What Control Sensitivity Do You Play On?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by TheKeebobBobagawa, Oct 8, 2008.

?

Sensitivity

1. 1

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. 2

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. 3

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. 4

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  5. 5

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  6. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 8

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  9. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. DDjusD

DDjusD Ancient

-snip-

#21 DDjusD, Oct 8, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  2. TheKeebobBobagawa

10 is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo inconsistent.

3. Nan0teck

Nan0teck Ancient

5, and only 5. I still BR and snipe fine on 5, while being able to turn fast enough to headshot the guy chasing behind me. I used to play with 3 for awhile, but then I kinda started getting pissed at the fact that I don't turn fast enough to retaliate getting shot from behind. So, 5 it was.

Sometimes, if I'm at a friend's house and we play on the same TV, I use 7. I have a tendency to up the sensitivity the smaller the screen is, and I still perform the same as if I would play on 5 on my own TV (it's a big screen, btw).

4. ZANDER1994

ZANDER1994 Ancient

You absolutely confirmed my post! Thankyou! People who want to think they are good play on ten. I have put your confirmation in red for all to see. You will never see a pro MLG player that high. The reason why you have to get used to it, is because it's so fast that the normal person will have trouble even getting a shot off in the right direction with it. It takes months to "get used to" and even then, the human hand is not steady enough for that kind of aiming naturally. Just do a test for me. Hold your hands out in front of you up to your face. Put your two pointer fingers a CENTIMETER a part. If you can hold that for ten seconds without them moving, you are not human. Take into consideration, faster and unsteady is not always better, and in fact is usually worst in most aspects of the world.

5. wiggums

wiggums Guest

idk, ive gotten used to 9 and 10, just because i am based more on close range weapons, and accuracy isn't as important for me, most of my kills are melee, so i just like to be able to point towards a guy and shoot. it actually works well for me.

6. Aranore

Aranore Ancient

As a side note for slowing down even further, you could modify your controller in two ways:

making your aiming stick longer for more control, and making the spot it is in deeper and wider, to allow room for the longer stick.

with the longer angle you get better control, but you need big flexible tumbs for it. but once done, you can get crazy slow. Buddy of mine did this, but he's in micro electronics and also re-positioned all the buttons to his content xD

7. Shad0wAssassin5

Shad0wAssassin5 Ancient

well it took me about a week to get used to but once i stopped playing for a while i could not have it on ten. i get your point i was just stating mine. it is hard to get used to. plus if you are the sniping type it is way too fast i have to put it on three. when i had it on ten i did pretty good but i am better with it on 8. so yea

8. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

10 is completely unplayable at any sort of range. If you mostly melee people I can see it working, since the auto-aim will hit the target for you, but if you want to have any accuracy whatsoever you need to slow it down.

I agree with Zander up above, people who want to think they're good play on 10 because, much like communism, it works in theory, but fails in practice. It makes sense in your head that being able to point at the target faster would net you more kills, but that tiny little joystick doesn't allow for small enough movements to keep aiming at the target. You try and BR them from 50 yards away, and you're swinging wildly around them instead of smoothly tracking their skull. In conclusion, Communists play on 10 sensitivity.

9. Aranore

Aranore Ancient

Careful Nemi could read this XD

starting at ten, then gradually dropping it down is good to. I've always played on nothing higher than three, mainly one. but recently I've been practicing sniping and weapon training maps on 7+. then ill do each round with a lower movement. helps a lot. I only go up for SHwat and swords. and rockets. but even then i put it up to 2. sometimes 3. mostly two. everything else is one. and thats still to fast.

10. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

1 FTW.It ****ing owns

11. halo kid

halo kid Ancient

I play on 1 because its slow enough to snipe with,and (contrar to populer belief) you can still turn around fast enough to strike back if you get attacked.

12. TheKeebobBobagawa

13. Trifslap

Trifslap Ancient

I use 2 or 3 in snipers games, 5 in swat and 4 usually

14. TheKeebobBobagawa

wow, you guys switch? i use 1 no matter what.

15. xXxGorexJordzxXx

4, just cause i got used to it first

16. TheKeebobBobagawa

some people said 1 will imprpve my game, and it did.

17. Dragull

Dragull Ancient

18. KnarFF 213

KnarFF 213 Ancient

i play on 3(defalt)i always played on it so i thought if i changed it it would mess up my game.

19. TheKeebobBobagawa

if u change, you jus got to practice

20. desert elite

desert elite Ancient

10 its better so I can look around quicker and i got used to it the most.