What Do You Want In A City Map?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Artickill, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Artickill

Artickill Forerunner

Hey, as of now I am working on a city that is near the coast. I want to know what you guys would like in a city. Also think about the budget too (becuase you cannot make alot of tall buildings in forge).

2. Carter1234

Carter1234 Forerunner

Hmm.

Hmm. I want at least 2 medium tall buildings in the center (like downtown), I want houses to represent neighborhoods, I want a car dealership in which you can get civlilan vehicles from, I want a lab where alien vehicles and weapons are located, I want a gun shop where some of the smaller guns and power-ups are located (Magnums, Assault Rifles, sprint, armor lock), I want a police station where some of the bigger vehicles (Tanks, Falcons, Rocket Warthogs) and guns (Spartan lasers, grenades, Sniper Rifles) and power-ups (Jet Pack, Evade, Active Camo) are located (put a one way shield around them so it cant be reached easily, but can still be reached), I want random vehicles like mongooses and regular warthogs stationed around the streets, I want at least one condemned building thats really hard to get to, with lots of goodies inside (Spartan Lasers, Rocket Launchers) as well as dangers (Land Mines, One Way Shields) are, I want a small jail with 2-3 jail cells are, and finally, I want at least 2 stores where items are located (Soccer Balls, TVs, Golf Clubs, Dice) are, with metal detectors and shopping lanes are.

Phew.

3. Artickill

Artickill Forerunner

that was a mouthfull

4. DavidJCobb

DavidJCobb Forerunner

Something believable, with attention to detail. A lot of narrow alleyways nestled among tall buildings is awesome, but can Reach Forge do that, given the object count limits?

5. Oo iRoNy oO

Oo iRoNy oO Ancient

I want a nice artificial park, or perhaps even a bridge so that people can cross a busy street.

6. Kittenpaste Company

Kittenpaste Company Forerunner

Something more modern or even futuristic. A section dedicated to the preservation of nature (a park :p) is always nice but would be harder to incorporate. I like being able to enter some of the buildings as well. Last, one of my favorite things is when a skyscraper or just any tall building is connected by an enclosed bridge.

7. Patsteirer

Patsteirer Forerunner

Something realistic... It doesn't seem like you could easily create a city. A town however, would be pretty doable and a lot of fun.

8. TCD

TCD Forerunner

Alot of CQB. Rooftops for long-range battles too! Large vehicle space (Parking lot) for vehicular battle. A city should cover all forms of combat possible in real-life.

9. KiWi777

KiWi777 Forerunner

I've been trying to find a way of incorporating a freeway that goes above and around the city, with some "slums" underneath

10. TCD

TCD Forerunner

Like new mombassa? No. People hated that level on the freeway. JK JK JK

The slums could be hard. Plus it would be unrealistic because of the water :p
    The free way will be better placed at the cave area. Its the main entry to the city. It is a freeway so it will be wide. This allows for good midrange combat. But put a soft kill or a rock slide or something to prevent people from exiting the map.