MLG Vulcan v1.3

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by xXJIMMYXx, Jan 4, 2012.

1. xDTx Kaos

xDTx Kaos Forerunner

He infringed upon someone elses creativity, hard work, and dedication. Video game or not that is a horrible show of character.

2. UnfrozenLynx

UnfrozenLynx Promethean

Is it wrong that he plagiarized part of another person's map? Yes. Was Redemption the first person ever to think of using 1-way shields as a lava aesthetic? Not even close. Can't we just drop it and comment on what this map has to offer?

Without playing the map, I can't quite get an idea of how the connections and paths work from the pictures. I think all the slight elevation changes within each base are pretty cool, if not a little unnecessary and budget consuming.

The mid-cover looks a bit forced. There are 3 different kinds of pieces making up the columns and all of them are very thin and awkward looking. In general, the piece conformity throughout is lacking. It's best to try and work with a set palette of pieces that work with one another, inherently providing aesthetic value along the way.

By the way, there's a random sprint on the map in pic 4- probably one you were using to test jumps or something. Might wanna take that out. Again, if there were pictures that more accurately described the landscape I'd be able to give you a little more to go on in terms of game-play. An overview always helps and so does having an object visible in one image be visible in the next, allowing the eye to connect the two spaces together.