Wall Placement in Foundry! Objective Resolved!

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Anderoo16, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Look at the lines on the floor. If you want to make a symettrical map, then everytime you place something on one side, count of lines on the floor (remember to consider how many small lines past a big line you placed it too. Then just place the same object with the same measurements on the other side. Makes perfect symmetry, pretty quickly and efficiently.

2. Soggydoughnuts

Soggydoughnuts Ancient

The lines on the floor were an absolutly amazing idea that bungie came up with. It helps me in every map I make on foundry. The only thing I dont like is the middle section.

-Donuts

3. l Zero Fox l

l Zero Fox l Ancient

"The only thing I dont like is the middle section."

Theres always room for a Foundry 2 Bungie! lol
    and make it so we can go on the roof. that would be uber.

4. Weremidget

Weremidget Ancient

I tend to do this a fair bit, but there's some sort of glitch (I guess you could call it) when wrapping Corner Walls around the edges of Boxes to keep things nice and square.

I was trying to do this and the wall wouldn't be moved closer to the corner. As in, I would hold it sort of facing the box, then hold in the Right Trigger and move forward with the Left Toggle to move it closer and it would hit some sort of 'Anti-Gravity' field, well that's what it felt like, it just wouldn't move closer as if I was trying to push it onto a Grav Lift.

It was weird because if I held it closer to the Monitor and moved forward myself it would work, but having a giant Wall right in front of me makes visibility... limited. In the end I had to delete the Box and do it from the other side pulling the Corner piece towards me. Anyone else faced this?

5. Anderoo16

Anderoo16 Ancient

Yes! When making my second version of The Warehouse (My Map), I was using this technique and for the corners, instead of putting the box on the inside of the corner, I put the box on the outside! No Gravity force here anymore!! Hope it helps!

6. Ufochaser42

Ufochaser42 Ancient

Thats what i do as well. I never thought about posting suggestions of this nature. I guess i just assumed that all the members of this site already knew all the tricks i use and more...

Well, heres another tip just in case:

If you are trying to stack objects on top of one another, and want them to line up along a particular edge do the following:

1. Spawn a double-box and turn it so it is vertical.
    2. Push it against the bottom object, flush with the edge you want to to be lined up.
    3. Spawn the object you want to place on top of the first object and simply push it against the double box until it is flush with the double box.

When you get rid of the double-box, the two objects will be lined up along that edge. You can also use multiple double-boxes to line up objects along multiple sides. This is great for making sure stacked boxes and walls are even and straight without the headache of "eyeballing" it.

7. kyyrbes

kyyrbes Ancient

if u need a guide to interlocking i made one in this section its somwhere on the first page

8. Warlord Alpha

Warlord Alpha Ancient

Same. Only problem is, if your box is crooked, your wall will be too, so, just make sure your box is always aligned before you try this! If you want to be sure, place a box against the wall (so you know its straight) then put more from there, then put the wall down, then just delete the extra boxes.

9. Anderoo16

Anderoo16 Ancient

Thanks for the other tip! To really see how well these tips work you can look at my map, The Warehouse Version 2.0, somewhere in the competitive map section. I used the wall technique and the technique stated above! If you look at the map it is completly in line and not crooked, check it out, you will be suprised!

Also used the interlocking objects, and much much more!

10. Lunatic Inferno

Lunatic Inferno Ancient

wow thanks
    definatly going to use this

why didn't this ever occur to me?

11. Zandu

Zandu Ancient

Great idea I'm gonna be using that.

12. gamergimp

gamergimp Ancient

Thank you! That's been driving me crazy!

13. Anderoo16

Anderoo16 Ancient

14. El Capitaine

El Capitaine Ancient

thanks! made placing walls SO much easier! Literally, I think I have a disability when it comes to orienting walls.

15. Anderoo16

Anderoo16 Ancient

haha, hope your better now

16. Anderoo16

Anderoo16 Ancient

[edit]

oops, well now that u've seen it, maybe it will refresh ur mind

17. DRO Maelstrom

DRO Maelstrom Ancient

Wow, I actually thought that was a common method. I've been using it since about a month after Foundry came out, before I really forged often (I don't release maps to the public that often, they are just useful things for training or for my clan, not really much of a challenge).

It's a really useful tip, and thanks to interlocking, it is possible even for the building maps (just make sure you don't place movable objects until you are actually done with all of the structuring, unless you secure them with teles or weapon holders).

This is also my first post in about 5 months. You should feel honored lol.

18. The Nasal Abyss x

This is what I do. It took me a LONG time to think of it because it was so simple.

19. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

Um guys did you look at when this was posted, I doubt it. This was posted in January, dont post on thread that havent been touched in almost 6 months, I'd give you all neg rep, but I wont.

20. Anderoo16

Anderoo16 Ancient

haha? wah