Warehouse

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Masturcheeef313, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Masturcheeef313

Masturcheeef313 Ancient

Warehouse

Me and arbiter511 have recently finished this Foundry infection map. You begin the game with humans spawning and fending off on the upper floor of the warehouse for a minute and 30 seconds. (Yes, there are weapons mounted on the walls throughout the warehouse). A door will then be available to open, granting you access to a stairway which leads to the main floor. After another minute and 30 seconds of gameplay, you will be able to open the main gate, leading out to the best weapons.

It is not really possible to get 'out' of the map. Once the first door is open, you will have access to the bottom of the warehouse and the outer area. The second openable door grants access to a fenced off area. We've set up a system where zombies are able to come out of their spawn area, but it is absolutely impossible for humans to come into the zombie spawn area.

All of us are forgers, so you should know this anyway, but what I mean by 'openable door' is the usual dumpsters blocking the way, then the mancannon spawning after a certain amount of time. I've positioned the mancannons so that they blow away the dumpsters (thus opening the door), yet they don't blow YOU away everytime you walk through the doorway.

Me and arbiter511 tested this map many times with our friends, and have almost perfected it so there are no glitches or anything of that sort to ruin gameplay. And yes, we specifically told our friends to try their very best to try to get out of the map via grenade jumping, etc. and blocked the routes they took :)

The only reason we decided to share on Forgehub was because people were saying it's a fantastic map for infection.

One more thing: if you're going to play this map with infection, make sure the gravity for humans and zombies is no less than 100%. If it does happen to be less than 100, humans are guaranteed to just grenade jump out and ruin the whole experience.

If you've actually bothered to read the gigantic wall of text above, thank you :D. Here are 10 pictures of the map. One more thing, which I literally repeat in every one of my posts: DON'T JUDGE A MAP BY ITS PICTURES. If you're going to complain, at least play the map first. I hate it when people say a map 'looks' sloppy, 'looks' like no fun, etc etc judging straight from the pictures.

Map: http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=100003304

Don't forget: make sure gravity is at 100% or more.

[​IMG]
    A view of the starting room.

[​IMG]
    Another view of the starting room.

[​IMG]
    A view of the first openable door after 1 minute 30 seconds of gameplay.

[​IMG]
    The main floor of the warehouse.

[​IMG]
    Another view of the main floor.

[​IMG]
    A bird's eye view of the warehouse door.

[​IMG]
    A view of the fenced-off area I was referring to. Gate is in the middle of the picture.

[​IMG]
    Zombie spawn; 3 teleporters in the picture lead to the starting room at the beginning of game.

[​IMG]
    Zombies can come out, but humans can't get in. Believe me, I've honestly tried for half an hour straight to get into the zombie spawn area.

[​IMG]
    A final view of some of the warehouse building (may look a bit sloppy from this perspective)

Hope you enjoy our map!
    By Masturcheeef313 and arbiter511

2. Agent J

Agent J Forerunner

Hey, I'm new to this site and I would like to congratulate you on making this really cool looking map. I'm a bit new to forging and would love it if you could give me a few tips. I can never figure out how to rotate objects such as turrets so they are facing the right way.

3. Spaghettimanp1

Spaghettimanp1 Ancient

Looks fun i'll dl when my hard drive is not as full... Quick question is there a roof to the second floor?

4. Phenomenal

Phenomenal Ancient

I mean its a good idea but way too basic. I understand that you are new to Forgehub, though. Look around the site especially the most renowned forgers. Also, take a look at Forging 101. When I was new here, it really helped me a lot in my abilities. I look forward to new and improved maps in the future!

5. Masturcheeef313

Masturcheeef313 Ancient

You'll have to be a LOT more specific. Would you mind explaining in what way it's 'way too basic'? Thanks.