Vitruvian

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by squidhands, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

The thread on Bungie.net is titled, "Vitruvian Omega", teh lolz. I didn't know you needed to work on Vitruvian anymore though... - Brute Captain

2. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Yeah, I didn't want to kill the original thread by removing it from my fileshare, and Omega sounded better than 'final' or '2.0'.

3. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

Very nice map very original and your right there are a few too many boxes, crates and barrels maps out there so this one really stands out. there are alot of open spaces but previous replies said they add to the map so i'll go with them on that one and the name is inspired or your a HUGE history nerd

4. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Thanks for the comments, aBlAz3. If anyone plays some of the other gametypes like 1 Flag, KOTH, Oddball or anything else I'd love to hear how it played for you.

5. Gordo24

Gordo24 Ancient

Looks great I like the floating shield doors it is an interesting way to change the grenade dynamics.

6. General Meaty

General Meaty Ancient

ok, this is going to contradict what everyone else says, but i'm going to have to say i love the way it looks, but would i download it. No. simply because i don't think is has the playability. but great map.

7. Dizfunky

Dizfunky Ancient

There a lot of power weapons, you might want to tone down on that. I don't know, I'd have to play it but from the vid there is almost every one.

8. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Thanks, Gordo; the shield doors also serve as a little extra protection to the platforms from lower angle arms fire.

Sorry you feel it has no playability, General, but I'm afraid you're wrong. You might want to actually play it first before you make an uninformed comment like that.

DiZfuNk, there are several power weapons here, but none of them are easy to get to and have high respawn times (I'm almost positive I covered this before somewhere), thus reducing map ownage. Everything was placed very carefully over many, many testings. Vitruvian plays like a bigger map, and the only thing that can truly run it is player skill.

9. Atheos23

Atheos23 Ancient

Squidhands, I saw this on the old site and DLed it then. Sorry for never commenting. I love this map. Different is rarely received well here so kudos on getting some support. The architectual definitions were not lost in design!!