Voltage v1

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by ShreddedDreamz, Sep 30, 2008.

?

Rate it

1. ewwww

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. decent

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. good

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. loves it!

20 vote(s)
    69.0%
  1. ShreddedDreamz

ShreddedDreamz Ancient

"overly interlocked", NO SUCH THING!

my views vary very greatly form yours, my friend. I consider interlocking as a definite must! Interlocking not only increases the aesthetics, but it in turn improves the playability. I myself like smooth ramps and slopes, as opposed to a choppy map with untold amounts of bumps that cause you to go in the air, or veer off your initial path. Interlox are needed, and highly essential. But potato, potato (and I know that <- doesnt work as well in text, but you catch my drift.)

2. bio

bio Ancient
    Banned

Lol looks like you got an obssesion whit interlocking--for me i like bumps once in a while --it's just real and meant to be sometimes you can't expect every map to be smoothly clean for you're pleasure only--and come on admit it ANVIL which is 1 of my favorite maps didn't require interlocking so... friend this map is conceptless admit it and you'll sleep better.

3. JSlayer7

JSlayer7 Ancient

1. I gotta disagree with you. Interlocking is a great technique. Same with geomerging. Because these techniques allow you to make maps that would normally be impossible, why not use these?
    2. You must hate a lot of maps if this is your viewpoint. Suggestion: Check out the featured maps. Which ones DON'T use interlocking? Hmmm...Industries (a revamped Foundry) got featured also...
    3. There's a difference between stupid interlocking and useful interlocking. Voltage is an example where interlocking is essential. Neither the core nor the grand building could have been made without it. No offense, but I can't see your point...\
    EDIT: While I'm here, I might as well ask Shredded a question. Did you use a budget glitch in making the map? If so, would it be possible to spawn more immovable objects?

4. bio

bio Ancient
    Banned

Interlocking is a good technique but not a requirement and you do get my point voltage has no expression whatsoever no concept-- nothing to look for just interlocking--to me it feel like a continuation of another map that was unfinished--For the record I DON'T HATE INTERLOCKING i just dont like to download conceptless maps--i mean how can you relate the name of the map which shuold be the main concept to its layout?

5. ShreddedDreamz

ShreddedDreamz Ancient

Yes I used the budget glitch (thanks BuddhaCrane, you made forging incredibly easier.)

-Um, no but yes, I mean I have 1 open dbl box open, a handful of single open boxes, a few doors and window panels thrown aside that I cannot delete because theyre the last of them

2."Interlocking is a good technique but not a requirement and you do get my point voltage has no expression whatsoever no concept-- nothing to look for just interlocking--to me it feel like a continuation of another map that was unfinished--For the record I DON'T HATE INTERLOCKING i just dont like to download conceptless maps--i mean how can you relate the name of the map which shuold be the main concept to its layout?"

-ok, voltage is the name i came up with when i started this map, and all I had was the core built.

AND THE MOST PART:
    a v2 should be here on forgehub shortly. I have yet to test it because i tried to rally some people from forgehub who commented on this to give me their opinions of what i had so far (<FAIL). So as a result, this v2 will also be a 'work in progress' (so to speak) and will too be open to suggestions.... and other stuff of that nature..

EDIT: It's now up

6. H3C x Nevz

H3C x Nevz Ancient

Now that there's a V2, do you need this thread anymore, or should I notify a mod to lock?

7. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

Im not su&e exactly what the layout of the map is but most of it looks g&eat. I &eallly like the powe& gene&ato& and the snipe& spawn. The a and b bases look somewhat th&own togethe& and don't &eally fit with the &est of the map though. I'd say you inte&locking and me&ging is spectacula& and the gameplay looks somewhat decent. &eally an amazing looking map.

I give it an A-

So&&y; in case you haven't noticed my r key is b&oken; as well as my comma key :( so I &eplaced it with &

8. bio

bio Ancient
    Banned

lock

Lock this thread i say-- and better work on non glitched maps bungie doesen't like them neither do i --you gotta work whit what you get legally lol-- that's the hole point of forging and remember clean maps have less errors when forging.

You see what i mean a really good map often takes weeks and months before completing and testing it the right way but most maps here say " 10 houers spent making this map" well i have spent 2 months in a sigle month and inviting numerous people from matchmaking thats how i test whit No friends to tell me "oh it's a good map" just because where friends. that should avoid the famous versions 2,3,4,5,6,7,...... it should be 1 version only cause the chance of people getting back to see if theres a version two it's unlikely.

#48 bio, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2008