Welcome New Members!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TXGhost, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

Please go to the new updated "Welcome New Members" thread. This thread is being kept shown but locked since it is now a part of site history.

Hello everyone and let me be the first to Welcome you to Forge Hub. Obviously you've found the forums because you're looking at this thread. There are quite a few things you need to learn before you go randomly posting threads, so you can decrease spam and optimize your experience here.

First of all when asking a question please use the nifty little Search button which can be found in the navbar at the top of your screen (or click here). This is to check that the same question hasn't already been asked. It will save you time and prevent people from yelling at you for spamming.

Secondly, when you do post please do not double post - posting back to back in the same thread. This is frowned upon greatly and will usually result in a warning. This decreases spam. If you absolutely have to repost after your first, there is an "Edit" button which allows you to modify your post. Usually people will add "Edit:" to what they have changed so others understand that you have edited your post.

Thirdly, when posting a map please follow the instructions in the Forge Maps board. You can find them here.

For information on user ranks, click here.

Last and most importantly be nice to others and have fun! No use in getting your panties in a bundle over a map that someone called lame. Just have fun and Happy Forging.

If you have any questions about this please post in this thread or PM one of the moderators who will be happy to help. For an up-to-date list of current staff members, click here.

#1 TXGhost, Feb 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
  2. Projectt2501

Projectt2501 Ancient

Welcome to all new members.
    Get involved: make maps, criticize maps, play on forged maps...... You get the picture.
    Most importantly, have fun, thats what its all about.

3. preplook1

preplook1 Ancient

sounds great... cant wait to submit my first map

4. IxGUNxSLINGERxI

IxGUNxSLINGERxI Ancient

well i will accept this welcome with open arms

5. RangerGuru

RangerGuru Ancient

Yo i just joined man thank for the open welcome

6. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

You are very welcome (if you are talking to me hah). Please have fun and happy forging.

7. RangerGuru

RangerGuru Ancient

I am talking to you all, i was in a different thing (BPT) horrible never want to be there again you guys are different, more friendly. :squirrel_rocking:

8. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

Well most of us are *Cough* Titmar *Cough*. Hah just playing he isn't too bad if you don't act stupid.

9. RangerGuru

RangerGuru Ancient

LOL man i know i will love this. :squirrel_evil:

Another question, is there an event for new ppl?

10. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

Not at the moment, and I truly do not think there ever will be because there is no real way to judge who is "new". But feel free to enter the Shell Shocked Contest.

11. gore maker 244

gore maker 244 Ancient

thanx guys i think im going to have a great time here

12. Unleash Mayhem

Unleash Mayhem Ancient

ditto to the guy above me, its good to be here. im currently making a tunnel based map on foundry which i hope to put up here also looking forward to the 1v1 torny.

13. Nadaz

Nadaz Ancient

Thanks for the welcome! I am a forger (kinda) and I can't wait to release my first map here!

Thanks,

Nadaz

14. Imposter V2

Imposter V2 Ancient

I new so I'll try ( no I will ) be a good member and donate some really good maps. I tend to make bigger maps that hold more people.

15. Elite Repo

Elite Repo Ancient

Hi

I'm new here, so i was wondering how i put maps up? anyway i got a really good cops and robbers map that i want to put up. i am also working on a race track.

Thanks,
    Aaron

16. abixenator

abixenator Ancient

'Ello.

I'm kinda amateur at map-making, especially since I don't have the Heroic Pack until it's free. Mainly I enjoy making maps that have themes (sort of like objective maps), as well as zombie-based maps and I'm not too bored when it comes to floating objects. Anyhow, I suck at Forging, but I'll run some maps through here before I take them to Bungie.net.

17. limepear

limepear Ancient

hey im also new and thanks for the welcome, truthfully im not a good forger...thus i joined this site to mybe get tips and maps to observe and hopefully improve loads

18. icedemon

icedemon Ancient

I cant wait until i get a capture card so i can show u my great maps. I recently started forging and i love it.

19. MNM1245

MNM1245 Ancient

Welcome to Forge Hub new members! Have fun exploring all the maps and other things on Forge Hub

20. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

Videos in posts are very welcome and a very nice addition to a post, but not needed instead of focusing on the video of your map, focus on pictures of it so we can get a good feel of it from pictures because some people don't have the time to watch a 1:30-2:00 video of a map.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.