What Are You Working On?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by ForgeHub, Jul 12, 2013.

1. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Aesthetic nitpick, but, Accent: Piston is your friend. ;)

Soooooo Luxor Station is all but complete. Posted a preview, but since I had previously tried posting the map before that (I don't think too well late night), War just changed my preview to a map release. Not bothered, I'll just update the thread when I make the last changes. Sitting at 975ish pieces is rough though. Who would have thought I, of all people, would actually be pushing the budget boundaries with this? Haha.

I'm a bit miffed with what design I should do next.... Got another 4v4 Original in my sketchbook I'd like to push, but the 2v2 contest makes me want to start working on Mobius instead. Decisions decesions...

@Goat You actually gonna finish a map in this game for a change mate? Or you gonna burn out again as per usual? :p

2. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient

I get a warm feeling in my tummy when I see this thread. Then it churns & I become enraged with jealousy & hatred. Anywho, I haven't seen RPAL in a good 6 years lol. Happy to see more people return than I expected.

Debo37, RPAL, cluckinho and 2 others like this.
  3. RGL Official

RGL Official Legendary

AnonomissX likes this.
  4. PhoenixVax

PhoenixVax Legendary

Today's progress of my map, Quarantine
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AnonomissX, Goat and Yekkou like this.
  5. RGL Official

RGL Official Legendary

This is AWESOME! I love what you did with the fog. Gives everything so much atmosphere!

6. Munchiebox

Munchiebox Forerunner

Started messing around with this new forge, there are so many pieces it can be slightly confusing but that will pass in time, some of the stuff you guys are posting looks amazing. Anyway this is the map I made based off of a map I played the **** out of made by Nexn called Aquaduct I doubt I will ever release it just using it as an exercise to learn the new controls.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Debo37

Debo37 Ancient

Just wait til you see what Felipe dos and I have been working on. The dude has been working on probably the coolest aesthetic piece I've ever seen. ;)

8. RPAL

RPAL Ancient

Before today, the last time I logged in this site was still running vBulletin. My last post was in the feature thread for my map on January 21nd 2012. It's rather strange seeing so few accounts from the 2008/Halo 3 Era. They would be most of the people that I'd recognize, such as Debo and yourself.

I thought I should probably return since I have been spending so much time forging in Halo 5. Gotta spread my creations everywhere again, like the old days. :)

AnonomissX likes this.
  9. Debo37

Debo37 Ancient

I've played a bit of H5 with @Agamer and Norlinsky, and I ran into @CHUCK, @Epic Tusk, and @QKT in PS4 Destiny about a year ago which was hilarious. Seems a lot of us old-schoolers are still around. I've even seen @buddhacrane and @Draw the Line online playing Halo 5.

Both of you should add me - GT Debo37 - so we can reminisce about the good ol' days and try feverishly to be relevant again.

buddhacrane and RPAL like this.
  10. AR to the Knee

AR to the Knee Legendary

This is absolutely amazing. All the things you guys are posting are truly breathtaking. It makes my map look kinda crappy, but most of that is because of how awful the lighting system is. I should have my map finished in the next couple of days and will post some pictures or a video here. It's a 4v4 2-way symmetrical map for competitive play inspired by the Pit. An absolute crapload of trick/skill jumps to make map movement a high priority.

11. Sethiroth

Sethiroth Sensei

So glad the forge community is active again.

In other news hopefully will be play testing a map soon

Xandrith and cluckinho like this.
  12. Yekkou

Yekkou Yellow, but with "kk"s

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately, the light map is going nuts haha. So I'm gonna have to cut some lights. Progressing though. I'll probably make it a bit brighter for slayer. When I turn it into an infection map, I'll probably scrap everything aside from the main room and make it linear.

Also this haha (cue music)
    http://i.imgur.com/K7rIpB5.gifv
    Complete with invisible blockers. Still working on the [ ? ] blocks.

#1372 Yekkou, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  13. Sethiroth

Sethiroth Sensei

Lights s don't take up light map. You should try and unbake some objects.

RipShaDe 41 and Yekkou like this.
  14. Yekkou

Yekkou Yellow, but with "kk"s

Oh really? Yeah, there's definitely a lot of editing to do then hahah. So, if I turn of the lightbake does that essentially disregard all global lighting? Cause right now I have massive blockers in the sky blocking out the sun to make it dark haha. Would everything automatically be dark without lightbake?

15. thefro3po

thefro3po Well Known

Holy moly I am overwhelmed!!!

a Chunk likes this.
  16. X2Sora

X2Sora Halo 3 Era

Damn seeing everyone make great progress on their maps make me want to forge so bad. Such a shame I will not be able to forge for the next two weeks. Makes me so sad :(

17. aPK

aPK Greatest Forger Alive

Yekkou has everyone beat right now.

AnonomissX likes this.
  18. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented

Currently working on a symmetrical 4v4 map, codenamed "Doughboy" for now. I'm kind of going for a bit of a Japanese zen garden look. The geometry is getting pretty close to being finished, just need to get the bases done on each side.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented

Does anyone know if it's possible to not have the lighting bake in the final version of the map? Having the lights baked on my map makes a few of the pieces really dark right next to very light pieces and it looks absolutely horrible. The pictures you see above are without the lights baked and you can tell all the pieces are lighted very nicely.

thefro3po likes this.
  20. Suicufnoc

Suicufnoc Ancient

There's a setting for each object to turn off light bake, try that