't put them in cause they wanted people to have a fresh experience and not feel like they are playing Gears 1.5. If not on the disc then in an interview.