Water World

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Arbiter359, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Arbiter359

Arbiter359 Forerunner

Water World is a small, asymmetrical, two sided map I made. It features a Red and a Blue base and is ready to play for most objective gametypes and slayer. Players have two options when traversing from base to base. A) Take the Mancannon B) Walk Each choice filled with it's own peril as the player uses their wit to evade opponents and not take a dip in the drink. Sides are easy distinguishable from 1 another since the red side is in the shadows and blue is in a brighter light.
    [​IMG]
    This is an asymmetric map that I made. It is a small, close quarters, competitive slayer and objective map.
    [​IMG]
    Here is an overview of the bases' layout
    [​IMG]
    Here is a pic of the lower walkway (blue) but the red layout is the same (it's also why it's called "Water World")
    [​IMG]
    Each base has 2 lifts, the back one goes to the top level of the base and the other one goes to the mancannon platform of the other base

Weapons
    Grenade Launcher x2(both only have 3 grenades and 45 second respawn)
    DMR x2 (both have 2 spare clips and a 30 second respawn)
    Sniper Rifle x1 (65 second respawn and only 1 spare clip)
    Health Station x4
    Comments and criticism appreciated.

#1 Arbiter359, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  2. xx12evolution

xx12evolution Forerunner

it is a very good competitive map... :p
    PS: add credits who helped create the map ;)

EDIT: 1st post ftw

#2 xx12evolution, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  3. sYko de4d

sYko de4d Forerunner

sry but no image works ??

4. LRMAN0989

LRMAN0989 Forerunner

I PMed him on how to fix images. It'll be fixed soon ;)

This map is great for Multi Flag CTF, Team Slayer, and Team Headhunter (I forget; did we test FFA slayer?). Multi Flag is ultra-balanced and we had some 'Oh, oh, oh! It's almost there- aww!' moments :p Team Slayer was also balanced, but what Team Slayer map isn't balanced if it's on a symmetrical map? :p

In Headhunter, Arbiter (the creator) left the match so it was one sided, but hey, 2v1 is never balanced :p So many good times....... flag going off a man-cannon and hitting the one on the other side so it comes back, being sniped across the map, hearing 'YAY' whenever xx12evolution died, using a drop shield to defend a flag only to get a guy armor locks in the bubble, etc :p

5. xx12evolution

xx12evolution Forerunner

It was sooo fun! and than there was the invisible protecting the flag, also when you bounce on the 1 way door. I don't believe we tested with FFA slayer and since i always died since arbiter left i always here YAY!

6. LRMAN0989

LRMAN0989 Forerunner

pics work! And yeah, it was so fun :p 'Nade launchers and holograms are the ultimate anti-base-camping weapons :p Use a hologram, and when it walks in, throw a grenade in so when they attack the hologram they die! :p

EDIT: Bottom pic is the same as the top one -_- *facepalm*

EDIT2: fixed!

7. Arbiter359

Arbiter359 Forerunner

Ya that was some fun stuff, remember our Headhunter game? (While the map plays HeadHunter, most of the skulls fall into the water)