What environment do you want in a new forge world?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Rsvi Etzudee, Oct 11, 2011.

?

What environment do you want in a new forge world?

1. Sand

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  2. Snow

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  3. Ocean

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. Forest

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. Rainforest

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  6. Plains

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  7. Mountains

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  8. Other (Please tell)

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  1. Rsvi Etzudee

Rsvi Etzudee Forerunner

Well, what do you want?

2. Confused Flamingo

Confused Flamingo Forerunner

I would very much like a covenant themed forge world.

We've had one human canvas and two forerunner canvases. It'd be nice to see something new for a change.

3. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

I WANT SNOW! Seriously, Im craving it. Breakpoint just wasn't enough.

4. Yobo

Yobo Forerunner

I want one at the beach with sand and trees, and some MOAR ROCKS.

5. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

all of the above + covenant

6. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Under water.

7. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Give me a real editor where you can make all of them. When you can texture and draw on blocks you made you can make anything you want.

A more limited snow forge for beginners would be fine, but I am starting to be frustrated at things like the non-editable terrain and the pointless barriers and kill zones around FW.

8. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

A grey Forerunner city. Yeah, that sounds about right.

9. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

If I have to pick just one, it would be snow. But personally I'm hoping they'll somehow find a way to let us do different environments - either with different Forge World-ish maps on the disc, or one big map segmented into multiple different environments, or something like that.

But yeah, again: just one choice? I'd take snow. Something about snow has always seemed quintessentially Halo-ish to me, and two of my very favorite maps (Lockout and Avalanche) were set in that environment. (Of course, one of my LEAST favorite maps - Snowbound - was also, but 66% success ain't bad.)

10. Rsvi Etzudee

Rsvi Etzudee Forerunner

I want a forging map pack with one snowy covenant world, and one sandy human world. A terrain editor would outmatch all forgeworlds, IMO.

11. robbieagray

robbieagray Forerunner

So why is HELL up here? XD

12. SPL4TTERMAN

SPL4TTERMAN Forerunner

I'd like a Desert type map, but with a few streams and Tempest-esque trees nearby to make an Oasi- That's a good map name, should write that down.

13. Minister Muffin

Minister Muffin Forerunner

Hmm... so many options. I picked snow, because personally, snow just seems right to me. The halo forerunner structures are based in 3 main locations: The mountains (We somewhat have, not really) Plain to cliff-like areas (many parts of Forge world) and snowy locations. Again, I said mostly, as far as we've seen. I'd love a game of Hemorrhage in a blinding snow storm where you can only see clearly 20 yards in front of you. Bungie did claim they were planning to put weather FXs into the game, but ran out of time. I would've been fine had bungie set the release date further back to mid october had they included weather FXs.

I'd love it if they gave us a snowy area, but a rainy area, a sandy area, and a water area would've been fine to me, as well.

14. firedrone8

firedrone8 Forerunner

snow. i love snow maps, and my personal wish for so long is for you not to be able to have eagle vision. A tool for snowing, and a tool to change the intensity of the snow.
    Snow is just a great element to have in maps, and there havent been any real snowy map for forge yet. avalcanche was more ice than snow.

15. pyro

pyro The Joker

somewhere where no one can hear you scream

16. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient

I would like a big box shaped warehouse. Just like foundry but symmetric, with flat walls that do not have glass in them and no bad lighting.

17. Boba Fett

Boba Fett Forerunner

I personally love to see an island chain that has several different environments. Like a desert island, a swampy island, a mountain with a snowy peak, and a volcanic island, BUT above all each Island should have a FLAT area around the size of the quarry.
    But hey that's just me.

18. Sgt Surchin

desert mountains or some sort of plateau would be pretty cool to have... it would add a nice, flat surface to work on and a theme that most of us are used to (sandbox).

19. Inferno

Inferno Forerunner

Ironically enough, I picked snow. I think it goes back to a game called Guild Wars from when I first started playing, the music in the snowy guild hall was so calming....I guess I just associated this nice calm feeling with snow...plus I live in Virginia, and it's just ****ing cold in the winter, no snow. Just god damn frigid, boring winters!

So, basically....the reason I picked snow was completely unrelated to Halo, but I would like a map as forgeable as....well, forge world, on a map like Avalanche, or just a snowy place in general. Though, everyone elses input is also within my interest. How about we just get them all?!

20. DavidJCobb

DavidJCobb Forerunner

Either an arctic human-themed environment, or a ruined city environment.

For the former, think of the aesthetics of StarCraft's Ice tileset with the atmosphere and mood of Halo 3's Narrows. For the latter -- Ghost Town.