Weird thing on my map. Help please.

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Rsvi Etzudee, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Rsvi Etzudee

Rsvi Etzudee Forerunner

EDIT: Thanks for your help. It was a killzone hidden in the abyss... or in a rock.

#1 Rsvi Etzudee, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  2. Plasma Blades

Plasma Blades Ancient

I believe that kill zones override safety zones. Check to see if you have an extra killzone placed accidentally.

3. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Also check where the piece is phased into, as some parts phased deep into natural terrain exhibit strange problems, ie: parts becoming invisible and unable to be picked up when phased into the mountain on the island too far.

Another theory is that the part could be set to fixed and is moving at super fast speeds to try to free itself, but this seems unlikely. The kill zone thing seems most likely.

4. Reign

Reign Forerunner

Is the wall phased into a premade structure? Walls phased into premade structures sometimes act as killzones.

5. MrGreenWithAGun

MrGreenWithAGun Forerunner

Really?

Put your map and a film clip of the problem on your fileshare and I can look at it for you. I could not possibly suggest what is happening until I look at both.

6. Dirt Jockey

Dirt Jockey Forerunner

The problem is the Safe Zone.
    Simply put, dont use them.

Safe Zones are opposite to Kill Zones whereas if you venture outside of them, you die.
    You can test this simply by removing all the Safe Zones on your map.
    Instead, wall your map in with Soft Kill Zones, and further out (or more problematic areas) use Hard Kill Zones.

7. noklu

noklu Ancient

I recommend deleting all kill zones and safe zones and then repeating the test. If you still die, then relocate or adjust the object.

8. Rsvi Etzudee

Rsvi Etzudee Forerunner

Kinda bad if it does. Anyway, i'll try deleting all kill & safe zones and see if it still doesn't work. If it still ****s up, i'll post it in my fileshare.