(W.I.P) X-Headlong remake

Discussion in 'Map Discussion' started by xPaulxDx, Feb 6, 2018.

1. TheLunarRaptor

TheLunarRaptor Legendary

You should make a ViDoc on this incredible masterpiece. Id love to know how a map this good got made.

2. Mistercheif1171

Mistercheif1171 Legendary

Sames.

3. GrayishPoppy210

GrayishPoppy210 Legendary

Looking past the fact you're making a remake that's already been made, I believe this map was not ready to be posted yet. Yes people have been rude but as you state yourself the map is WIP. (Is it even playable yet? - it may be but I haven't checked). Also this whole situation has got out of control. You don't need to type entire paragraphs getting mad at everyone. I don't know your age but your language, grammar and the constant use of lit gives a rough idea which is only confirmed by your profile. Please stop trying to be the cool hard kid that won't stand any nonsense. Some of your maps are good, or at least far better than what we have seen on here but this one was perhaps posted to early.

4. SlipstreamTech

SlipstreamTech Legendary

People do care, you're not the only person to have loved the map back in the days of Halo 2, you cannot act like you were the only one that did.
    Having nobody to show you how to do scripting has no relevance to this discussion since, as I recall correctly, there was nothing crazy in terms of dynamic elements in all iterations of the map since Halo 2, only a single I beam that tilted when a player walks across it, something that does not require scripting. Just because you don't have the patience to watch tutorials online doesn't mean anything either, a good map isn't made by scripting, it should only be there to enhance it.
    You brought up the microtransactions despite the fact that nobody here even mentioned them, it's irrelevant to the topic at hand. We were talking about the state of a single forge map and not the current state of Halo as a whole.
    Most forgers here use the term released as that's the same term used in the industry, they didn't post a new map when they released Stasis into Halo 5, it was released onto the live servers.
    Not posting much here does not mean anything, I've not posted a new map or update on this site for months, but that's because people value quality over quantity.
    I never said anything about false advertising, nobody did, you were the first to bring it up.
    Finally, the language used, the insults and the ignorance about allot of what you have said doesn't give me the impression of someone, as Poppy had said, how you behave gives us a rough idea of your age or that you are an immature person trying to act cool, that is not how it works. That and nobody asked about your childhood, so why tell us about what happened as though that's going to gain our support.

5. xPaulxDx

xPaulxDx Legendary

No idea i just absolutley no idea how to respond to all of yall, seriously take this **** way to serious.

Dunco likes this.
  6. xPaulxDx

xPaulxDx Legendary

i just responded to everybody the best i could, and i talk the way i talk saying stupid **** like "lit" or cursing over all is because i came up that way. and i be typing out paragraphs because ig i have the need to absolutely explain myself.

7. fireskullsmash2

fireskullsmash2 Legendary

Thing have went way to far, I agree that you should have waited until the map was playable like your X-Evacuation map, and I agree that most people have said thing they should not have said after all it's your map not their it up to you to listen to them, but responding over and over will only bring in more reasons to keep this flame war going, everyone has different opinions some will tell you how it is, some will sugarcoat it, and some will love it, if you disagree with what someone said you can Ingnore it, instead of adding more flames to the fire. after all I love how you want to make your own version of this map from scratch, just know one comment can start a war and another can end one. download (9).png

xPaulxDx likes this.
  8. RPG3000

RPG3000 Promethean

I love the high quality screen shots. How come I can never get shots this good?

deathwish9x likes this.
  9. RPG3000

RPG3000 Promethean

Can you make nuketown next?

deathwish9x and fireskullsmash2 like this.
  10. Zandril

Zandril Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

ForgeHub should invest in an English teacher that can be called upon in times of great crisis.

11. fireskullsmash2

fireskullsmash2 Legendary

I really need that class, I slept through senior year English no actually all of high school

xPaulxDx likes this.
  12. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

This should be in forge discussion if it's still in progress. Sorry if it's been discussed at all prior.

I'm glad to see a remake of headlong coming along though. We definitely need a more accurate and updated one. You can tell the one we have was made in an early build of forge and under a short deadline for sure and this looks fairly promising so far! Good luck.

Chronmeister and xPaulxDx like this.
  13. Ascend Hyperion

Ascend Hyperion The Homeslice
    Staff Member Forge Critic

Yikes. This whole thread went under the radar.

xPaulxDx and Mistercheif1171 like this.