We're disappointed with forge, now let's get 343 to hear us!

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Nondual, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Starship Ghost

Starship Ghost Promethean

I agree and you got a good point that is all you really need is a nice terrain like Blood Gulch but I get the feeling we will never see something big like that in Halo ever again. Seems like Certain Affinity doesn't like big maps.

2. ExTerrestr1al

ExTerrestr1al Promethean

I don't know if it's something they couldn't do in Halo 4, but you're probably right that we won't see it until Halo 5 if at all.

it's a major feature, but easy to implement, or should be.

make a thing change a value on another thing... pretty simple. that's what bullets do when they hit your character. If Player has shields, reduce shields by X amount depending on regional damage specs, if no shields, reduce health 0 and then if health is already 0 kill player.

there are much more complex things going on in games than a mere switch. I respect that you believe it wouldn't be as important as pallates which are more... pallatible :D, but personally I think FOrge is not merely about maps, but about creatively finding new ways to force mechanics into a game that isn't really supposed to have mechanics, more or less. I'm just thinking of what people could make for years to come and keep inventing new ways of doing things. switches would offer a lot of that, IMO.

3. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Switches would be awesome. We'd probably quickly get sick of them from over-use, but they added a lot to classic maps like Zanzibar, Last Resort and High Ground, and could add in smaller ways to maps - doors you can only open from one side (or can open/close from both sides to create or take away cover), bridges you can raise and lower, elevators that only go up or down when a button is pressed, and lots of other things. Many of them would only marginally affect gameplay but would add much to the map's immersiveness.

4. GrenadeGorilla8

GrenadeGorilla8 Forerunner

Doors that open automatically when you get close would be amazing.

5. ExTerrestr1al

ExTerrestr1al Promethean

yea, and think of the puzzle maps people could make... you could suddenly make all sorts of "gadgets" that the devs hadn't intended :D

but yea, it would be over-used and some would not use in clever ways.

6. the_suicide_fox

the_suicide_fox Ancient

One of the biggest disappointments for me, and the reason I haven't been forging let alone play Halo 4 lately, is that the fileshare still isn't working. I just find that 100% unacceptable. It should have been ready when the game shipped, Bungie basically had it all set up for 343i, and they dropped the ball bigtime. Why bother creating cool content if I can't really share it?

I want to get back into forging but I'm thinking it won't happen until fileshare is up an running. Throwing a few forge maps into MM is too little, too late.

7. DavidJCobb

DavidJCobb Forerunner

Good catch. Thanks for the information.