Voodoo

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Pegasi, Sep 6, 2011.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. Okay

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Average

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. Good

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  5. Great

22 vote(s)
    53.7%
  1. Rho Fs

Rho Fs 2x2 Forge Judge

Overdoziz, you are quick to make assumptions without playing the map, again.

This looks interesting. I'm excited to play/practice on this one. Also, is this really his first on reach? Why'd you wait so long?

Rorak, we'll talk strategy later.

2. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Cus he put a lot of time into this. A lot.

3. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

Thanks for the support guys. I will not disagree with anyone because you have your right to your own opinion.

As for my comment on weapons, the neutral locations definitely create more central conflict. From my experiences, it was difficult to gain more than one power weapon per person. The initial rush makes rocks and OS dangerous because you can bet on fighting for both. Meanwhile, you can sneak to the sides instead for the snipers. I chose two neutral snipers because I didn't think giving each team a sniper on this map would work because I tried it at the start. There are two because I could never find a weapon to work opposite of the sniper, so I decided to change how most maps do with two neutral ones. It also makes it possible to steal the ammo from one to it down to one power weapon until it respawns. In the event a team has both sniper and rocks. The other team can have a chance with the quick-spawning OS.

I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it. Yes, this is the first reach map I have completed, and my first map posted since 09. But you guys have to check out the next ones as they are great. Good luck to those competing.

4. Erupt

Erupt Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I would like to point out that this is in my top 3 favorite map names ever.

5. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient

Rorak is just mad because there isnt a Grenade Launcher.

I feel sorry for anyone who lets their opponents get ahold of both snipers, its bad. Happened in testing and... its bad. All the more reason to fight for it. My only critique was the OS being so close to the Rockets, which isnt a huge problem into the match considering the respawn times. Other than that, I love this map.

6. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented

Quick opposing team. Now's your chance!

7. Scobra

Scobra Ancient

One Sniper gives you immediate access to OS if you time it right and go off the man cannon, which allows you to then make a move towards Rockets. It really is not that hard at all.

Not saying it's bad in the very least, but the amount of power items is overkill in this case.

8. ASSASSINinWH1TE

ASSASSINinWH1TE Ancient

Am I the only one noticing a trend of just plain grey maps? This is a great map but I don't see anything like epic centerpieces or epic structures being featured anymore :/

9. Rorak Kuroda

Rorak Kuroda Up All Night

This map is made for a competitive tournament. There's no need for aesthetics, at all.

10. Erupt

Erupt Forerunner

Plus, it can't have framerate. So no 20 piece center structures allowed.

11. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex

Holy ****, Erupt defending greyness?

*Printscreen*

12. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

There actually is a tad bit of FR.

13. Erupt

Erupt Forerunner

This isn't near the level of greyness that your maps are on.

14. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient

Whoa Scobra, I wasnt saying the map is bad, its just bad for you if you lose both snipes to the other team. Its possible to gain ground back in this situation, but its hard in this map. Thats cool IMO, something to fight for.

15. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex

What can I say... My maps reflect my personality ;)

16. ASSASSINinWH1TE

ASSASSINinWH1TE Ancient

Oh yea I forgot about FR :/ and yes this map is win coated win, are you guys just going to be doing competitive style maps on features? Or is it just a 2v2 throwdown tournament related event going on for a while?

17. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

We were supposed to be spreading out the throwdown features with tasty sprinkles of other things in between, but it hasn't gone so well recently...

18. ASSASSINinWH1TE

ASSASSINinWH1TE Ancient

It's all good these are still some epic maps

19. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

You can pick up the Sniper, Overshield and Rockets in pretty much one go if you go into the mancannon. I know what I'm gonna do. :|

Edit: Beat ya Nutduster.

20. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Absolutely guaranteed that you've overlooked a couple dozen good maps, if not more. I play at least a couple decent maps every week in custom games and a great one at least a couple times a month.

I agree, at least from forge through. Really surprised how the power weapons are clustered. It remains to be seen (by me) how it will play out, but three of the power items are all very close together and should be controlled by one team off initial rush, and the fourth one combined with the lift direct to overshield AND overlooking the rocket spawn..? The design is a puzzling one to me, to say the least. Map geometry looks great though.

Noticed that too, looking from one snipe spawn down toward the other.