Waterloo

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by chapter12, Apr 26, 2008.

1. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

I like your map layout because I like vehicles, but it seems that you have too many power weapons. There is balance, but by balance do you mean that everyone has one?

--dc

2. Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar Ancient

This is a very creative idea and I give you props for it. Not a big fan of the wraith or choppers, but I am going to DL and give it a run.

3. bib bob

bib bob Ancient

possibally the best u shaped map!
    love it and love you......jk

with extreme
    bib bob

4. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

Seems pretty good.

Not a fan of Foundry forged non-symmetrical maps, but this one might work out for me.

5. chapter12

chapter12 Ancient

thanks, glad you guys like my map.

6. Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar Ancient

DL'd it, was very creative. The highway works really well and is very original. The only problem I had with it was that the back hall is not blocked off and both bases can be accessed with it. I would block that off so it forces people to utilize the highway.

7. MealonX

MealonX Ancient

I like the map a lot but from the pictures I cannot see a end to the highway, I see a start, but no end

8. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

It kinda looked like a race map at first, but I seen the massacre of innocent childre.. I mean I seen the weapons in use.

9. chapter12

chapter12 Ancient

hey, the new version is complete. I'll probably post it sometime this week.

A lot has been changed:
    No more wraith.
    Now only one ghost that doesn't appear at start and has a 180 second respawn time (in the center of the map).
    Added a tunnel/walkway thing that hangs beneath the highway in the same u-shape.
    Different weapon locations. Spartan laser in the middle now, rockets on left side (where alien sniper rifle was, read ahead), needler added, alien sniper location replaces shotgun location, overshield moved to middle (by spartan laser), invisibility put in place of overshield, shotgun moved to previous invisibility location, deleted sentinel beam. Other small weapon location changes due to changed geometry.
    I deleted all aesthetic supports for highway. They really didn't have any value.

To answer some questions about version 1 (not the one I'm releasing later this week):

This isn't a race map, just incase anyone was mistaken.
    The highway loops around and does have two ends. It doesn't just cut off.
    In the new version, I attempted to balance the powerful weapons out a bit. In this one, you're right, the weapon locations aren't too great.

All that I have to do now is make sure it's compatible with all gametypes. Hope everyone likes it, both versions combined probably took 20+ hours to make (altogether)