What Are You Working On?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by ForgeHub, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Fritzster

Fritzster Silly Goose

[​IMG]

2. Zandril

Zandril Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Despite my love for that quote, I'd still like a proper answer to my question. :)

3. Noooooch

Noooooch Forerunner

Nexy decided to shut down the site and staff wasn't fully committed to generate content or to Halo in general. Yeah it's pretty vague but that's the reason. It was very spontaneous and surprised many people including THC staff members.

Now that that's on the way, let's get back on topic.

#43 Noooooch, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  4. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

The only concrete explanation (if you can call it that) is given here.

My personal take on it...
    The owner of the site, who was extremely involved and motivated when the site first opened, lost interest and passed most of the responsibility for running the site onto someone else. That other person wasn't exactly a Halo person who was dedicated to the community, and also lost interest. The site was possibly put up for sale, and proved to either be of much less value than was expected, or of no value at all, and so they decided to shut it down rather than continue to spend money maintaining an unprofitable site that they weren't interested in anymore. Again, this is just speculation on my part. Common sense tells me it went something like that, though.

So, kind of similar to what happened here, possibly.

Edit: Oops...Too slow. Listen to Noooooch. He would know better than me.

#44 a Chunk, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  5. oVR

oVR Ancient

Nexy wanted upwards of $5000 for the site, which is WAY overpriced.

If it was something more reasonable then well... who knows.

6. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist

Seriously? Wow! That's a steep asking price.

Anyway, on topic... I'm still working on several projects at once.
    - I hope to have an updated version of Epicenter out by the end of the weekend.
    - I have another map called Dusk which is a re-imagined version of the map Sol I made in Reach. I was planning to release that right away, but then I accidentally deleted the version I was going to release, lol. I have a few changes to make to another version, then that one will be released. Is it common for anyone else that when you load up the forge menu it shows duplicates of every map? That's how I deleted the map; I noticed I had several that were the same, so I deleted a couple of them, then realized that the ones remaining didn't actually exist.
    - Next on my list is Akasha. I'm going to try to incorporate another power positions to counter the balconies. I'm thinking something similar to the high Sniper walkway on Damnation will work out well. I'll probably just add tele's from the lower rooms which lead up there, then see if I can incorporate some type of hard route from the upper platforms.
    - The rest of my projects just need more testing, or are on hold until I wrap up some of the maps I'm currently working on.

7. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump

If the price had capped between the 1-2k range, I would have considered buying it... Under a different name... And still being Schnitzel on the side. ;)

8. SilentA98

SilentA98 Promethean

Whaddya have against waypoint?

OT: Yeah, I've lost all will to forge. If I can get Halo 4 to work I'll be back, but I'm bored of reach already.

9. SecretSchnitzel

Apart from it's ultra strict moderation team? Nothing really. Can't even hold the prevalence of idiocy in the population there against it, as such idiocy seems fairly rampant in the halo community as a whole.

10. SilentA98

SilentA98 Promethean

Well, that I can agree with. There is a higher concentraition of... less than sufficiently knowledgable people on there. And the moderators do get pretty strict...

11. oVR

oVR Ancient

Chunk, that happens to my files all the time; they double up.

Only way to fix it is to either restart console, resign in, or reload the storage device.

Really annoying bug.

12. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist

Most of the time I've just started up a forge session on any map, and then after I'm in forge mode I end the game right away. When I go back into one of the canvases, it will be back to normal. Signing out and reloading my storage device doesn't always work for me for some reason.
    I was lazy this particular time. No biggie though, I usually have numerous versions of my maps saved. It's just slightly annoying that I have to go back and redo a few changes again.

13. A Haunted Army

A Haunted Army Your Local Pessimist

what do you expect when all the people with sufficient knowledge got permanently banned?

14. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

What did those people do to get permabanned?

15. oVR

oVR Ancient

How bout that glitch where a different map saves over the current map?

LOVE THAT ONE!!!!!!

16. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist

Haven't had that one since halfway through Reach's lifespan. I just make sure I reselect the map every time I load it up. And if I've been looking through a bunch of maps, I make sure I 'Save As'.

17. SecretSchnitzel

Same. It was actually a pretty easy glitch to work around.

18. SilentA98

SilentA98 Promethean

... "All"... You use that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

On another note, I've found uploading my current projects to my fileshare to be a great way to avoid map overwrites. If you lose the map, just redownload it from your fileshare and all is well.

#58 SilentA98, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  19. A Haunted Army

A Haunted Army Your Local Pessimist

well.... majority, others just left because H4 sucked.

overdoziz, they got perma-banned for explaining why things were bad in a more blunt manner under the rule typically of "attacking".. while on this topic though, i've just been perma-banned at BE so now this place is my only home.

#59 A Haunted Army, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  20. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

I feel like there's more to this story. Don't know why.