2-4 Players Warbird

Discussion in 'Halo 4 Archive' started by Aschur, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Warbird is a small, asymmetrical 2v2 - 3v3 map designed for Oddball and CTF (One flag specifically)

The design is borrowed from a project me, Public Servent, and Given to Fly took on in halo 3. Though the version in halo 3 was intended to be a btb map built in the skybox, and this map is significantly smaller feeling due to sprint (and me not scaling it up)

The map works quite well for oddball, better than one flag (which was the original gametype it was built for) though I have a modded one flag gametype linked, which will work on any map (it works the same as any other one flag from older games did, and does not require special setup in forge like hiding the attackers flag)

Weapons (all are placed, not ordnance)
    Rocket launcher 180 sec 0 spare clip x1
    Gravity Hammer 180sec x1
    Battle Rifle 30sec 2 spare clip x2
    Carbine 45sec 2 spare clip x1
    Pulse Grenade 45sec x2

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#1 Aschur, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  2. Goat

Goat Rock Paper Scissors Scrap
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Alright I gave this a download and walked around for a while in Forge and a Custom.

The Good

+ The titular bird centerpiece is really well done and makes the Red base feel like its own fortress.

+ Your forgework is clean and the map doesn't appear to have holes or bumps.

+ The position you placed Rockets gave me a little Halo CE nostalgia, which is always a +.

The Not-So-Good

- You have heavy framerate issues. Your centerpiece unfortunately is the biggest offender and causes several frames to drop even without scoping in. Similarly, your shield doors on the artifact also increase this.

- Blue Team is going to be ridiculously easy to spawn camp because of how much cover red base has... plus the rockets... plus height elevation. And your blue team is unfortunately funneled into one point with very little cover and no useful weapon within reach.

Improvements

• Do some budgeting by getting rid of as much of the framerate causing problems as possible.

• This in turn will help free up some $$$ so you can widen the blue side and provide safer spawning.

• I'd have to play it to see how the hammer/rocket dynamic works (which could be hilarious if you deflect one into their face), but my first choice would have been a Railgun. There's not much you can do to dodge it once you're inside the base.

I hope I've helped!

#2 Goat, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    a Chunk likes this.
  3. AussieForger

AussieForger Promethean

hey i tend to agree with the above comments, keep at it tho, would love to see this finishd